• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a kid now. I'm a squid now.

Page 8

in my attempt to stay relevant....

cyclops_says__mother_of_god_by_nebezial-d4np0cp.jpg

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Coincidentally, I'm wearing a Cardinals shirt today. Only reason I have it is because I got it when I played little league when I was like 12, but the shirt fits me perfectly now. And it's super comfy.

vy1sSoK.jpg

I have a half-season ticket package.

Woo, San Diego!
I don't follow baseball at all and don't really care about the Padres. Sorry.

ReAxion

Coincidentally, I'm wearing a Cardinals shirt today. Only reason I have it is because I got it when I played little league when I was like 12, but the shirt fits me perfectly now. And it's super comfy.

Woo, San Diego!
I don't follow baseball at all and don't really care about the Padres. Sorry.

It's okay. I've known since elementary school it's not a popular franchise.

I was briefly confused last weekend seeing a family of people wearing Blue Jays shirts at the ballpark. Then I remembered, "oh yeah, Little League day"

tim1138

vy1sSoK.jpg

I have a half-season ticket package.

I've also been following the Astros passively since 1994 after that huge trade that sent one of my dad's friends to Houston.

I remember that, it was something like 12 or 13 players, right?

My wife and I had weekend season tickets for the Reds for a few years but have them up before this season. We got tired of giving money to a team who was doing the bare minimum to "improve" the roster and stay competitive.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
It's okay. I've known since elementary school it's not a popular franchise.

I was briefly confused last weekend seeing a family of people wearing Blue Jays shirts at the ballpark. Then I remembered, "oh yeah, Little League day"

I went to college in San Diego, and went to a bunch of Padres games. Usually 1/2 of the crow was wearing the visiting team's stuff, 1/4 was in Padres and then a 1/4 was in Giants stuff. When it was a Giants game it never looked like there were any Padres fans. Beautiful stadium though.

Kipp

Haha. Yeah, wearing my Cardinals shirt causes the same kind of confusion usually. People give me a weird look and ask me if I'm a Cardinals fan and I tell them what I said in my last post. It really is a very comfortable and nicely fitting shirt. :p

I went to college in San Diego, and went to a bunch of Padres games. Usually 1/2 of the crow was wearing the visiting team's stuff, 1/4 was in Padres and then a 1/4 was in Giants stuff. When it was a Giants game it never looked like there were any Padres fans. Beautiful stadium though.

Wait, where'd you go to school!?

ReAxion

I remember that, it was something like 12 or 13 players, right?

My wife and I had weekend season tickets for the Reds for a few years but have them up before this season. We got tired of giving money to a team who was doing the bare minimum to "improve" the roster and stay competitive.

Yeah, 12.

I was going to quit after last season, ownership wanted to name a section of the ballpark after Bud Selig in exchange for hosting the All-Star Game. No fuckin' way. Ownership heard from fans that this was a terrible idea and reduced that commitment to just a plaque somewhere, then they let the GM go crazy with trades and signings which got everybody excited again.

ReAxion

Sometimes it sucks being a vacation destination. Those good years for the Giants really pumped up their bandwagon, too. I just say that their money's still green and try to avoid overhearing them.

Kipp

Nice! I was a Marshall. Great location, terrible dorms. You?

Ah, cool! I was at Muir, but stayed at the transfer student dorms (well, briefly at least, then I just lived at home for my second year), so really the only effect being a Muir student had on me was the Muir-specific graduation requirements.
Small world though!

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Ah, cool! I was at Muir, but stayed at the transfer student dorms (well, briefly at least, then I just lived at home for my second year), so really the only effect being a Muir student had on me was the Muir-specific graduation requirements.
Small world though!

Seriously! Muir was the cool one, but after moving out of the dorms and finishing GEs it didn't make much difference.

Oh nice, I didn't realize we had our own little BaseballGAF here. If you haven't, you should read Jonah Keri's excellent book on the history of the Expos, Up Up and Away.

Who do y'all root for? I'm primarily a Reds fan (hometown team and all, but god they suck this year), but I'm also a huge Nats, Royals, and Rays fan as well. I've also adopted the Astros this year as the plucky little underdog who could.

And dammit, 94 was gonna be like the best season ever. Stupid strike.

94 was pretty tragic all around.

As for myself, I'm a born and raised Red Sox fan, although the clubhouse mess (losing I can deal with but this was something else) that went from the end of the 2011 season through the 2012 season soured me to the team so much that I'm still not back where I had been for pretty much my entire life prior to that.

tim1138

Yeah, 12.

I was going to quit after last season, ownership wanted to name a section of the ballpark after Bud Selig in exchange for hosting the All-Star Game. No fuckin' way. Ownership heard from fans that this was a terrible idea and reduced that commitment to just a plaque somewhere, then they let the GM go crazy with trades and signings which got everybody excited again.

Dude, fuck Bud Selig, good on you guys as a fan base. Getting the ASG this year was probably the worst thing to happen to the team from a development standpoint. Ownership refused to sign off on a rebuild (not that I'd trust our joke of a front office to do an effective rebuild) so the team would look good going into the break. We all see how that turned out.

94 was pretty tragic all around.

As for myself, I'm a born and raised Red Sox fan, although the clubhouse mess (losing I can deal with but this was something else) that went from the end of the 2011 season through the 2012 season soured me to the team so much that I'm still not back where I had been for pretty much my entire life prior to that.

That's understandable, the end of 11 and all of 12 were pretty messed up for the Sox.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
guys how big will the shitstorm be if those "mutants off earth" rumor ends up being true?

epic or are we already so desensitized to the whole marvel vs xmen / FF thing that we wont care?

Boogiepop

Two issues into Elektra: Assassin so far. Pretty crazy stuff but it's been enjoyable. Found the use of turtle and rat imagery in issue one pretty interesting. Considering the release dates, I guess that was kind of nod to TMNT? Just a neat little thing.

Also, just realized I don't think I ever asked this: my current plan for Daredevil is to go Miller (which I already picked up and read mostly), then Bendis, then Brubaker, and then probably Waid when there's a nice complete way to collect it down the line.

But is there any other significant/great runs or bits for the character that I'm missing that way?

guys how big will the shitstorm be if those "mutants off earth" rumor ends up being true?

epic or are we already so desensitized to the whole marvel vs xmen / FF thing that we wont care?

I think my response would be "When was the last time any of you actually read F4/FF or an X-Book?" followed by "That's what I thought."

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I think my response would be "When was the last time any of you actually read F4/FF or an X-Book?" followed by "That's what I thought."

Fraction's FF and the current F4 with the red and black costumes.

And I read every single X title monthly.

Green Lantern Rebirth #4-#6, Recharge #1, Secret Files and Origins 2005: There's no way I am going to remember any of these sector numbers. Gardner's face when Batman gets punched was hilarious. Darwyn Cooke's issue was brilliant.

Green Lantern Rebirth #4-#6, Recharge #1, Secret Files and Origins 2005: There's no way I am going to remember any of these sector numbers. Gardner's face when Batman gets punched was hilarious. Darwyn Cooke's issue was brilliant.
Fucking loved that.

GL Rebirth is pretty good.

Though, making Batman the hugest prick in the world was...interesting, though I suppose it's not totally inaccurate to the portrayal of the character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom