• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2016. It's your job to be great.

Keanu made Point Break. He's a winner.

Where did comicgaf land on BvS?

Did you guys like it? Or more a mix of opinions?

Came out of it thinking it was a 5/10, but the more I've been thinking about it the more I feel I really liked it. Gunna go again this weekend. It definitely has its issues though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Siege #2-3 - This book is absolutely fantastic. That is all.

Mitch

Banned
I kind of regret buying the Bluray of 47 Ronin.
That bad, huh? I saw the reviews when it came out and stayed far away from it.

Where did comicgaf land on BvS?

Did you guys like it? Or more a mix of opinions?
My dad and I went last Saturday. It was an okay movie. Went in with low expectations after seeing the reviews. Actually enjoyed it for the most part.

Affleck was spot on, IMO. Can't wait to see his Batman movies.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I came out of it scratching my head, wondering who signed off on the creative choices. It does some stuff well, but the package as a whole is more miss than hit for me.

I actually thought Ben was incredibly overrated. I hated his Batman. He was bland, insane, grumpy and like pretty much everyone in this movie inflicted with occasional plot-induced stupidity.

LOVED Jeremy Irons though. Gadot and Irons were the highlights of the movie to me. Oh, and the Batstuff was all cool. Like he had cool toys. That was all I liked about him.

Sigh. Man I wanted to like this movie. I wanted to at least have a good time. I did not.

I haven't read Batman 50 yet, maybe I'll do that right now.

Messi

I loved Wonder Woman, best part of the movie easily. Can't wait for her solo film. Her theme is amazing too.

Affleck was great. I expected him to be great tbh. His solo movie should be amazing too. Just drop Leto in there against him and all will be right in the world.

Superman was fine, nothing more nothing less. Don't like Superman and this did nothing to change my mind. But he didn't harm the movie in my eyes.

There are many problems but I don't put them at the feet of the 3 main characters. Its an ok movie that I have little interest in seeing again.

Edit: Irons was great as alfred too.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
How do you feel about America and Kate?

What do you mean? They are...fine? They are barely in it.

Marvel Zombies #2-3: Also fantastic. Art is amazing, kinda reminds me of Bachalo a bit, but less chaotic.

One thing is for sure about Secret Wars tie-ins man... when they are good, they are really good.

Messi

I think they are almost as cute as Niko and Singularity.

I hope this is a positive because those two are incredibly cute together.

What do you mean? They are...fine? They are barely in it.

Marvel Zombies #2-3: Also fantastic. Art is amazing, kinda reminds me of Bachalo a bit, but less chaotic.

so little in fact that I bought their two main pages and there wasn't much to choose from lol

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I actually thought Ben was incredibly overrated. I hated his Batman. He was bland, insane, grumpy and like pretty much everyone in this movie inflicted with occasional plot-induced stupidity.

LOVED Jeremy Irons though. Gadot and Irons were the highlights of the movie to me. Oh, and the Batstuff was all cool. Like he had cool toys. That was all I liked about him.

Sigh. Man I wanted to like this movie. I wanted to at least have a good time. I did not.

I haven't read Batman 50 yet, maybe I'll do that right now.

#50 was good

Mitch

Banned
Irons better return in Affleck's films. As far as Affleck goes, I've been a huge fan of his for a long time, so I'm probably just biased.

Looking forward to the solo WW movie. Her scenes were some of my favorite.

Messi

Are you still picking up A-Force? I thought you said you weren't feeling it anymore.

There hasn't been an issue since I said that. Still gonna buy it because why not. Plus creative is changing soon.

I was more talking about SW A-Force Singularity. That's where I enjoyed how she was written. Hopefully Kelly Thompson can recapture that.

Top Bottom