• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| March Harley Quinn does the Banana Splits

Sandfox

So I'm thinking of picking up Remender's X-Force during the weekend sale since it's buy one get one free, but I'm not sure what else I should pick up.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Started Low, read 3 chapters so far.

Much like Deadly Class, this is a gorgeous book. Also, this guy sure does know how to draw beautiful women.

Sandfox

https://mobile.twitter.com/zdarsky/status/840692070180364288

I can't wait for Chip Zdarsky Spider-Man.

Even with her sometimes poor choice in fashion I don't think she'd be caught dead wearing that shit. Light the Wada signal, if we ever needed him to redesign a costume it's now.
I was only being half serious. If people complain about it the costume will probably change, especially with completely new creative teams taking over. I like how it's an homage to Cyclops' uniform though so I would like that theme to stick.

There was literally an entire tumblr blog for redesigns of Emma Frost

Doesnt seem to be active anymore but it seems my submission is still on there

tumblr_ns8eh8asfB1rroituo1_1280.jpg

About two thirds through the night of the monster men bat crossover. It's not bad! I had kind of steeled myself for it but I'm actually enjoying it. I could see where six issues of this holding up the other storylines if you're an actual biweekly reader could be offputting but I already wait forever for trades, and also I just really like big horror kaijus & It's fun seeing some of the different casts mix it up. Really love Rossmo's art on the Batman issues too, damn. Presumably stuff like this and JL vs SS is their solution to do books bimonthly and give the core creative team a breather every so often to catch up on scheduling, and this isn't a bad solution in my eyes.

Also, the moment where Batman & Clayface suit up...awesome.

Where is a good place to start Peter David's X-Factor run? Is the 2002 series, after the mini, a good place to start fresh?

Has X-Man/Nate Grey been featured in anything noteworthy recently? Aside from his 90s book, has he had a leading role in anything since? I think he had a small stint in one New mutants arc, but other than that I can't remember anything since.
Bunn's Fearless Defenders is all I can think of. Not exactly noteworthy. It was for about two issues, tops. In a minor role.

Sandfox

I just finished Kingpin #2 and I loved it. This book is interesting since Kingpin arguably isn't the protagonist, yet it's doing so much to humanize the character by showing why he became the man he is and showcasing his weaknesses/insecurities. I have to give Rosenberg props for this book.

mreddie

Kingpin Dos addressed my fears about being a Kingpin book with little Fisk, the two viewpoints help balance both sides to Fisk's intentions.

The God

Trying to get more into comics and I want to get a complete set of books for the Infinity War saga. What do I need besides Infinity War and Infinity Gauntlet?

Bii

Started Low, read 3 chapters so far.

Much like Deadly Class, this is a gorgeous book. Also, this guy sure does know how to draw beautiful women.

Behind Deadly Class, it's my favorite Remender ongoing.

I read some comics today! Had been on a hiatus for a few months but was still picking up my weekly pulls from my shop. So I have a lot to go through. Also, I was able to get my 4-day pass to SDCC this year. Seven years in a row!

Einchy

Behind Deadly Class, it's my favorite Remender ongoing.

What's your opinion on Black Science?

After finishing volume 1 and 2 of Low, I still have volume of of Tokyo Ghost left to read. If Tokyo Ghost is as good as Deadly Class and Low, I'll probably have to get Black Science next.

TheFlow

Banned
What's your opinion on Black Science?

After finishing volume 1 and 2 of Low, I still have volume of of Tokyo Ghost left to read. If Tokyo Ghost is as good as Deadly Class and Low, I'll probably have to get Black Science next.
Hmmmm. First two volumes of black science>two volumes of ghost.

Both my least favorite of his. Black science could of been great but it jumps the gun too much.

Blueblur1

Hey guys, I have a question. After seeing Logan I'm interested in signing up for Marvel Unlimited and catching up on X-Men and other comics. The last time I read any Marvel comics was in the early 2000s when I used to read Ultimate X-Men, Ult Spider-Man and Amazing Spider-Man. I know its been a long time so all the books are done and there's lots of newer stuff.

What be a good starting points if I wanted to jump back into X-Men, Spider-Man, and anything else that's really good right now?

Trees #1 - #8 was bloody amazing. Now I am kicking myself for sleeping on it for this long. The art is such a perfect fit too.

