• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2016. It's your job to be great.

TheFlow

Banned
sighhhhhhhhhhhh.
12788071_10153580765756359_1083247239_n-2-600x450.jpg

Vyer

As I said before, I'm kind of new to the world of comics. Reading a bunch of stuff at the moment through the Marvel Unlimited app. Just finished Kevin Smith's run of Daredevil. Shit was weird. Like really weird. I feel like the tone was too all over the place.

I remember liking it well enough.

Stay away from Smith's takes on Batman though.

Will definitely be keeping up with this.

How do you think it will be compared to previous runs? I'm not familiar with the people working on it.

It's probably be good, but I don't think anyone will write the character as well as Ennis has in the past. Cloonan is a fantastic [relative] newcomer, though. I'm sure she'll nail it.

Good to know! I'm just trying to build my pull list.

Me neither. Love the character though.

Sadly, they just had some really good sales on CMX the past few weeks and you missed them. Although, I think the MAX one is still active; if you've never read, it's the best place to start.

Meant to quote Flow in here too, but I'm on mobile :p

Mitch

Banned
Sadly, they just had some really good sales on CMX the past few weeks and you missed them. Although, I think the MAX one is still active; if you've never read, it's the best place to start.
Had the app installed earlier in the week and saw the sale, but I didn't want to buy anything digital since I really don't have anything suitable to read them on.

TheFlow

Banned
Like reading comics on my desktop. since the images appear bigger than a normal physical comic.

I only buy hc collections for anything physical

Not a bad plan. I'd consider it if I had a tablet.

I'd take a hard look and see if a tablet is the right choice for you. I bought one last year and it is probably the best investment I've ever made... and I legit only use it for comics. It's just so much more comfortable than reading a book in every way - form factor, lighting, not having to get up to grab the next book. I only ever buy nice hardcovers that I can collect anymore; everything paperback I have left unread, I've been snagging digitally.

YMMV though, of course.

Mitch

Banned
I'd take a hard look and see if a tablet is the right choice for you. I bought one last year and it is probably the best investment I've ever made... and I legit only use it for comics. It's just so much more comfortable than reading a book in every way - form factor, lighting, not having to get up to grab the next book. I only ever buy nice hardcovers that I can collect anymore; everything paperback I have left unread, I've been snagging digitally.

YMMV though, of course.
Earlier in the thread I mentioned my situation.

Have an early 2015 MBP, which is mainly for work and Skype with girlfriend. Moving in a couple weeks, so I won't need it all that much. If I could sell it and get an iPad Pro, I'd be set.

Earlier in the thread I mentioned my situation.

Have an early 2015 MBP, which is mainly for work and Skype with girlfriend. Moving in a couple weeks, so I won't need it all that much. If I could sell it and get an iPad Pro, I'd be set.

..I'd dig into that Punisher MAX set while you figure that out. Gket's right, that series never goes on sale and it's some of the best comics ever.

Picked up Aquaman #50 on people's talk in here, can confirm, is good. Definitely looking forward to the Rebirth book now. Mera doing standup... loooool. Too perfect.

Top Bottom