• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like with Earth 2 Sodiety, DC realizes they fucked up in giving the book to Tom Taylor and mKing the book grid mark. It looks to be full of hope and wonder again.

I never use them

Yep, nearly always use the default in single player games. If I had had the Dark Ranger costume in Shadow of Mordor I'd have used that.

Multiplayer games, I'll just use whatever I want. I really want Hotshot Johnny Cage for MKX but I can't be bothered finding someone to boost with. So I just use Tournament Johnny and Endurance Cassie most of the time.

Zombine

Banned
I vote Jason Alexander. I know he plays George but we need more Jason Alexander

giphy.gif

You know, I just want to get past all the Grimdark bullshit in Daredevil so we can head straight to the whimsy and tomfoolery in Waid's run.

You know, I just want to get past all the Grimdark bullshit in Daredevil so we can head straight to the whimsy and tomfoolery in Waid's run.

Can you actually see them switching to that kind of tone? I can't see it myself. At least with Waid's run he was essentially starting over and comics are allowed more leeway when it comes to that kind of thing. They've established a tone for the show, it would feel a bit weird going to the polar opposite.

Been listening to a few podcasts, is the Storm book that bad?

Super boring. Instead of trying to establish Storm as her own character with a clear direction, it feels like "The Side Adventures of Storm".

Who the fuck wants to read that?

Unlike per se, Magneto, this book really feels like it only had enough material to be a mini-series.

Zombine

Banned
Can you actually see them switching to that kind of tone? I can't see it myself. At least with Waid's run he was essentially starting over and comics are allowed more leeway when it comes to that kind of thing. They've established a tone for the show, it would feel a bit weird going to the polar opposite.

No I can't really see them diverting from Miller or Bendis. I understand it, but man is Waid's run a perfect example of mixing an adventurous and hopeful tone with themes that are adult but non-intrusive to the enjoyment of the book. The sense of mystery and wonder and adventure in the NY arc is unmatched.

No I can't really see them diverting from Miller or Bendis. I understand it, but man is Waid's run a perfect example of mixing an adventurous and hopeful tone with themes that are adult but non-intrusive to the enjoyment of the book. The sense of mystery and wonder and adventure in the NY arc is unmatched.

I'd love for them to do something based on his run but at least Daredevil has succeeded in another medium outside of comics now.

Boogiepop

Man, this is probably bimonthly or so by now, but goddamn Archie has delayed their trades yet again. Sonic Universe and Mega Man both had their next trades pushed back AGAIN, from May to July. Archie just can't seem to put out a trade these days without at least one, if not multiple, multi-month delays. Really, really lame/frustrating. The whole line of Sonic/Mega Man stuff has to have fallen behind at least a year now from where the trades were thanks to these darn delays. Bleh.

Edit: And the run for the post reboot Sonic trades also had volume 3 slip from June to July. Yaaaaaay. :(

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Aaaaah. Had my blood drawn an hour ago. I'm not afraid of needles or anything (at least not consciously), but this is the second time in a row I've had a blood test and gotten super faint and nauseous. It feels like all the blood has gotten sucked out of me and I stay faint and nauseous for hours afterwards.

Aaaaah. Had my blood drawn an hour ago. I'm not afraid of needles or anything (at least not consciously), but this is the second time in a row I've had a blood test and gotten super faint and nauseous. It feels like all the blood has gotten sucked out of me and I stay faint and nauseous for hours afterwards.

I have to have another one on Friday. I've been lucky enough not to have any problems with them so far. Sounds nasty.

Boogiepop

Last time I had it done my vision literally went black and I couldn't see for a few minutes and nearly passed out. Scared the crap out of me.

Kipp

I have to have another one on Friday. I've been lucky enough not to have any problems with them so far. Sounds nasty.

The weird thing is that in the past I've had no issues. And I have no problems at all when they stick the needle in either. The nausea slowly builds as they draw more blood and by the end I'm just drained.

Last time I had it done my vision literally went black and I couldn't see for a few minutes and nearly passed out. Scared the crap out of me.

Oh geez. That's nuts.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

I give blood twice a year and it fucks me up real good. I've never passed out, but I feel awfully close to it for the rest of the day.

Make sure you're staying super hydrated.

Kipp

I give blood twice a year and it fucks me up real good. I've never passed out, but I feel awfully close to it for the rest of the day.

Make sure you're staying super hydrated.

Will do. Thanks for the advice. It was only a tiny blood sample, so it really shouldn't be taking this much of a toll on my physically. Chances are it's all psychological, but it sure doesn't feel like it.

I really dug the Black Canary preview. Besides Annie Wu's lovely art, I really liked her color palette in what was shown. The muted colors look really great with her art and I love how it shifts during Dinah's scream. The overall story and writing seems really fun too. Can't wait for the first issue.

Hypertime
is real.

Depending on how they handle this (the new previews look fun) I may actually read comics again.

Hopefully the Marvel not-a-reboot restores everyone back to the characters love too. I miss heroes.

Think I'm in for Cyborg after reading the preview. Shazam being in it is purely unrelated :p.

I want to read those convergence spoilers but I'm going to wait.

If this is the case:

I know that the New 52 will be the "real" universe moving forward, but how about giving a monthly book for some of the other universes? Why not do a monthly book for the Pre-52 universe moving forward?

Quoting from the link:

In coming months, according to DiDio's statement, readers could see comics about everything from pre-Crisis Earth 2 Justice Society to pre-Flashpoint Question.

aye aye

anyone know if Deadpool, Planet Hulk or Master of Kung Fu from last week any good?

also, wadium why the av change the old one was so good. just re-watched Attack the Block and everything.

Deadpool was unfunny. Didn't love it. Didn't read Master of Kung Fu, but I might have to go check it out...didn't realize it was out.

Planet Hulk was AWESOME. My favorite SW book so far.

So far today I've read Inferno and 2099. Inferno was pretty bad and 2099 has potential but is off to a boring start.

If this is the case:

I know that the New 52 will be the "real" universe moving forward, but how about giving a monthly book for some of the other universes? Why not do a monthly book for the Pre-52 universe moving forward?

I'm pretty sure this is going to happen. We got a hint of this earlier when Dan Didio gave an interview where he said
that continuity wasn't going to be as big of a deal and I think this is what he means; If people want to go back and tell a Pre-Crisis Superman story, they can.

Hypertime
is real.

Depending on how they handle this (the new previews look fun) I may actually read comics again.

Hopefully the Marvel not-a-reboot restores everyone back to the characters love too. I miss heroes.

I think this was the best step.
There really is no need to limit yourself.

Hooray! Now I can just ignore the New 52!

It still appears to be the "main" universe in the vast majority of books.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom