• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doom, Reed, Tony, T'challa, Hank Pym, Beast, Bruce Banner and etc etc.

out of all the human super geniuses, who has the greatest feats in your opinion

Kneel before DOOM!

Probably Reed. Or T'Challa, but he's a very different sort of super genius, and also perpetually edging the "Gary Stu" line, so I'm inclined to discount him.

Kneel before DOOM!

Probably Reed. Or T'Challa, but he's a very different sort of super genius, and also perpetually edging the "Gary Stu" line, so I'm inclined to discount him.

T'challa seems to be a polymath..but it would be interesting to see if he is on Reed or Doom's level in terms of feats

Doom, Reed, Tony, T'challa, Hank Pym, Beast, Bruce Banner and etc etc.

out of all the human super geniuses, who has the greatest feats in your opinion

On one hand, Reed punked galactus.

On the other hand, Doom punked Beyonder (for a bit) and punks celestials on the reg.

Technical tie.
---

What's even the point of keeping U. Reed around if Victor's still alive?

On one hand, Reed punked galactus.

On the other hand, Doom punked Beyonder (for a bit) and punks celestials on the reg.

Technical tie.

actually i think I might of asked this question before, sorry if this is a repeat, i have a bad memory sometimes...

i think you mentioned that while T'challa is intelligent, he just doesn't have the raw feats that Reed and Doom have

Only on like Hawkeye #4 or #5 but it's soooooooooooo good. Charming as hell, and with a good sense of humour.

Based Fraction/Aja.

4 and 5 are actually illustrated by Pulido, not Aja. Still great though! The whole series had killer artists-- Aja, Pulido, Lieber, Francavilla, Wu, and Eliopoulos all did an awesome job.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Falcon Cap alright to read if I havent read previous Cap?

edit: wait are we questioning who the best genious is...like, come on

dRz0L87.png

Messi

dRz0L87.png

Yeah there are a few bits and pieces starting out that wont make much sense but the recap pages fill that in. Falcon Cap has been amazing. Dat Immonen.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

dRz0L87.png

captain falcon is pretty good (this coming from someone not a falcon fan) avoid the axis stuff with him though. i dont know why marvel started his run with axis

dRz0L87.png

yeah....

Reed and Doom seem to be the top 2 geniuses when it comes to Marvel

then the second tier would be Tony, Bruce, Pym, T'challa etc.

i feel like the consensus seems to be Reed slightly above Doom?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
yeah....

Reed and Doom seem to be the top 2 geniuses when it comes to Marvel

then the second tier would be Tony, Bruce, Pym, T'challa etc.

i feel like the consensus seems to be Reed slightly above Doom?

Considering Valeria is 8 and shes smarter than Reed, she would be the top genius in the MU

ff0210.jpg

also Valeria wins because she doesnt give 2 fucks about Venom

DR_FF_4_review.jpg

edit: and lets not forget all the villain geniuses, which there are many. Most probably smarter than the good guys, but also insane so :p

B9_m-r5IMAEYMWJ.jpg:large

Also, in Secret Wars #0, Valeria has a contingency plan where her father does not.

lol really?

Busaiku

Aww darn it, the Secret Wars sale only has stuff that's already on Unlimited.
Are there any detailed summaries of the last 7 issues, or is wiki my best bet?

Parallax

Considering Valeria is 8 and shes smarter than Reed, she would be the top genius in the MU

ff0210.jpg

also Valeria wins because she doesnt give 2 fucks about Venom

DR_FF_4_review.jpg

edit: and lets not forget all the villain geniuses, which there are many. Most probably smarter than the good guys, but also insane so :p

B9_m-r5IMAEYMWJ.jpg:large

lol really?

coming up with things reed doesnt think of doesnt make her smarter. reed often recognizes things he doesnt think of from all comers. he has an ego, but he isnt above recognition

Rhaknar

coming up with things reed doesnt think of doesnt make her smarter. reed often recognizes things he doesnt think of from all comers. he has an ego, but he isnt above recognition

except Reed has stated that she is already smarter than he is at 8

Not to put too fine a point on it, but doesn't the whole "council of Reed Richardses" sort of demonstrate that no, he doesn't really think that anybody else has anything worth contributing?

Parallax

except Reed has stated that she is already smarter than he is at 8

what issue was that stated in, im pretty sure i missed that

Not to put too fine a point on it, but doesn't the whole "council of Reed Richardses" sort of demonstrate that no, he doesn't really think that anybody else has anything worth contributing?

except that he didnt create the council. and seeing as how i doubt 1610 reed was apart of the council, its probably the weaker of the reeds coming together as an ego stroke.

except that he didnt create the council. and seeing as how i doubt 1610 reed was apart of the council, its probably the weaker of the reeds coming together as an ego stroke.

3 of them had Infinity Gauntlets, man. That doesn't say "weak" to me.

And the only reason he dropped out was because of the time commitment. Granted, that does at least say that he loves his family more than he loves himself, but still.

Rhaknar

no idea of the issue but im sure he said it. Hickman's run somewhere which is what I read of the F4 before the most recent volume (which im finding surprisingly enjoyable)

edit: she says it here, but im sure Reed has said it also

1624461-ff_573_17.jpg

also, because its always a good time to remind us that Doom is better than Reed

FantasticFourv354-20.jpg

hold dat L Richards

A roomfull of Reeds getting rekt by a coupla celestials, however, does.

And yes, the council showed quite well that Reeds will gravitate towards thinking that Reeds are the only ones that can Get Shit Done, despite all evidence to the contrary.

Parallax

And the only reason he dropped out was because of the time commitment. Granted, that does at least say that he loves his family more than he loves himself, but still.

weak as in weak minded, not physically. reeds had the ability to take over countless times already, but hes never felt a reason to pull the trigger. the moment any of the reeds had an ability to take over their universes, they jumped at the chance like it would never come again.

no idea of the issue but im sure he said it. Hickman's run somewhere which is what I read of the F4 before the most recent volume (which im finding surprisingly enjoyable)

edit: she says it here, but im sure Reed has said it also

1624461-ff_573_17.jpg

also, because its always a good time to remind us that Doom is better than Reed

FantasticFourv354-20.jpg

hold dat L Richards

i would take that as word, but that seems like an ego thing. reed admitting that would put me over.

doom may have won that battle, but reed is still winning the war. and with namor throwing a shitfit every time he sees him, and reed gives no fucks to the contrary, he keeps stacking Ws. he can take an L or two from time to time( or he fucking needs to. noones ever called him out for his place in ragnaroks creation.)

Reed lost the war the moment he looked into his scrotum for the balls to blow up a planet and found nothing.

Valeria never gave up. Neither did Victor.

Rhaknar

doom may have won that battle, but reed is still winning the war. and with namor throwing a shitfit every time he sees him, and reed gives no fucks to the contrary, he keeps stacking Ws. he can take an L or two from time to time( or he fucking needs to. noones ever called him out for his place in ragnaroks creation.)

what war is Reed winning? Valeria is living with Doom :p

The F4 are broke, evicted and in ruins, his wife has the hots for a fish mutant and he cant even fix Ben, because he's shit at what he does. Meanwhile Doom is the ruler of a country

Mind you my information is based on MU stuff only which is 6 months behind :p

this is my favorite page of comicgaf in a long time

Parallax

Reed lost the war the moment he looked into his scrotum for the balls to blow up a planet and found nothing.

Valeria never gave up. Neither did Victor.

and it was all for nothing. all the killings did nothing but stain his hands.

what war is Reed winning? Valeria is living with Doom :p

also his wife has the hots for a fish mutant and he cant even fix Ben, because he's shit at what he does

this is my favorite page of comicgaf in a long time

valeria is still his daughter, and she still calls him daddy. sue will never stray from reed, and that makes the fish mutant angry every time he sees him. but youve got a point on ben. he should be able to at least downsize from rock ape mode.

so then the tiers would be

1. Val
2. Doom/Reed
3. Tony, Hank, T'challa etc. etc.
Nah

3 is Tony/Pym/Banner/Tchalla.
(tbh, tchalla doesnt even have the feats to be at 3, but hey, potential)

This is counting mostly human, mostly good/neutral characters.

Cuz seriously

and it was all for nothing. all the killings did nothing but stain his hands.

Really? you got secret wars #1 and #2?

PsychBat!

Banned
All this Reed can't get shit done talk is boring.

There was a culling of Dooms and guessed which group did it?

All it takes is one really bad day for Reed. Then not even Doom will even factor in to this.

And Namor blowing up the planet back in the Great Society doesn't prove jack shit about his balls or whatever. It just proves that he was willing to make himself more of a monster than he ever was at that point. Ergo... he proves himself to be a little bitch every time thinking that consequences don't apply to him at all.

Well... Guess what? It does. Stop living in a fucking fantasy.

Rhaknar

dat Watcher ether to hank was fucking amazing, I just read that issue the other day

STOP FUCKING WITH SHIT YOU SHOULDNT MARVEL GENIUSES

I love Hank tho :(

edit: can we talk about Hank bringing the original X-Men to the present? is that like one of the most ill advised plans in the history of Marvel or what?

and for what, because Scott is an asshole now? Yeahs thats a good reason to fuck with the space time continuum Hank >_<

All this Reed can't get shit done talk is boring.

There was a culling of Dooms and guessed which group did it?

All it takes is one really bad day for Reed. Then not even Doom will even factor in to this.

And Namor blowing up the planet back in the Great Society doesn't prove jack shit about his balls or whatever. It just proves that he was willing to make himself more of a monster than he ever was at that point. Ergo... he proves himself to be a little bitch every time thinking that consequences don't apply to him at all.

Well... Guess what? It does. Stop living in a fucking fantasy.
The whole point of Namor's arc was A/NA was showing that, for all his pride, he and Strange were the only ones out of all the illuminati that were willing to do what was needed and face the consequences, culminating on his little blurb when Steve presses them, where he openly states that he will face judgment.

You missed the point with the culling of Dooms, btw. A group of Reeds was needed to cull each Doom individually, and they readily admitted that Victor, regardless of universe, was always the greater threat to them. Backfired, as usual, when they needed a Victor to save their collective asses.

zennyzz

It's kinda sad that the greatest comeuppance Doom ever got wasn't from Reed or Sue or any of those super brains.

It was from Lang.

Managed to snag Divergence even though I showed up at 4:00 on sat, last copy :)))). All three storylines look interesting (especially JL). Unfortunately they were out of convergence Shazam which is the main reason I went other than Batman #40. I wanted a floppy, but I guess I'm happy that it's selling well at least. Feel like a dick for not reading Divergence there but I was in a rush before I went to see avengers 2. I think someone was kind enough to read it then leave it for someone else. Also LCS was giving away 3 free back copies for older issues since they ran out of free comics so I thought that was pretty nice of them but I didn't take them up on that.

Hoping the series that spins out of convergence is JSA though I don't think that or Shazam seems likely given that they already have a main stream counterpart and it seems counter intuitive to push two versions of a character in ongoings.

blackflag

So I just got a free month of Marvel Unlimited and is it just me or is the website extremely slow?

Yeah it's terribly slow. Wish they'd release an app for windows so I don't have to use the terrible browser version on my ASUS Transformer.

It's so bad i've been using my 6 plus.

Do I do it? Do I buy all of Avengers/New Avengers on Comixology?
If you:
1. like/don't mind digital comics.
2. Haven't read this yet.
3. Liked other Hickman books.
4. Don't want to wait 6 months for everything to be available on MU, or simply hate MU.

Then go for it, it's a great deal.

I read that Kanaan. I liked it and went ahead and watched a Rebels even though i didnt catch up on Clone Wars yet. I like it. Sabine is pretty cool.

Do I do it? Do I buy all of Avengers/New Avengers on Comixology?

Im tempted since I want to catch up from where i left off...seventy dollars though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom