• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going from comixology hd comics back to Marvel U

y00IyGu.gif

It's seriously grotesque

Interesting. Still doesn't make sense to me that
616 Spidey, Cyke and Tony are all here,
but I have faith in Bendis to thoroughly and satisfactorily explain that.
lol

Are people not reading the other tie ins?
There are numerous versions of many characs running around INCLUDING Dr. Strange which should put this whole Bendis-hating conversation to an Ultimate End. If another version of DOOM'S SHERIFF exists then there is nothing weird about the Tonys and Petes and whoevers.

I swear if there was a theory that said Batman is Clark Kent but it let you hate Bendis, people would be like "hm, you know it could be! #bendis!"

There are numerous versions of many characs running around INCLUDING Dr. Strange which should put this whole Bendis-hating conversation to an Ultimate End. If another version of DOOM'S SHERIFF exists then there is nothing weird about the Tonys and Petes and whoevers.

I swear if there was a theory that said Batman is Clark Kent but it let you hate Bendis, people would be like "hm, you know it could be! #bendis!"

I'm sorry :(

I am reading almost all of the tie-ins and it still confused me. Also....

I enjoyed it...I actually think it's one of the better Battleworld books. Just confused me.

So this particular episode of Bendis "hate" should be interpreted as good-natured.

I'm sorry :(

I am reading almost all of the tie-ins and it still confused me. Also....

So this particular episode of Bendis "hate" should be interpreted as good-natured.

Yeah I was speaking more in generalities even if your post inspired it.

Btw, the proof is in Battleworld #1 which everyone should have read anyway. :}

Mudcrab

Birdie pls. Ultimate End did a terrible job explaining what was going on in that book I can definitely sympathize with people being confused.

So, uh, is it bad that I noticed the OT Superman thread and one of the first things I thought in regards to the linked article was "But Kal-L is quite literally a different character from modern Superman"?

Damn, that's the worst kind of damage to me. Enough that it's clearly there but maybe not enough for me to want and put a ton of time/effort into trying to get a replacement.

True. And I only paid $12 or something like that. Will keep it and wait for eventual Library Edition.

and lawd that picture hurts me

who would do this shit to Bandette she never hurt nobody(that didn't deserve it)

Thankfully none of the pages are damaged. Will read tonight, Green Lantern will have to wait.

Damn, I hate FedEx. First they say my New 3DS is going to be here Saturday, then they say today, now it's Thursday. Why.

See, my issue with FedEx compared to my superior option (USPS) is that they're just way harder for me to get packages from. FedEx always seems to want you to be there in person to sign or drive to wherever the heck the nearest FedEx place is to pick it up. USPS will leave most things and if I need to sign I can just go to my local post office. Once, in a blur, I made the mistake of taking the free "upgrade" to FedEx Ground from IST. Almost immediately after confirming I was thinking "Why did I just do that?"

Zombine

Banned
Yeah, the weather is getting to a point where outside running should probably be done in the morning or evening.

It's like 90 here in NY and there's a fuck ton of moisture in the air. Still gonna press through and hit my 5 like usual. I do it for you guys. I do it for the comics.

See, my issue with FedEx compared to my superior option (USPS) is that they're just way harder for me to get packages from. FedEx always seems to want you to be there in person to sign or drive to wherever the heck the nearest FedEx place is to pick it up. USPS will leave most things and if I need to sign I can just go to my local post office. Once, in a blur, I made the mistake of taking the free "upgrade" to FedEx Ground from IST. Almost immediately after confirming I was thinking "Why did I just do that?"

Yeah. USPS and UPS are so much better. I don't have the signing problem, though, since all my packages have to be dropped off at my apartment's leasing office anyway.

DHL is the goat delivery service.

DHL trucks run on dead babies. True story.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
In Germany, they are the only one who work acceptable (well, they are the only one with working conditions you can almost consider as good...), the other services like TNT or Hermes are fucking disasters.

tim1138

Pedro is easily one of my all-time favs.

Expos.... :(

Gwynn was gonna hit .400

:(

Oh nice, I didn't realize we had our own little BaseballGAF here. If you haven't, you should read Jonah Keri's excellent book on the history of the Expos, Up Up and Away.

Who do y'all root for? I'm primarily a Reds fan (hometown team and all, but god they suck this year), but I'm also a huge Nats, Royals, and Rays fan as well. I've also adopted the Astros this year as the plucky little underdog who could.

And dammit, 94 was gonna be like the best season ever. Stupid strike.

ReAxion

vy1sSoK.jpg

I have a half-season ticket package.

I've also been following the Astros passively since 1994 after that huge trade that sent one of my dad's friends to Houston.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom