• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Hickman's FF is off the charts at this point. Huge spoiler

TO ME, MY GALACTUS

Holy crap! Just keeps on delivering. I'm definitely re-reading this entire saga at some point.

Sadist

Saw Age of Ultron yesterday, it's just good old fashioned fun. Didn't care much for Banner x Widow. I did like Vision. Dude is amazing. And man that Elizabeth Olsen in her new costume, GAWDDAMN

Also, they even had FCBD in Holland! Only got two, but it's the one I wanted because Secret Wars #0.

jAaso25NVJt5i.jpg

Btw, I've read Convergence and I must say... what? The Batman thing was weird. Gordon kinda took the words out of my mouth. Superman was okay I guess. Never read anything regarding Wonder Woman, but that was strange as well. Not for me I guess.

Oh and if anyone is interested, I have digital codes for New Avengers #33 and Avengers #44. PM if somebody wants it.

Zombine

Banned
Saw Age of Ultron yesterday, it's just good old fashioned fun. Didn't care much for Banner x Widow. I did like Vision. Dude is amazing. And man that Elizabeth Olsen in her new costume, GAWDDAMN

Also, they even had FCBD in Holland! Only got two, but it's the one I wanted because Secret Wars #0.

jAaso25NVJt5i.jpg

Btw, I've read Convergence and I must say... what? The Batman thing was weird. Gordon kinda took the words out of my mouth. Superman was okay I guess. Never read anything regarding Wonder Woman, but that was strange as well. Not for me I guess.

Oh and if anyone is interested, I have digital codes for New Avengers #33 and Avengers #44. PM if somebody wants it.

PM'd so hard.

I got the Destiny season pass with the Limited Edition at a really good price and I still felt ripped off.

I almost picked up the game once or twice, but always decided that I didn't want to get sucked into the money-vortex that Bungie set up for themselves. The game itself always seemed a little bare-bones to me.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I wish Marvel Unlimited included the latest comics for like a premium price or something

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Should I be caught up on all DC comics before Convergence or does it not matter?

I've still got some Aquaman, Flash and Superman to read.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I prefer short boxes. :X
I'm already up to five and just got two more.

I only have enough comics for one box at the moment, so I'm going to stick with this for now. However, once it's time to add a second box, I'll determine if I want to go short of long. :p

Vibranium

Banned
There was some cool stuff on Comixology, I got to read Southern Bastards and Bitch Planet for free, which I thought was pretty cool. I might pick up more issues of them. I hope lots of you guys with digital tried Velvet!

I'll grab the FCBD Marvel/DC stuff on CMX in a few weeks.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Got 100€ as a present, so I will have money to buy one Omnibus this month... Have to decide between Hickman FF Vol. 2 and Miller Daredevil :D

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Miller DD! :)
Yeah, this one will likely be sooner put of Print since everybody now loves Daredevil.
But then, I feel more pressure to bu FF Vol. 2, because I am scared that the second volume of this one goes oop since I already have the first one.... Hm.

Yeah, this one will likely be sooner put of Print since everybody now loves Daredevil.
But then, I feel more pressure to bu FF Vol. 2, because I am scared that the second volume of this one goes oop since I already have the first one.... Hm.

I'd go for Miller's Daredevil as well. But I've never been much of a FF fan.

mreddie

My guesses on ANAD Avengers:

Stark is dead or trapped, Steve is ok but something happened with Vision/Sam, person in the Iron Man suit is Rick Jones, and Kamala did something during the incursion to put her on notice with the Avengers. If we connect with Rage, Tony is MIA seems to be a plausibility and Vision/Sam tension must have started during the Wars.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I'd go for Miller's Daredevil as well. But I've never been much of a FF fan.
In the end, maybe I will go the "Why not booth"-way :D

Fuck, this month is going to be Amazing. Finally its time for Spider-Verse and the last Brubaker Captain America Omni is about to release o/

Nudull

Banned
Anyone else getting an error message on CMX whenever they try to access their cart or buy a comic?

My guesses on ANAD Avengers:

Stark is dead or trapped, Steve is ok but something happened with Vision/Sam, person in the Iron Man suit is Rick Jones, and Kamala did something during the incursion to put her on notice with the Avengers. If we connect with Rage, Tony is MIA seems to be a plausibility and Vision/Sam tension must have started during the Wars.

How'd you come to that? Something I'm missing in the comics?

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup

You can't go wrong with both, but I'm reading FF vol 2 now and this is some top tier stuff. You need to get it at some point.

[spoiler for Hickman FF run] In one of the early issues there's
this page and I thought the right guy was the most badass Reed out of the entire council. And out of nowhere he gets an amazing backstory.
What a great series. I didn't read any FF stories yet, but this entire run was enough to make me a huge fan. I just wonder if there was anything before this that matched or came close to Hickman's run in quality?

mreddie

Anyone else getting an error message on CMX whenever they try to access their cart or buy a comic?

How'd you come to that? Something I'm missing in the comics?

Waid loves Rick Jones plus I can't see who else would be in the suit. I doubt it's Hulk or Banner, Wasp and Pym are doing their own thing if Rage is any indication. I dunno, the whole "We Chose the Avengers" scene is the one scene that is keeping me guessing. It is a Avenger and a one who's been there from the get go. I would think Rick or Steve.

Cheska

Were any of the FCBD books any good? I had work and then saw the Avengers afterwords, so I didn't get a chance to pick any of them up.

Zombine

Banned
Were any of the FCBD books any good? I had work and then saw the Avengers afterwords, so I didn't get a chance to pick any of them up.

I liked:

Secret Wars #0
Divergence
All New Avengers

2000AD was legit, but nobody here cares about it I don't think.

Waid loves Rick Jones plus I can't see who else would be in the suit. I doubt it's Hulk or Banner, Wasp and Pym are doing their own thing if Rage is any indication. I dunno, the whole "We Chose the Avengers" scene is the one scene that is keeping me guessing. It is a Avenger and a one who's been there from the get go. I would think Rick or Steve.
The thing is, neither Rick nor Steve were there when they chose that name. (disclaimer: I won't be able to read the book until it's on comixology)
I really like the Rick theory though and he's totally the kind of character Waid would want to use. Hell, his Coulson is Rick Jonesy.

Can anybody recommend a good comics podcast? I can't seem to find one I like.
I love Rachel and Miles X-plain the X-Men but it's very specific, obviously.

I went too late and they were out of everything but the let my kid grab a regular book. Never seen this stuff sell out before.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Just ordered

- Superior Foes of Spider-man vol.3
- Southern Bastards vol 1
- Saga vol 1 to 4. Big fan of Y The Last Man, so I'm excited for this.

I also jumped on that free month of Marvel U so I feel like a kid in some kind of a store

I wanna own a store that looks like a comic store on the outside but when you come in all you see is manga and weeaboo crap all around as J-pop is blasting through the speaker and I watch you with a big creepy smile wearing an idol master shirt.

I wanna own a store that looks like a comic store on the outside but when you come in all you see is manga and weeaboo crap all around as J-pop is blasting through the speaker and I watch you with a big creepy smile wearing an idol master shirt.

Sounds like Comic-GAF some days.

Better get these 1000 year old age certificates ready for when I send the cops, buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom