• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombine

Banned
idX60gQ8MdiVz.gif

I can't really think of any situation where spawn of: Myself, Messi, Tyrant, GH, Freeza, Psychbat, or Kipp would ever be a good thing. It's up to the rest of you to move the positive genes forward.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Superior Foes of Spiderman #17

Great ending to an amazing series. Will forever be one of my instant go-to recomendations. I'm not even sad it's over, it had a good run and I don't think it would work much longer anyway. Everyone should read this.

pour-one-out.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The 616 spiderman kingpin confrontation in prison is better

Rhaknar

Can't believe I dismissed Spider-Man & the X-Men after two issues. I just read the whole run and it's the best thing ever.

Last issue of WATXM is up now so hopefully Spidey will be up soon

On MU that is

Great ending to an amazing series. Will forever be one of my instant go-to recomendations. I'm not even sad it's over, it had a good run and I don't think it would work much longer anyway. Everyone should read this.

pour-one-out.jpg
Go read Quantum and Woody. Superior Foes was basically Nick Spencering that series.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Hahaha. Not to toot my own horn or anything, but this made me laugh. I completely forgot I did this:

Probably the peak of my short-lived career as a Comics Superstar.

Zombine

Banned
Anyone else find it weird that San Andreas isn't a GTA movie? I like to pretend it is.

Hahaha. Not to toot my own horn or anything, but this made me laugh. I completely forgot I did this.

Speaking of Comic Strips, I'm definitely going to pick up that Calvin & Hobbes complete collection.

Kipp

Speaking of Comic Strips, I'm definitely going to pick up that Calvin & Hobbes complete collection.

If I didn't already have all the individual collections, I would be all over that. And even still I'm tempted to get the hardcover complete collection.

And also speaking of comic strips, any Pearls Before Swine fans here?
Calvin & Hobbes and Pearls Before Swine are pretty much the only two comic strips I still genuinely enjoy. The rest kind of lost most of their charm.

If I didn't already have all the individual collections, I would be all over that. And even still I'm tempted to get the hardcover complete collection.

And also speaking of comic strips, any Pearls Before Swine fans here?
Calvin & Hobbes and Pearls Before Swine are pretty much the only two comic strips I still genuinely enjoy. The rest kind of lost most of their charm.

Pearls Before Swine is legitimately great. Have you checked out Get Fuzzy? It's like Garfield's misanthropic cousin, but with good art and writing.

Okay, not much like Garfield other than it stars a bachelor, a cat, and a dog.

Kipp

Pearls Before Swine is legitimately great. Have you checked out Get Fuzzy? It's like Garfield's misanthropic cousin, but with good art and writing.

Okay, not much like Garfield other than it stars a bachelor, a cat, and a dog.

One of my favorite things about Pearls Before Swine is the commentary in the big collections. Also Pig.
...I'm going to go read Pearls Before Swine now. It's been way too long.

And I've read a few strips of Get Fuzzy here and there but it never really did anything for me. Dunno. Maybe I just haven't read it consistently enough to get a feel for the characters and humor and whatnot.

Oh, and speaking of amazing comic strips, Bizarro is consistently hilarious and amazing. I don't think there are any decent-sized Bizarro collections though which is really annoying. I've seen little gift-sized, 50-ish page collections of it before, but that's it. I need a massive book of Bizarro comics.

TI82

Banned
Woooo. Got my monthly paycheck today. $$$$$$$$$$$$
Time to not spend it on comics!

Oh geez. I completely forgot about Bone. I still haven't read it, but I really need to.

It's amazing, probably the first comic that I really got into as a kid.

BoneSketch.jpg

I think it's even in color now, maybe I should reread.

Kipp

Just read some Pearls Before Swine. Even funnier than I remembered. That's a great comic strip.

It's amazing, probably the first comic that I really got into as a kid.

I think it's even in color now, maybe I should reread.

That's an awesome illustration.
And cool. It's definitely something I want to read eventually. I just need to find the time.

Vibranium

Banned

17 issues was perfect, maybe could have hit 20 but was still great.

Now I want the real Thunderbolts back along with the MIA Songbird and more villain books (Doom pleeease).

Vibranium

Banned
Oh hey Kipp is a Pearls Before Swine fan, right on man! Stephen Pastis is frickin brilliant, I love all of his crossovers in his strip and how he portrays himself in the comic as a lazy bum who got dumped by his wife lol. Rat is pretty much me on bad days and doesn't give a damn.

I loved the Garfield Pearls strip where Stephen had to beg on his knees to Jim Davis not to sue him. There were some not so subtle shots at his corporate empire hehe.

Kipp

Oh hey Kipp is a Pearls Before Swine fan, right on man! Stephen Pastis is frickin brilliant, I love all of his crossovers in his strip and how he portrays himself in the comic as a lazy bum who got dumped by his wife lol. Rat is pretty much me on bad days and doesn't give a damn.

I loved the Garfield Pearls strip where Stephen had to beg on his knees to Jim Davis not to sue him. There were some not so subtle shots at his corporate empire hehe.

Haha yes! So great.

And I'm not sure if I remember that Garfield crossover. Was that semi-recent? I just looked up the currently released treasuries and it looks like there are two out that I don't have, so I'm even more behind on it than I thought. I really need to pick those up soon. I'll probably re-read all the stuff I do have (pretty much everything from the beginning through the Pearls Blows Up treasury) and then pick up those two.

Vibranium

Banned
Haha yes! So great.

And I'm not sure if I remember that Garfield crossover. Was that semi-recent? I just looked up the currently released treasuries and it looks like there are two out that I don't have, so I'm even more behind on it than I thought. I really need to pick those up soon. I'll probably re-read all the stuff I do have (pretty much everything from the beginning through the Pearls Blows Up treasury) and then pick up those two.

The Garfield thing was semi-recent I think, I read it in the paper about 6 months ago if I recall correctly.

I need to pick up more of the Pearls collections, I'll probably have to end up ordering off of Amazon.

Rhaknar

Loved everything about Patsy Walker: Hellcat #1. The art is wonderful

Mindwipe

Subscribed to MU again while I'm on holiday, and holy shit I'd forgotten how bad the offline library management is. I have 48 of 12 offline issues, only 12 of which are there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom