• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

Arkham season pass

Don't do this to me

Is that Cass?

Ohh damn it! Now I may have to buy that, all though the season pass offers no savings this time around right? maybe Ill just buy it later.

God damn I want to play as Batgirl.

If it is Babs it has to be set before Arkham City, because if I remember right she's already paralyzed and is Oracle by then.

mreddie

I would totally buy a poster of the Deadpool #27 cover

Deadpool_27_Cover.jpg

I love the wedding covers.

Starman #53 - #60, Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E #0, All Star Comics 80-Page Giant #1, JSA: ll Stars #4: I am hitting Rhaknar reading speed this weekend.
The side stories weren't really memorable but the wrap-up for the space arc was perfect. I thought the Adam Strange issues were just a one-off but it tied in well with Payton and his fate. Also pretty cool that it ties into the Starman Annual #1 from back in Omnibus 2. The Rashomon type issue was great fun too.

Edit: Oh also, Craig Hamilton's work in #54 was brilliant.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
all caught up with Deadpool's current run (on MU of course), its good but it peaked way too early with the good, the bad and the ugly arc. but like I said, still good

how are the Original Sin and Axis arcs? I've bought eveything up to the wedding volume, but that was the first one I didn't really enjoy. Does it pick up after that?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
how are the Original Sin and Axis arcs? I've bought eveything up to the wedding volume, but that was the first one I didn't really enjoy. Does it pick up after that?

not really no. Original Sin like every other OS tie in might aswell be a stand alone issue, and the Axis stuff is vaguely mentioned that is happening and Deadpool just ignores it (which actually felt weird because here's Evan asking Deadpool for help, someone who Deadpool is supposed to like and just a couple of issues ago saved his daughter, and Deadpool just tells him "lol no you guys got it" with Evan repeatadly asking him for help... it was weird

Bii

For those who re-upped either on 4/16 or 4/17 and used the STARWARS code on Marvel Unlimited to get a free month, you can re-up another free month by using code ULTRON (this code ends on 5/17): http://marvel.com/ultron
You'd have to wait until your sub ends, though.

On a not so comic-related bit, A New Dawn: Star Wars is only $1.99 for the Kindle edition: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IWTSGKC/?tag=neogaf0e-20
This pricing should be in effect today until next Saturday, 5/9 since it's part of their Kindle Select 25 of the week.

Wow, seems like Avengers 2 isnt nearly as successful as expected o_O

I don't know the numbers yet but if this is true I'd chalk it up mostly to how many people went to see the first Avengers multiple times because of the spectacle. You may not be getting that as much with this one. Also, give it more time, to see how the legs are on it.

I don't know the numbers yet but if this is true I'd chalk it up mostly to how many people went to see the first Avengers multiple times because of the spectacle. You may not be getting that as much with this one. Also, give it more time, to see how the legs are on it.

That's what I'm thinking. Avengers 1 was the first theatrical superhero crossover movie. Age of Ultron doesn't have the same novelty.

NexusCell

Wow, seems like Avengers 2 isnt nearly as successful as expected o_O

It's like a Dark Knight to Dark Knight Rises situation. It will still make a shit ton of money, but the first film was lightning in a bottle, and there isn't much that they can do to repeat that.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
OK, I didnt knew the guy in the Avengers thread was just talking about US startweekend numbers, which are only 10% under Avengers 1. I thought, 487 million dollar are the now expected to be lifetime sales... Which would have been a utterly disaster....

As far as I heard, this should be easily compensites by all these new records the first batch of european countrys accomplished. Also, china needs to wait to the 12th.

OK, I didnt knew the guy in the Avengers thread was just talking about US startweekend numbers, which are only 10% under Avengers 1. I thought, 487 million dollar are the now expected to be lifetime sales... Which would have been a utterly disaster....

As far as I heard, this should be easily compensites by all these new records the first batch of european countrys accomplished. Also, china needs to wait to the 12th.

Eh, the numbers don't seem that bad. It seems to have opened stronger International and weaker (at the moment) Domestic.

Boogiepop

Guess this is the best place to ask: Is Batman Beyond: Hush Beyond a good read? I'm looking at the amazon page and don't know if i should pick it up. Any opinions?

Hopefully you still see this (wasn't able to read the thread yesterday really), but I'd definitely recommend it if you enjoyed Beyond. A really nice followup story. The run after it starts off a little rough though, but Hush Beyond is great.

Bii

Star Wars: Kanan - The Last Padawan #1

The start of a 5-issue mini, it's a prequel to the TV series Star Wars Rebels. Kanan, as you may have guessed, is a Padawan learning the ways of the Jedi. It looks like this story takes place during Order 66 where
the clones took out their Jedi commanders
. I won't spoil much but the book was interesting enough for me from beginning until the end. The art looks good, there are a few cheesy moments and the ending of this issue was predictable but it has my attention. #2 releases this Wednesday and I'll be picking that one up.

Anyone interested in reading #1? If so, first person to quote my post saying so will get the Marvel digital code.

GAMEPROFF

Banned

The start of a 5-issue mini, it's a prequel to the TV series Star Wars Rebels. Kanan, as you may have guessed, is a Padawan learning the ways of the Jedi. It looks like this story takes place during Order 66 where
. I won't spoil much but the book was interesting enough for me from beginning until the end. The art looks good, there are a few cheesy moments and the ending of this issue was predictable but it has my attention. #2 releases this Wednesday and I'll be picking that one up.

Anyone interested in reading #1? If so, first person to quote my post saying so will get the Marvel digital code.

Can I have it? I have no idea how this book could be^^

Yea sure

Oops nevermind lol

Zombine

Banned

I loved it so damn much. I expect Good Guy
Rex
to show up in #2, which will lead into the premier of Season 2 of Rebels.

Just let me mainline Star Wars. Right into my fuckin veins.

Back from avengers. I think I like the first one better but this didn't turn out as bad as I feared. Some fun scenes but uneven at times and felt like it was trying too many things. Oh and way too much banter. Went too far there and the characters started to suffer from bendis/millar same voice disease. But the casting for Wanda and vision were great.

You can forward the code to him/her, then. :)

I haven't started watching Rebels yet (still catching up on The Clone Wars) but I'm excited to see how it plays out.

Yea me either. I left off on season 4 somewhere so I restarted from there. I forgot how crazy awesome the battles were getting like the one with the shadow people.
Thanks for the code, and I also grabbed that kindle book. you could have kept it Gameproff. :(

Zombine

Banned
I am in the camp that enjoyed Avengers 2, but I think it highlights that Joss Whedon is kind of garbage. Winter Soldier was infinitely better.

This is the summer of Mad Max.

I am really looking forward to see what the Russos are doing in Civil War.

Still not sure of they are the better choice.

I'm not confident about Civil War, simply because they're gonna have to squeeze in good justifications for both sides, the resolution to the Winter Soldier subplot, and an introduction to Black Panther. And that's all assuming Spidey only makes a cameo.

wjANVCD.jpg

GAMEPROFF

Banned
There are now people demanding Avengers movies without a team of characters.

OT thread keeps delivering.

I'm not confident about Civil War, simply because they're gonna have to squeeze in good justifications for both sides, the resolution to the Winter Soldier subplot, and an introduction to Black Panther. And that's all assuming Spidey only makes a cameo.
Winter Soldier already was predicted as Avengers 1.5... Its hard to say, but I dint think that we really get a Avengers scale movie. More lots lf cameos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom