• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
ASBaR >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>TDK for me. For real.

I just see it as a fun elseworld book with a Batman who is fucking insane.

I dont even deny that I fucking enjoyed ASBaR year back them when I read it.
Would fucking love to see a Deluxe Edition of it. I dont even want a conclusion anymore, that wont happen.

Given where Miller went with the dialogue it would be ASBaR: The Goddamn Deluxe Edition (Or How Frank Miller Stopping Giving A Fuck). Yes, with the "Fuck" actually there.

Here you go: http://www.amazon.com/dp/1401247636/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Only the best of the best deserve to be made in the absolute format. This was made for you.

I...I...dammit, DC.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
That reminds me. Has DC upped their game with newer omnibuses? Their stuff from even a few years ago seemed behind Marvel's in quality.
Comicbook Resources is my way to ask these kind of questions and they say the new Omnis are better but still even worse than newer Marvel Omnibs and OHCs.

I think there is a LOT of truth in Batmans character in ASB&R. I don't want the ending either anymore, I love the ending I came up with in my head. It's mine and gives value to the book and makes it one of my favorite Batman books.

Comicbook Resources is my way to ask these kind of questions and they say the new Omnis are better but still even worse than newer Marvel Omnibs and OHCs.

Glad to hear that they've improved some, but overall very unfortunate. With Marvel I feel I can purchase any fairly modern large hardcover without even needing to concern myself with worrying about physical quality.

Udon are the worst when it comes to their oversize omnibus quality. The glue binding they use falls apart within weeks. I have to be careful when I open up my copy Darkstalkers and Street Fighter Legends Deluxe editions. They also use stiff ass paper which makes it feel cheap.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I would never thought that it is Nintendo who would come up with a Console Humble Bundle as the first of the big three.

Glad to hear that they've improved some, but overall very unfortunate. With Marvel I feel I can purchase any fairly modern large hardcover without even needing to concern myself with worrying about physical quality.

I liked them more when they where bigger.

Any theories floating around in here on what the heck is going on in Ultimate End #1? Does not seem to jive with Secret Wars #1 at all...

I know I saw these planets go boom.

How can Spider-Man-616 and Cyclops-616 be here?

How can Iron Man-616 be here? Didn't he die in space? And even if he's here, why is everyone treating him like an okay guy again?

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Lol. Stop trolling, Zombine. Everyone knows Freeza is a girl.

...Guys. My job is so boring. I'm dying here.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Going from comixology hd comics back to Marvel U

y00IyGu.gif

MG310

Just got the Special Edition NYC VIP info.

Alex Maleev did the poster that I don't think they've shown yet and signings with Bendis and Snyder on Sunday but think I'm just going Saturday.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Any theories floating around in here on what the heck is going on in Ultimate End #1? Does not seem to jive with Secret Wars #1 at all...

How can Iron Man-616 be here? Didn't he die in space? And even if he's here, why is everyone treating him like an okay guy again?
#Bendis

Mudcrab

Bendis.
All of the people and domains in Battleworld are from universes that went boom 616 and 1610 were just the last.

The best theory we have is that all of the people you see in Battleworld are recreations from those dead universes placed in Battleworld either by Doom or some yet unexplained event. For them Battleworld is all that's ever been and all that ever will be.

The only exception are the life-raft survivors who retained their memories.

Bendis.
All of the domains in Battleworld are from universes that went boom 616 and 1610 were just the last.

The best theory we have is that all of the people you see in Battleworld are recreations from those dead universes placed in Battleworld either by Doom or some yet unexplained event. For them Battleworld is that's ever been and all that will ever be.

The only exception are the life-raft survivors who retained their memories.

Bendisssssss

Mudcrab

Bendisssssss

Yup. Anyway this is my best guess for what's happening in Ultimate End. Don't be surprised if it's totally wrong:

I think that's what the problem is. Maybe 1610 Stark messed with the portal and accidentally merged what were two separate domains.

Fury says something about "sending them back."

and Ult Hawkeye is worried about "Doom finding out about the mess they've made."

OH and maybe it ends up in a fight between 616 and 1610 because Doom decrees only one 'universe' can remain in what is now a singular domain as punishment.

Edit: and IF 616 actually does kill off 1610 in this scenario it still means Miles and The Maker make it over after Secret Wars because they were on the life rafts.

So is Nick Fury just hanging out on the moon watching all of this go down?

Didn't the moon
get utterly wrecked in the big space fight?

Yup. Anyway this is my best guess for what's happening in Ultimate End. Don't be surprised if it's totally wrong:

Interesting. Still doesn't make sense to me that
616 Spidey, Cyke and Tony are all here,
but I have faith in Bendis to thoroughly and satisfactorily explain that.
lol

MG310

Didn't the moon
get utterly wrecked in the big space fight?

I don't know I didn't get to read any Secret Wars yet..just can't remember if they've mentioned him after Original Sin.

Mudcrab

Interesting. Still doesn't make sense to me that
616 Spidey, Cyke and Tony are all here,
but I have faith in Bendis to thoroughly and satisfactorily explain that.
lol

Well it's still speculation, but
it's probably due to who/whatever resulted in Battleworld's creation not being aware that there are any survivors from the old multiverse.

Not to mention they are all in old uniforms Tony in particular isn't inverted and is wearing the bleeding edge armor, and Cyke isn't Phoenixed out.

I think it set up an interesting plot point if true. What happens when the Spiders, Cyke and the others come face to face with the real survivors from the life-rafts?

Well it's still speculation, but
it's probably due to who/whatever resulted in Battleworld's creation not being aware that there are any survivors from the old multiverse.

Not to mention they are all in old uniforms Tony in particular isn't inverted and is wearing the bleeding edge armor, and Cyke isn't Phoenixed out.

I think it set ups an interesting plot point if true. What happens when the Spiders and Cyke and the others come face to face with the real survivors from the life-ra
fts.

Good point about
the armor and no phoenix,
that hadn't occurred to me. I hope you're right.

I enjoyed it...I actually think it's one of the better Battleworld books. Just confused me.

My favorite Battleworld book though? Planet Hulk, holy shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom