• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| March Harley Quinn does the Banana Splits

shingi70

Banned
Yeah he was done after Multiversity.

Nope, dude is still doing Wonder Woman Earth One and he was writing those multiversity graphic novels that were announced.

Green Aerow #18: it's a bit of a cliche but I do like the added context to Arsenal being adopted by someone on the reservation. Pretty sure there was a similar story done in the O'Neil GA run.

caliph95

They work. X-Men does not belong wrapped up in the greater Marvel world. That was part of the franchie's downfall IMO. Untangle them from Avengers and all the nonsense.
Never going to happen how else are they have wolverine and deadpool in avengers. Seriously they should start doing more lines by i din't know new ultimate ala WIldstorm or something.

Cetra

They work. X-Men does not belong wrapped up in the greater Marvel world. That was part of the franchie's downfall IMO. Untangle them from Avengers and all the nonsense.

After catching up on X-Men, yeah...I agree. They work better when existing outside the goings on of the larger Marvel Universe.

Hagi

So what then? Just dump Emma because some shit decisions were made?

Dump her? lol I'm just not interested in a book that follows her current trajectory. I'm not spending money on something I don't want just because it stars one of my favourite characters, I'll leave that up to you.

If Iron Man can be redeemed so can Emma, or make her into a decent anti hero. It's comics though she will make a comeback.

They already did this and I'm fine with waiting till it happens again.

Oh don't get me started on Harley. What an abortion of a character that should have been sent to the trash bin. Dini and Timm should be ashamed.

Hagi

Haha! Ruthless!

I kid, I kid. I've got 25 more issues of her ongoing sitting on my tablet to read at some point.

Speaking of actually reading comics I've been slowly working through the current Red Hood book and enjoying it a lot. Bizarro is such fun and I'm glad he's in the book. Rebirth has really ignited my love for DC, so many books I'm reading and having a blast with.

I mean I do actually like Harley and Emma's one of my favorite X-Men, but come on. "Dump Emma?" Good lord, we don't even know what's gonna happen to her. I would not be surprised if she pops in the following books for at least one arc: X-Men Gold, X-Men Blue, Jean Grey, Old Man Logan, Cable.

I kid, I kid. I've got 25 more issues of her ongoing sitting on my tablet to read at some point.

Speaking of actually reading comics I've been slowly working through the current Red Hood book and enjoying it a lot. Bizarro is such fun and I'm glad he's in the book. Rebirth has really ignited my love for DC, so many books I'm reading and having a blast with.

I actually took note of Red Hood after you mentioned it last time, I think someone might have mentioned it being good too. I mean, it's Lobdell, but we tend to have similar tastes so I'll gamble. I'm gonna check out vol 1 of the Harry Rebirth stuff too haha.

I had a few books I followed consistently through the new 52, but the number seemed to keep going up after the dcyou initiative and now Rebirth. They have a good thing going these days. Funny thing is, as a kid I read Marvel only, never touched a dc book growing up. I think Morrison's batman was my first contemporary dc series I read ha.

shingi70

Banned
Sending the X-men to space could have been cool in the hands of the right writer. Something like Earth-2 is doing.

However the subtext of sending the minority group expy into space would look bad.

Messi

I mean I do actually like Harley and Emma's one of my favorite X-Men, but come on. "Dump Emma?" Good lord, we don't even know what's gonna happen to her. I would not be surprised if she pops in the following books for at least one arc: X-Men Gold, X-Men Blue, Jean Grey, Old Man Logan, Cable.

I was asking if dumping Emma is what he wants. It was not an endorsement.

Hagi

I actually took note of Red Hood after you mentioned it last time, I think someone might have mentioned it being good too. I mean, it's Lobdell, but we tend to have similar tastes so I'll gamble. I'm gonna check out vol 1 of the Harry Rebirth stuff too haha.

I had a few books I followed consistently through the new 52, but the number seemed to keep going up after the dcyou initiative and now Rebirth. They have a good thing going these days. Funny thing is, as a kid I read Marvel only, never touched a dc book growing up. I think Morrison's batman was my first contemporary dc series I read ha.

I tried the last Red Hood book and while the art was amazing the rest was crap so I'm quite surprised that I'm enjoying this. I'd definitely say it's worth a try.

Outside of Batman I was always a Marvel kid growing up, the frst actual trade I bought was Ellis Thunderbolts I think then I started getting into Brubakers run of Cap and went from there. Pretty sure Morrisons run was actually my first foray into DC monthlies along with R.E.B.E.L.S.

I was asking if dumping Emma is what he wants. It was not an endorsement.

Why ask me something like that though? I'm not some crazed comic fan who needs his wants met at every turn. If I don't like something I just won't buy it and hope at some point they'll release a product I will like.

Read Kill or Be Killed last night. Every creator involved is in fine form. Brubaker, Phillips and Breitweiser do excellent work here. Brubaker and Phillips are probably the steadiest duo in comics so I should have to do much to sell you on it.

Hagi

It wasn't

tumblr_om5sfdsd4F1uuh0ido2_540.gif

Read Kill or Be Killed last night. Every creator involved is in fine form. Brubaker, Phillips and Breitweiser do excellent work here. Brubaker and Phillips are probably the steadiest duo in comics so I should have to do much to sell you on it.

I didn't know the first volume was out, I'll have to pick it up along with Seven to Eternity at the end of the month.

I didn't know the first volume was out, I'll have to pick it up along with Seven to Eternity at the end of the month.

I hope it's out, I stuck it on my birthday list for the end of the month! Can't wait to get my hands on some of this new Image stuff that's hitting trade. Kill or be killed, the black Monday murders, seven to Eternity.

Trying to actually think what my first trade was. I got back into comics around Disassembled and Bru's cap and Bendis's New Avengers was launching, but I went floppy for awhile until I raised what a mistake that was. I so distinctly remember grabbing volume 1 of Antony Johnston's Wasteland series and just being in awe. Great series looking back too, even if it did Peter out a bit after Mitten left and the delays.

shingi70

Banned
Any food podcasts about analysis of comics, or anything with good discourse oin characters or books.

I was listening to a podcast yesterday talking about the different comic book TV series. One of the guys loved the flash but dislikes Supergirl. When asked about it he couldn't really form it into words expect saying it was for 15 year old girls and it was full of rah rah girl power. While that's true, I found a bit disheartening that the only reason he seemed to like Jessica Jones was because it was dark, and he couldn't really expound upon what that meant or any of what JJ had to same about feminism or being a woman.

Mind you these are older comic guys who grew up in the 90s, but man alot of the time it seems like they can't get out of the it just had to be dark mentality.

It's still a great and funny podcast but I'm looking for something with a but more meat on the bone outside of historical context.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Just finished reading IvX. Decent enough finale, no idea where they'll go with Emma. Whole event could've been prevented with some common sense from the mutants but whatever.

Morrison books: The ones he has announced are WW Earth One Vol 2-3(100% happening), Multiversity Too books(with a Flash book to start it IIRC? Like 33% chance that happens if DC don't care about just letting him do what he wants with the Multiverse) and a Batman Black And White book(1% chance that ever sees the light). On the "writer doesn't want to do superheroes any more", you might be thinking of Brubaker.

Vic_Viper

Where is a good place to start Peter David's X-Factor run? Is the 2002 series, after the mini, a good place to start fresh?

Has X-Man/Nate Grey been featured in anything noteworthy recently? Aside from his 90s book, has he had a leading role in anything since? I think he had a small stint in one New mutants arc, but other than that I can't remember anything since.

Top Bottom