• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MG310

tumblr_nnt7ehkZR31s2lswpo1_500.jpg

Not my favorite of her variant covers but Siya has done a few great ones lately - Spider-Woman and Squirrel Girl.

zennyzz

man, kate vs. madame masque ended on such a bitter note.

But on that same token, that's a hero-villain rivalry I would not hate to see become permanent.

Yes I can read the ending and roll backwards.

Is widow in it?

Widow is in A but not so much NA. And A is a big team so you might not see as much of her as you would like

You really can't roll backwards in this story though. I don't recommend it at all. It's pretty convoluted stuff.

I would. I was going to but I own partial of it already that nets it to be a $2.00 an issue. Not a good average. I'll stick to MU

No. That doesn't seem to be your kind of book

Yea I've got up through infinity. Can i get some prorate! Lol

Then i schemed to read up through MU and buy what isnt on thete but its almost the same price lol

Yea I've got up through infinity. Can i get some prorate! Lol
I'd so love that. I ended up just buying the 99 cent issues available which was 17 more issues.

Man MU is getting so ho hum. I already want SIXIS to go away. Yet I still feel the obligation to read it. But it's so so dumb. And I thought original sin was a mess.

Yo, if other books had fart jokes that were this damn good, I'd be way happier.
Hv7dUqk.jpg

Ok this one was/is good, I was more referring to the little poop here poop there in the book, often in the background. But hey I liked it, otherwise I wouldn't have multiple warheads in my comic library, have not read it yet.

Queen & Country (Greg Rucka) - I can definitely recommend this. 32 Issue series about a spy working for MI6.

Whiteout (Greg Rucka) - About a US Marshal working in Antarctica.

I think Scott Pilgrim originally was in B&W too.

Edit: And I think Judge Dredd Casefiles are in B&W also.

Thanks, have read your reply in the OT too, very appreciated. Queen and country sound like my cup of English tee ^_~ thank you...

About Scott Pilgrim, asked in the OT too, is it really about teen problems or what is it about?

I don't know how you feel about kind of dark and violent stories, but Stray Bullets is another black and white comic.

Don't feel afraid to post here!

Also thanks to you, just had a quick look on Google, have to get more information before I decide. Not afraid, but I don't know so much about marvel DC and all superheros. I watched a 3 part doc the other night about the whole us and comic development, was mentioned somewhere here too, so I try. And the thread is moving very fast...

B&W comics? The manga thread is over there ---->
:p

You should check out

Frank Miller's Sin City - you're probably familiar with this to an extent. Frank Miller is an amazing artist and before he went crazy, a great writer too.

Charles Burn's Black Hole - This is an indy comics classic. Its about kids getting mutations from each other. Basically, crazy STIs.

Kirkman, Moore and Adlard's Walking Dead - tons of people like it. Im not into it but it is in black and white...at least I remember it being in black and white

Jensen and Case's Green River Killer - The writer of this book is the son of the detective who worked this in real life case of a serial killer. Book goes over how rough the case was on his father over time

Sean Gordon Murphy's Punk Rock Jesus- Murphy draws the everloving shit out of this book about a kid recreated from Jesus's DNA in a reality TV show

Hester and Huddleston's The Coffin - A scientist develops a machine that can capture the soul of a being. He uses it to get back at the mofo thats kills him and took his daughter

Guy Davis's The Marquis - a guy goes around in 18th century Italy sending demons back to hell. Religious conflicts ensue

Gillen and McKelvie's Phonogram - vol 1is in black and white so it counts! Basically, music is magic and the story revolves around a 10 year old murder.

Moore and Campbell's From Hell - Never read it myself but it was written by Alan Moore in his prime and deals with Jack the Ripper

Moore and Lloyd's V for Vendetta - originally released in black and white so it counts haha An amazing anarchist comic. Must read
Paul Pope's 100% - everything Paul Pope does is rad. He's one of comic's greatest talents

That's really great from you. Thank you so much ^_^

Will need a little time to have it all looked up, but will do, and some already have my attention based on your description.

@ Messi. Also thanks for your reply. Have not overlooked it, I don't know you, and I'm new to the community but I have a feeling you are about the romantic stuff, right? Sunstone?!

Savage Sword of Conan.

Got a lot of the best b&w art in the industry, and a ton of good stories. Just don't expect it to be very PC.
-

Wait, there's a q/a in the ot?

Funny you wrote this. Was thinking about it, some time ago. When I saw a fantastic panel on GAF. Don't know what 'be very PC' means...

Also yes there is a great thread from Zombine in the OT...

Overall, very kind from all of you, to give me some recommendations and give me a chance to find new things, get deeper into the medium.

I'd so love that. I ended up just buying the 99 cent issues available which was 17 more issues.

Man MU is getting so ho hum. I already want SIXIS to go away. Yet I still feel the obligation to read it. But it's so so dumb. And I thought original sin was a mess.

I wish there was a tie-in I could recommend that makes AXIS a better read but there really isn't. Even Hobgoblin and Carnage were just okay, in the end. That was a bad one.

Ok this one was/is good, I was more referring to the little poop here poop there in the book, often in the background. But hey I liked it, otherwise I wouldn't have multiple warheads in my comic library, have not read it yet.

Thanks, have read your reply in the OT too, very appreciated. Queen and country sound like my cup of English tee ^_~ thank you...

About Scott Pilgrim, asked in the OT too, is it really about teen problems or what is it about?

Also thanks to you, just had a quick look on Google, have to get more information before I decide. Not afraid, but I don't know so much about marvel DC and all superheros. I watched a 3 part doc the other night about the whole us and comic development, was mentioned somewhere here too, so I try. And the thread is moving very fast...

That's really great from you. Thank you so much ^_^

Will need a little time to have it all looked up, but will do, and some already have my attention based on your description.

@ Messi. Also thanks for your reply. Have not overlooked it, I don't know you, and I'm new to the community but I have a feeling you are about the romantic stuff, right? Sunstone?!

Funny you wrote this. Was thinking about it, some time ago. When I saw a fantastic panel on GAF. Don't know what 'be very PC' means...

Also yes there is a great thread from Zombine in the OT...

Overall, very kind from all of you, to give me some recommendations and give me a chance to find new things, get deeper into the medium.
How has nobody recommended Terry Moores work. Stangers in Paradise, Echo, Rachel's rising. All B&W and one of the best artists and creators in the business. Nobody does facial expressions better.

How has nobody recommended Terry Moores work. Stangers in Paradise, Echo, Rachel's rising. All B&W and one of the best artists and creators in the business. Nobody does facial expressions better.

Great pick. Rachel Rising has some of the best art on the stands today.

Someone did recommend them a few pages back. I felt like a lazy asshole and nodded in agreement rather than post to emphasize how right they were.

I'm correcting that mistake: these are great books and Terry Moore is awesome.

Edit: well, that someone was Messi. Great recommendations.

Messi

I recommended them

I am all about the romantic comics and terry Moore.

Rachel Rising is about violence.

NexusCell

It's kinda sad that the greatest comeuppance Doom ever got wasn't from Reed or Sue or any of those super brains.

It was from Lang.

And now Lang is in Miami struggling to start his own security business.

Getting Cassie back must of drained all his competence.

Messi

I'm....with zombine on this one

Maybe not infinitely, but better? Yes.

I suppose part of it comes down to the type of comics you like. Both are classics imo. I like love stories and Zombeen loves horror. So naturally we would like different books . One doesn't have to be better.

Rachel Rising is infinitely better than SiP.
Whoa. Let's not write things we might regret later as they're indelibly tied to our post history. SiP is a monument.

And yeah, my preference for SiP and what makes it monumental is that it's a very well executed story about love. This is pretty rare in our medium.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Thor & Loki The Tenth Realm 1-5 was awesome. Between this and Loki Agent of Asgard I really need to read the previous Thor volume

Hey guys, did DCBS update this month yet? I can't tell. I was thinking about that Gotham Jim Gordon statue, but I'd like some time to t1hink on it... If they're going to change things up tomorrow or something, I need to decide quick.

Messi

Hey guys, did DCBS update this month yet? I can't tell. I was thinking about that Gotham Jim Gordon statue, but I'd like some time to t1hink on it... If they're going to change things up tomorrow or something, I need to decide quick.

Those are new statues. Thanks for the reminder.

Zombine

Banned
This is as close to factually incorrect as we have ever been guys. This is a defining moment and I love Rachel Rising but pls zoombeen. One has Katchoo the other is Rachel Rising.

I had brought you the gift of Quinones Liv

OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDD

Can I buy this?

Can I have it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom