• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2016. It's your job to be great.

Li Kao

Ohhhh, a new series by Roger Langridge, Baker Street Peculiars.
STK699246.jpg

Now I maybe couldn't manage to make a sane pull list to save my life but this bad boy goes in, no question.

IST update is up.

Anyone getting the Civil War box set?

Clowes' Patience is out too!

And I didn't realise there was a Rivers of London comic!

The question I need to ask myself is if I want the Davedevil Omni despite already having the softcover collections of that material (which were purchased a couple months before the reprint announcement).

The question I need to ask myself is if I want the Davedevil Omni despite already having the softcover collections of that material (which were purchased a couple months before the reprint announcement).

Is it that good? I loved Man Without Fear and Born Again but I still haven't read Miller's original run.

If it's something you really love, then I'd say it's worth owning in a one-volume edition. If not, you can live without it.

Zombine

Banned
They don't call it March Madness for nothing...RIP Messi.

Edit:
I'm going to celebrate this moment by dropping a free copy of Ant Man #5. First person to post their least favorite Olivia Wilde gif can claim it.

Is it that good? I loved Man Without Fear and Born Again but I still haven't read Miller's original run.

Well, I mean, it's quite strong. It's just a question of if a larger hardcover version is worth $60. Personally, I've decided against it. Singles and normal trades I'm most OK replacing with an OHC, but larger collections feel harder for me to justify unless the OHC is cheap and/or the run is near the top of my all-time list.

Owzers

As i somewhat said in the super tuesday thread even though it's more relevant here,I thought Hillary had Virginia locked and i was going to make a troll/anti-rubio vote for Trump after months of having fun but i chickened out and ended up with Kasich.

Now no one is happy.

Vyer

short answer; yes

long answer: Once upon a time, Maria Stark was pregnant with a baby. But the baby had a sickness. That's when 451, a kindly recorder robot from the Rigelian Empire, offers to help. He'll cure the baby's illness, but in exchange, he wants to make the baby Super Great At Machines, which he claims is to help humanity be on a level playing field with every other crazy cosmic civilization in the Marvel Universe.

Also, Howard and Maria Stark are part of a merry band of old-school badasses, and they have to fight grey aliens in Vegas and it's RAD.

Anyway, the baby is born, he's great at machines, whatever.

Fast forward to the present! 451 bails Tony out of space jail (he was put in space jail by a bunch of mad space people who worship the Phoenix, which Tony kinda sorta maybe killed at the end of Avengers Vs. X-Men) and asks him to pilot the Godkiller, which is this giant suit of power armor that can pretty much fuck shit up on the grandest scale imaginable, and which only someone who's been made to be Super Great At Machines as a baby could pilot. They fight for a bit, except 451 wins because he's a robot, and robots are tricky.

So he puts Tony in the Godkiller.

And that's when the Godkiller does not work.

"Wait", you say "but what about the baby who's been engineered to be Super Great At Machines to pilot a Giant Death Robot in the future?"

Well, that's very much Not Tony. See, Howard and Maria Stark are Not Dumb. And they've figured out that 451 was Kind Of A Dick. So, to keep him safe from Alien Robots Who Are Kinda Dicks, they decide to hide the baby, and adopt a kid of the exact same age, who they will raise as their son.

The name of that kid? The baby who's Super Great At Machines, but still also kinda sick, which, in part, is because of the robot that made him that way?

Arno Stark, a.k.a. Iron Man 2020 (FOUR MORE YEARS Y'ALL)

People kinda hated it at the time, but I'm still way down on it because it adds some spice to Tony's whole thing without actually changing anything. Like, he still built this in a cave with a box of scraps, but also, his family was way dope, but also mysterious.

It's s good thing the adoption agency was overstocked on Super Great at Machines babies

As i somewhat said in the super tuesday thread even though it's more relevant here,I thought Hillary had Virginia locked and i was going to make a troll/anti-rubio vote for Drumpf after months of having fun but i chickened out and ended up with Kasich.

Now no one is happy.
this end to your story sounds like some Bendis wrote

Top Bottom