• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

X-Men-Kotobukiya-Cyclops-ARTFX+-Statue-e1426183123768-640x901.jpg

I dunno is June 2015 last year
I guess I was looking at the wrong article. My mistake.

Odd that the XM Studios stuff got canned but this didn't.

Messi

Didn't see this posted and thought it was really cool. David Aja was meant to do the covers for the Suicide Squad at the start of the new 52 but other commitments meant he had to drop out. He posted these prelims on Twitter today. I think they would have been incredible. His covers are always amazing. Now I'll never see Aja Harley Quinn.

8UvaYmY.jpg

ElNarez

Banned
guys how big will the shitstorm be if those "mutants off earth" rumor ends up being true?

epic or are we already so desensitized to the whole marvel vs xmen / FF thing that we wont care?

considering the x-books sell in the neighbourhood of a fuckton, if they end up not doing right by them it will be heck on earth

Squire

Banned
Finished New X-Men up through #138 last night.

I'm not sure Morrison is as funny he thinks he is* (although to be fair, I imagine it's a very British sense of humor, so I connect with it less), but I really like his writing. He's not great at writing the kids as I feel he just dumbs down the dialogue, but all the interaction between the core team/teachers and I guess the smarter characters (so, the telepathic kids) is great. And he really knows how to pack an issue and make it feel meaningful. I'm sure this book read pretty great on a monthly basis. Each issue feels like a full episode instead of an inch forward.

*= Unless we're talking about Emma Frost. Everything Emma says is very funny. Morrison is my favorite for writing her so far, I think. And that moment in #138 when
the Cuckoos call her out for spending more time making those very wise cracks than actually nurturing her students
- that's a really poignant moment that feels like it was built toward quietly. I think the following scene with Emma and Angel shows she took it to heart, too.

This book is so great.

Anybody know what issue Cyclops, Emma, and Magik got their new outfits?

The scene is early on and in both All-New and Uncanny X-Men. They just show up at the JG school dressed like that, no explanation given.

When will cyclops get out of that silly x costume. It's so so bad. When Scott is being all magneto-lite I don't know how everyone around him don't just bust out laughing at him.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Man 1997's Deadpool still holds up. Maybe I'm just nostalgic since its the book that made me like the characters, but Weasel, Blind Al, the Hellhouse, T-Ray... this is the Deadpool I grew to love. McGuiness art is also the definitive Deadpool art imo.

Evwn if he gave Taskmaster the worst color scheme ever in #2

DP_Task4.jpg~320x480

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
X-Men cosmic vs the kree and Shi'ar and shit?

Going to be awesome

Believe!

I thought it was hilarious. I was like wtf.

Oh, it's fantastic and perfectly unexpected. And that pretty much matches my reaction.

Also my Sunstone TPBs finally came today! Starting on the first one I have to say it's a bit weird seeing all the various tweaks to, well, everything. Dialogue changes, art improvements, the new stuff, etc. Sunstone: Arranged Version

Rhaknar

Which technically started first, AXIS or Spider Verse?

I think it's AXIS, Spider Verse and then the time jump.

The Prelude to Spider Verse started first

Unless you count Magneto ongoing and uncanny avengers as Axis preludes

Owzers

Worst. Conference. Finals. Ever.

I blame you silly

Rockets/Hawks will be an great Finals!

This has been pretty bad, I blame the eastern conference and the Rockets deciding not to suck against the Clippers in game 6. Hawks basically took the Pacers' spot this year as a team with a good record that is still average but Eastern Pro.

Rhaknar

That's stretching it hella thionsidering the apocalypse twins arc and Magneto wasn't really a prelude to Axis

Hence why I said "unless"

I wouldn't do it but there's crazies out there

Owzers

has anyone given Wayward Pines a try? It's that new M Night " maybe it won't suck" tv show on fox. I'm going to watch the first episode at least...

Messi

Oh, it's fantastic and perfectly unexpected. And that pretty much matches my reaction.

Also my Sunstone TPBs finally came today! Starting on the first one I have to say it's a bit weird seeing all the various tweaks to, well, everything. Dialogue changes, art improvements, the new stuff, etc. Sunstone: Arranged Version

I think he did a fantastic job on the trades. The art upgrades alone make it worthwhile. Seeing it all panelled out was strange at first.

Are you saying this like

"I bought this for my boi, he thought it was Fleek as fuck. Then we played Street Fighter."

Or

"I have a child"

If not the first, then I have one thing to say:

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/173/576/Wat8.jpg[/im g][/QUOTE]
Why have "the talk" when they can read sex criminals?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom