• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombine

Banned
So I'm going to start a jar that I take with me to comic con. Instead of collecting sketches from my favorite artists I'll collect their souls.

Messi

So I'm going to start a jar that I take with me to comic con. Instead of collecting sketches from my favorite artists I'll collect their souls.

post-28942-Olivia-Wilde-WHAT-WTF-gif-sexy-8W3w.gif

Don't bother with Nocenti there is nothing in there.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Yo ViewtifulJC, just got my Stray Bullets package, so let's fucking do this.

But then their lifeless bodies would cause the con to shut down. You'd probably get 2 souls before someone calls 911.

You know he redid loads of the art for the trades? It would be best to read them like that. Some of the improvements are a stark difference. But I understand the impulse to devour it all on deviantArt. It's a real page turner.

You know what book deserves more love as it is consistently great. Shutter. Lovely book with great characters. I love that there is a transgender character and that she is really well written.

Hah I was just going to make a shutter post. I just finished #11 and while reading it I kept thinking this is one of the wildest books out there. I still don't know what it is. It's not grim, it's not light hearted, it's world seems to have no defined rules, etc. the cat clock is my favorite character but this recent trend with him has me concerned

Yo ViewtifulJC, just got my Stray Bullets package, so let's fucking do this.
I-is it really happening??? *cries*

You know he redid loads of the art for the trades? It would be best to read them like that. Some of the improvements are a stark difference. But I understand the impulse to devour it all on deviantArt. It's a real page turner.

You know what book deserves more love as it is consistently great. Shutter. Lovely book with great characters. I love that there is a transgender character and that she is really well written.

Well, that will just give me an excuse to go through it a second time, now won't it~?

And I'll take a look at Shutter. Also, the hell? I'm almost better off just getting the first trade from IST and hoping I enjoy it than I would be if I checked out the first issue off CMX. $5.79 compared to $1.99.

Messi

Well, that will just give me an excuse to go through it a second time, now won't it~?

And I'll take a look at Shutter. Also, the hell? I'm almost better off just getting the first trade from IST and hoping I enjoy it than I would be if I checked out the first issue off CMX. $5.79 compared to $1.99.

Yeah IST is awesome

Boogiepop

So when should AXIS be complete on MU? That's one I'm REALLY hoping to knock out in this month trial, since Uncanny X-force+Avengers means I totally have to read through it, but it's apparently absolute garbage so I don't want to pay any money for.

Owzers

A byproduct of buying less monthlies and more trades is having a shelf start to fill of volume 1 trades i don't continue:

Green Arrow - Lemire
Superior Foes of Spidey - read the rest on MU to kill the industry
Messi Quinn
Red Lanterns - soule
Bedlam - Spencer is sticking to Ants
FBP - a decent sci-fi book but wasn't interested enough to move on.

continuing:

Southern Bastards, i got to see where this werewolf angle takes it
Zero: already bought volume 2 and 3 in my last IST order
Batman Earth One, probably, it was pretty good.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I am at the Issue where we learn what happened in the Nevative Zone... FF Vol. 2 is great so far, but definitly nit as great as the first half so far...

Owzers

How the fuck have you been posting in this thread for so long and not know Nextwave?

every year on Messi's birthday he comes to neogaf and says he doesn't know what Nextwave is. But secretly...it's his favorite book.

My tastes are.... Particular

This is what cannibals say, or at the very least people who eat comics. In theory you should like this book, but it might lean too much on the hijinx side of the girly hijinx. There are three women on the small team though. It's on MU...there is a free month of MU going on now....

Anywho, happy birthdayyyyyy.

I read the two-issue Cable: Blood and Metal mini from the 90s and it's pretty XTREEEME as you can guess, but it's drawn by JRJR so everything looks awesome. The story is about Cable learning to be more of a team player after basically abandoning his crew back in the day and it's somewhat undercooked but it's a pretty fun read. Fun to look at, at least.
well not YET

I read the two-issue Cable: Blood and Metal mini from the 90s and it's pretty XTREEEME as you can guess, but it's drawn by JRJR so everything looks awesome. The story is about Cable learning to be more of a team player after basically abandoning his crew back in the day and it's somewhat undercooked but it's a pretty fun read. Fun to look at, at least.

OMG @ Romita's interpretation of Stryfe's Liefeld-esque helmet

background.jpg

my dude is a satellite catching radio waves

Darth Vader #5 takes the series in an interesting direction. People have been criticising Aaron's Star Wars for being too much of a retread, Vader certainly isn't.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Darth Vader #5 takes the series in an interesting direction. People have been criticising Aaron's Star Wars for being too much of a retread, Vader certainly isn't.
I only know the Preview pages, but I hate how everything on Marvels Star Wars has to mirror the big three.
Of course Vader must have a Astromech and a protocol droid, who sounds like to be as hysteric as C3PO and of course Boba Fett has a evil Chewbacca who follows him around.

I only know the Preview pages, but I hate how everything on Marvels Star Wars has to mirror the big three.
Of course Vader must have a Astromech and a protocol droid, who sounds like to be as hysteric as C3PO and of course Boba Fett has a evil Chewbacca who follows him around.

I thought that when I first saw them but they're well written and hilarious. They and Aphra add some humour to a story that would be pretty stoic otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom