• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombine

Banned
I liked just about everything about Age of Ultron except
Ultron's lips.
My, they looked goofy.

Terminator-Smile.gif

Cap by a mile
It might be hard to follow if you don't read the beginning of Brubaker's run, but it's definitely the most important.

Okay. So would this be fine to read for the whole event?

-Road to Civil War by Bendis
-Civil War by Millar
-Civil War: Captain America by Bruckabar

Okay. So would this be fine to read for the whole event?

-Road to Civil War by Bendis
-Civil War by Millar
-Civil War: Captain America

You're missing Civil War: The Confession which is a single issue I can recommend. Also the biggest part of Cap is #26, the epilogue to the whole event, and I'm not sure that's in the collected edition of CW: CA. It might be in the collected edition of the main book, just make sure you get it in somewhere.

zennyzz

I think they explain it a little in Realm of Kings: Inhumans #1-3.

War of Kings. BB's dead in Realm of Kings.

It's largely "If you keep maximus occupied with something else he's not so bad.

He's still unequivocally terrible, but it's channeled into other things, rather than usurping throne and raping your wife.

PsychBat!

Banned
War of Kings. BB's dead in Realm of Kings.

It's largely "If you keep maximus occupied with something else he's not so bad.

He's still unequivocally terrible, but it's channeled into other things, rather than usurping throne and raping your wife.
Well yeah, I was mostly talking about how no one in the royal family would annihilate him. BB probably never needed to explain why he kept Max around. As his uses in multiple fields of science are unmatched in the Inhuman line. And he's his brother. So.... shit.

Inhumans talk got me to start reading Marvel Knights Inhumans by Paul Jenkins and Jae Lee. Good writing, great art, but dear fucking god these 90`s fonts are butchering the book.

Owzers

Star Wars Legacy dialogue i have to share:

random guy in a bar fight scenario: "Cheat me at sabacc, will ya?!! Idiot's Array sixteen times inna row? Nobody gets that lucky!

Cade: Chu ta! took you a while, Moh. You Uggli Brothers put the "idiot" in Idiot's Array."

O________________O I'm in over my head now in Star Wars Legacy, i've seen too much to recover.

random guy in a bar fight scenario: "Cheat me at sabacc, will ya?!! Idiot's Array sixteen times inna row? Nobody gets that lucky!

Cade: Chu ta! took you a while, Moh. You Uggli Brothers put the "idiot" in Idiot's Array."

O________________O I'm in over my head now in Star Wars Legacy, i've seen too much to recover.

You opened a door that you don't know how to close

Owzers

Do I even have to read those?

Civil War was kinda dumb in general, there is no expanding it that makes it better so I'd recommend just reading the main event, it's fairly straight forward. If you're reading it on MU and there is no additional cost, go for it all. Rhaknar i think did so and he's almost recovered. Brubaker's Captain America was good though, you should probably read that from the start just because of the quality.

Cade

Hey I never said that

Civil War was kinda dumb in general, there is no expanding it that makes it better so I'd recommend just reading the main event, it's fairly straight forward. If you're reading it on MU and there is no additional cost, go for it all. Rhaknar i think did so and he's almost recovered. Brubaker's Captain America was good though, you should probably read that from the start just because of the quality.

So no need for Road?

Owzers

So no need for Road?

I looked up what exactly was in Road, i remember reading Illuminati and the Amazing Spider-man issues, they were okay but i'd skip them unless you are set on expanding your Civil War reading, you could do a lot worse than that trade ( the x-men tie-in was the worst i read.) I don't think Civil War was an event that is worth spending extra to expand on it outside of Captain America, which was a good book to begin with.

There is still the free month offer of MU going around, if that's an option for you. Using code STARWARS at checkout for a monthly sub.

Hey I never said that

You will

keiichi

Went in for FCBD, ended up spending $80 or so.

Deadly Class, Supreme Blue Rose, Southern Cross, Southern Bastards, ODY-C and some random other items.

Good day

zennyzz

I really need to stop checking robbi's instagram cause all I'm seeing is future spider-gwen panels with zero context

Bii

Had to miss FCBD this year. :(

It happens. I missed last year's and just grabbed what I could when Midtown Comics put them up online.

My FCBD timeline:
7:00am - Arrived at LCS, 20 or so people ahead of me.
9:50am - Looked up and now there's 40+ people ahead of me. I guess some people were saving spots for family/friends, which was not cool because some of them showed up way later than everyone else behind me. At this point, the line was probably 200+.
10:00am - Doors are open.
10:10am - Grabbed my two free comics and then stood in line for Derek Fridolfs.
12:20pm - Got my free sketch from Derek. On my way out, the line was done and there were some extras left on the table. Asked the shop owner if I can grab another and he tells me to just grab what's left.

I started a new sketchbook centered around villains. I wasn't paying attention when Derek started drawing because drew on the page I was intentionally going to leave blank. I didn't want to interrupt him as he put pencil to paper. Oh well. Sketch was free though.

Justice League #40 was not free. I didn't want to leave the shop without spending any money.

Cade

I looked up what exactly was in Road, i remember reading Illuminati and the Amazing Spider-man issues, they were okay but i'd skip them unless you are set on expanding your Civil War reading, you could do a lot worse than that trade ( the x-men tie-in was the worst i read.) I don't think Civil War was an event that is worth spending extra to expand on it outside of Captain America, which was a good book to begin with.

There is still the free month offer of MU going around, if that's an option for you. Using code STARWARS at checkout for a monthly sub.

You will
-Cade
Chu ta! Member
(Today, 07:45 PM)

zennyzz

Man, I hope that the fact that secret wars is bringing back a bunch of events and tying them to a single writer/artist means they're significantly better than their original runs.

I really wanna see how the world of Civil War evolves under Soule or Inferno with Hopeless.

yo serpentine did you pick up Hip Hop Family Tree Three-in-one??
Nah, only picked up 2000 AD and Dark Circle. 2 book limit at my lcs and loooooong-ass line for free comics at the Comic Bug so I didn't bother with those. I'll see if my shop has any left over next time I'm in

Owzers

Well, you did it NBA, you're making me root for the Rockets for the series. Flop Harden, flop so hard the world ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom