• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombine

Banned
Well, time to start reading all these Avengers books I got. I plan on finishing it all by the weekend.

Yes GH, I know I was talking mad shit on Hickman. I bought these books simply because I can.

All new cap #1 - wow surprisingly really good. He's the night wing cap in combining all these more acrobatic moves to the cap skill set. In my years reading comics, falcon was never a bad character but was just the nice bland guy next to cap. He's got a stronger voice with this one.

I hope the same happens with N52 cyborg. The blandest character ever. Maybe they're going for introverted machine guy with him, but he's just...there.

kswiston

Hickman is a poor man's Grant Morrison, but he's a Grant Morrison people can understand. So, minus the LSD, I guess.

Hickman's stuff isn't anything like Grant Morrison's.

If you are going to compare him to a previously established writer, I would say that he is a less cynical Warren Ellis.

Hickman's stuff isn't anything like Grant Morrison's.

If you are going to compare him to a previously established writer, I would say that he is a less cynical Warren Ellis.
Oh yea. He's way more Ellis than anyone. Hickmans FF start is the spiritual successor of Ellis's planetary.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Finished Original Sin. As with most events these days, it ended not with a bang but with a whimper. Still, I liked it overall, the random team ups, Orb being a obscure ass, crazy creepy villain (especially the very last shot with the eyeball on his chest yeesh), the tie ins were completely non-intrusive and the specials were actually decent and told full stories on their own (as opposed to the useless VS books in AvX for example). Anyway, onward to Axis lol

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
New Avengers #23

Strange: "Thank Wong that will be all"
Wong: "Of course"
Strange: "And Wong..."
Wong: "Yes, Doctor?"
Strange: "I have something that I...that..."
Wong: "Yes?"
Strange: "Am I a good man?"
Wong: "..."
Wong: "...no"

oooooh.gif

PsychBat!

Banned
New Avengers #23

Strange: "Thank Wong that will be all"
Wong: "Of course"
Strange: "And Wong..."
Wong: "Yes, Doctor?"
Strange: "I have something that I...that..."
Wong: "Yes?"
Strange: "Am I a good man?"
Wong: "..."
Wong: "...no"

oooooh.gif
Probably one of my favorite issues before TRO. Just heartbreaking all around.

Rhaknar

Probably one of my favorite issues before TRO. Just heartbreaking all around.

Oh fuck at the end. I completely forgot this is where it was going, I remember you guys talking about it back around when I got my sub last year

With Namor going to Thanos to destroy worlds

Owzers

DCBS half-off debate:

They're Not Like Us vol 1
Bitch Planet vol 1
Annihilators hardcover
Chrononauts vol 1
Effigy vol 1

Any opinions for these? I know people liked Bitch Planet, Annihilators got some support before it was resolicited, then early likes towards TNLU and Chrononauts, but how are things shaping up for the trade? Out of all of those i've read the first issue of Bitch Planet and wasn't sold on it and I'm going to read TNLU #1 tonight.

Zombine

Banned
Yeah that article was bullshit...holy shit some writers are smug as fuck and think they're so god damn hilarious it hurts.

Messi

Well this is sad.

Death Vigil

due to unforseen technological and health problems death vigil 7 has been late... as you may have noticed. issue will be finished tomorrow but that will mean about 30 more days till it hits the stores... i can't have that.
so tomorrow... i will put the future of my comic in your hands. i will post it online.

sales have been steadily dropping so ... i guess it can't get much worse. and i don't want my readers and fans who supported the book to have to wait any more. book will be printed and published. and if you want to buy and support it still, i will appreciate it of course. but i refuse to let everyone wait for 30 more days.

Shame that Death Vigils sales are dying. I guess we won't actually get to see any more after this arc like Sejic had hoped.

Tech problems were that his cintiq and his scanner broke so he had no way to finish his work.

Rhaknar

MU always dying around this time is killing my graveyard shifts >_>

MU always dying around this time is killing my graveyard shifts >_>
You're consuming all marvels bandwidth. They're wanting you to stop reading comics and go to the movies.

Edit: and Messi. What's with your team losing to a tired and short handed clippers team at home? For shame

Rhaknar

I learned to always have 12 issues downloaded for off-line read in case of no internet/traveling.

12 issues might aswell be zero issues for me :3

I always forget to download some :(

Owzers

You're consuming all marvels bandwidth. They're wanting you to stop reading comics and go to the movies.

Edit: and Messi. What's with your team losing to a tired and short handed clippers team at home? For shame

Rockets got this.

edit: my post just made Josh Smith make a three.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm thinking of doing a give away for my four digital issues of the new Squirrel Girl I got. I prefer physical copies of stuff. Is an unofficial giveaway legit?

Messi

Sejic seems to imply on Facebook that Sunstone is starting to tank also due to lack of advertising. It's all falling apart isn't it :(. I assume Sunstone Vol 2 must have done nowhere near as well as Vol 1.

You guys got me listening to Dashboard Confessional again. So clear like the diamond in your ring, cut to mirror your intention.

I swear I'm right. I swear I knew it all along. And I am flawed. But I am cleaning up so well. I am seeing in me now the things you swore you saw yourself.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
this medium is kind of awesome guise, if a bit expensive, but awesome nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom