• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2016. It's your job to be great.

Why are the Johns JSA onmibus' so bloody expensive? Nearly 100 quid each? Yikes
Because they have to go deep into the catacombs under the library, where the keep it right next to the goddamn Necronomicon. Because that isn't a book, it's a tome.
This is my dream. They'd be such a perfect and incredible contrast to the Avengers.

I'm rereading all the Claremont stuff and it's amazing how Singer can bring over storylines from those books but completely miss the depth and wonder that makes them great. MCU just breathes that shit.
Couldn't agree more.
I want FOX to keep making X-Men films just so I can never feel bad about the fact there's never going to be a Tom King X-Force run
Well now I feel bad
But Sanji is worth 1000 men; Luffy himself said so.
Sanji's too busy being garbage to be worth that, I don't give a damn what Luffy said.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
The foot gang of the turtles are a reference to the hand of Daredevil, right? Since the juce that gave Matt his powers is supposed to be the same as the one that gave the turtles theirs?

I liked it. I haven't read Aquaman in ages, but I just impulse-bought it. Good issue, Mera was great.

I feel Abnett captured the tone of Johns and Parkers Aquaman perfectly. That tone being, the Arthur and Mera show. They are at their best as a couple working together. Brett Booths art was oddly charming.

Owzers

it's like one day you realize all your pens don't work anymore. Since when do pens go dry if you store them for five years? Ridiculous.

Interfectum

Is it easy to transfer files across? Because on my android tablet I can transfer them via wifi

For Comixology, the app will transfer.

For PDFs or whatnot on your PC you can download an app called "Documents" and drag them over from windows, saving the folder structure.

There are a ton of connections between Daredevil and the Ninja Turtles. The best is the "ooze" stuff. Also, Shredder had previously killed Splinter's master and lover.

The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' origin story paid homage to the first issue of Daredevil from 1963, in which young Matt Murdock is blinded by a radioactive isotope while pushing an old blind man from the path of an oncoming truck. Eastman and Laird extrapolated that after the canister containing that isotope struck Murdock, it collided with a bystander who was carrying a fishbowl containing his pets — four baby turtles. The turtles and the canister, which bore the initials T.C.R.I., fell down a grate into the sewer below, where they were discovered by an inquisitive rat, Splinter. Splinter had been the pet of the exiled ninja warrior Hamato Yoshi, who was slain along with his lover, Tang Shen, by the treacherous Oroku Saki, who blamed Yoshi for the death of his brother, Oroku Nagi.

"Splinter's name was a tip of the hat to the Daredevil supporting character Stick," recalls Laird, discussing the ninja master created by Miller who provided young Matt Murdock with the skills he would require to fight crime as Daredevil. "I think we chose a rat because as we began working out the story for the first issue of TMNT, we knew a lot of it would be set in the storm drains and sewers and back alleys of the city, and we figured that a common denizen of those places was the humble rat." Since The Hand menaced Daredevil during Miller's tenure, it was only natural that the Turtles would find themselves in conflict with The Foot, a clan of ninjas whose leader, the Shredder, was none other than Oroku Saki. The Shredder took his design inspiration from a metal cheese grater that struck Eastman as a potential weapon in the hands of the wrong person.
http://theweek.com/captured/446321/fascinating-origin-story-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles

sbXpasC.jpg

You are a star!

Got paid today and trying to do the monthly 'How much can i spend on comics' budget.

Also look on rakuten.co.uk. They have codes right now that should give you another 15 % off (MARCH15 and MARCH2016).

The Starman and Chase tie ins were some of my favorite, but you're right, it's all great world building. Just another thing to add to my reread list...

Just got to the Starman issue. I loved it too. (And I also realised I had already read it as part of the Starman Omnibuses last year...)

Mitch

Banned
Black Panther is at the top of my list for pulls next month. I've never read anything Black Panther, so I'm excited to jump in.

Top Bottom