My favourite thread might be the Chinese tree.
Chenglei :(

I actually finished the whole volume at a stretch. Haven't done that in a while. It must have been a bit of a pain reading this monthly as it released though.

error4041

Hey guys, I have a question. After seeing Logan I'm interested in signing up for Marvel Unlimited and catching up on X-Men and other comics. The last time I read any Marvel comics was in the early 2000s when I used to read Ultimate X-Men, Ult Spider-Man and Amazing Spider-Man. I know its been a long time so all the books are done and there's lots of newer stuff.

What be a good starting points if I wanted to jump back into X-Men, Spider-Man, and anything else that's really good right now?
I'm not very well versed in the X-Men, but I think Wolverine and the X-Men (Aaron?) and Uncanny X-Force (Remember) are considered the best X-Books in recent years, both Wolverine books are pretty good right now as well.

For Spider-Man, I would start at Superior Spider-Man, where Doctar Ock takes over Peter's body and decides to become a better Spider-Man, and keep on going from there. If you prefer it when Spidey has a wife and kid, there is Renew your Vows, there was a Secret War mini, and an ongoing that started a few months ago.

Some good Marvel stuff would be Vision (King), Jessica Jones (Bendis), Deadpool (Duggen), Squirrel Girl (North) Gwenpool (Hastings) and Thor (Aaron) are all books that I would consider great.

Einchy

I love all the designs in Low, Tocchini puts an insane amount of work into backgrounds and characters we only see once.

21dHz6z.jpg

It's the exact opposite of this.

caliph95

I'm not very well versed in the X-Men, but I think Wolverine and the X-Men (Aaron?) and Uncanny X-Force (Remember) are considered the best X-Books in recent years, both Wolverine books are pretty good right now as well.

For Spider-Man, I would start at Superior Spider-Man, where Doctar Ock takes over Peter's body and decides to become a better Spider-Man, and keep on going from there. If you prefer it when Spidey has a wife and kid, there is Renew your Vows, there was a Secret War mini, and an ongoing that started a few months ago.

Some good Marvel stuff would be Vision (King), Jessica Jones (Bendis), Deadpool (Duggen), Squirrel Girl (North) Gwenpool (Hastings) and Thor (Aaron) are all books that I would consider great.
Jason Aaron's Wolverine was pretty good too i thought and you are interested in the Legion tv show you can try the Second Volume of X-men Legacy by Simon Spurrier

I love all the designs in Low, Tocchini puts an insane amount of work into backgrounds and characters we only see once.

21dHz6z.jpg

It's the exact opposite of this.

It helps that all his characters are abstract and crazy looking. They're all well designed and unique. It was difficult looking at his art during the one arc he did with Remender on X-Force but he's gotten better.

Sandfox

I would actually suggest starting at Big Time before Superior because it builds up to that story.
Reasking, what's the best run to get for Hulk sans the Pak stuff?
Duggan's Hulk run is different and David's run is popular.

Boogiepop

Welp, just watched The Wolverine for the first time. Figured why not as I'm planning to see Logan soon enough with a friend. That... was dumb. And it was definitely a bad movie, but it was still waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than Origins. At least this was kind of a fun dumb. Oh, and they sure did love having lots and lots of shirtless Hugh Jackman, huh? Btw, was that mid credits thing a teaser for DoFP that doesn't actually line up to that movie?

Welp, just watched The Wolverine for the first time. Figured why not as I'm planning to see Logan soon enough with a friend. That... was dumb. And it was definitely a bad movie, but it was still waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than Origins. At least this was kind of a fun dumb. Oh, and they sure did love having lots and lots of shirtless Hugh Jackman, huh? Btw, was that mid credits thing a teaser for DoFP that doesn't actually line up to that movie?

It was for DoFP.

Trees #1 - #8 was bloody amazing. Now I am kicking myself for sleeping on it for this long. The art is such a perfect fit too.

I actually finished the whole volume at a stretch. Haven't done that in a while. It must have been a bit of a pain reading this monthly as it released though.

I really enjoyed that comic. Very interesting that he included a trans character in the book, too. Is Trees coming back soon?

mreddie

How the fuck are Wolverine and Logan by the same guy?

Like one is a studio mandated thing and the other is director driven.

caliph95

Meaning to get back to that might as well.

How the fuck are Wolverine and Logan by the same guy?

Like one is a studio mandated thing and the other is director driven.
The Wolverine is pretty much a quiet movie up until the last 15 minutes where you can tell the studio wanted Wolverine to fight Silver Samurai. Logan and The Wolverine are about the same. The director got better writing and wasn't tied down by continuity and the source material.

Top Bottom