• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
1999897-everett_ross_pants_from_mephisto_1998_black_panther_series.jpg

what...what is this amazingness?

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I was planning on reading Annihilation (and what follows) next on MU, but Hickman's Avengers is pretty tempting after I've just finished FF. I'll read Ms Marvel first, and then decide.

arkon

Hey guys, how was Dial H? I'm looking at that DLX hardcover on IST.

It was superb. Wish it had gone on longer because I know Mieville had a couple of years worth of stories he wanted to tell. Dial H #13 might just be my favourite single issue of the past few years. Or at the very least is certainly up there.

Would have loved to have seen it under Vertigo where it might have survived longer with the lower sales threshold.

Afrodium

Banned
Currently at the Time Travel Arc with Teenage-Reed.

What an insane book. So hyped to go through the rest tomorrow.

That's one of my favorite parts of the run due to the sheer absurdity of it. Reed's long-lost dad appears in a flash of light and tells his son that his soul is reverberating through the timestream in a way that defies the time-laws as set by Immortus. As a result, Immortus has instituted a genocide of Nathaniel Richards, and he needs his son's help. Reed, who at this point is just a really smart college student, is just like "okay dad, I can help."

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
That's one of my favorite parts of the run due to the sheer absurdity of it. Reed's long-lost dad appears in a flash of light and tells his son that his soul is reverberating through the timestream in a way that defies the time-laws as set by Immortus. As a result, Immortus has instituted a genocide of Nathaniel Richards, and he needs his son's help. Reed, who at this point is just a really smart college student, is just like "okay dad, I can help."

where do you think Valeria gets her non-chalantness from :p

GAMEPROFF

Banned
My favourite part until now was the Counsil of Reed. I love those Multiverse Meetups of single characters.

But it seems like there is a lot of great stuff coming up. Flipped unintentionally through the pages and saw the obligatory Galactus story, Namor dealing with New Atlantis and stuff.

A really great stuff. Curious what will happen with Nu-World and the Space Inhumans - Even when I can think in what this could end...

Rhaknar

New Avengers #24 and 25 - fuuuuuuuuuck. Cabal going ham on worlds. Namor groveling to Doom, and Doom being Doom and saying "lolno". Im now caught up with NA on Mu.

that being said, because I was so into NA these last few issues, I read them all in a row instead of alternating with Avengers as I had been doing, and I feel like I missed something. The 8 month jump was weird, and I checked back a few pages back when someone asked about the reading order, and aparently I should have raid Avengers 34 before these 2 issues (which is actually the next Avengers issue I had queued, which is after Original Sin). Oh well, Ill go read Avengers to catch up tonight

Then its Axis, and im about caught up with almost everything modern (again, on MU). not bad, I cant start reading some old stuff again. I do still have Wolverine to read and catch up before I read all the Death of Wolverine stuff, and Amazing Spiderman to catch up before I read all the Edge of Spiderverse stuff.

New Avengers #24 and 25 - fuuuuuuuuuck. Cabal going ham on worlds. Namor groveling to Doom, and Doom being Doom and saying "lolno". Im now caught up with NA on Mu.

that being said, because I was so into NA these last few issues, I read them all in a row instead of alternating with Avengers as I had been doing, and I feel like I missed something. The 8 month jump was weird, and I checked back a few pages back when someone asked about the reading order, and aparently I should have raid Avengers 34 before these 2 issues (which is actually the next Avengers issue I had queued, which is after Original Sin). Oh well, Ill go read Avengers to catch up tonight

Then its Axis, and im about caught up with almost everything modern (again, on MU). not bad, I cant start reading some old stuff again. I do still have Wolverine to read and catch up before I read all the Death of Wolverine stuff, and Amazing Spiderman to catch up before I read all the Edge of Spiderverse stuff.

Tell me about Death of Wolverine, because I know literally nothing except that he dies and that his healing factor got removed somehow at some point

Rhaknar

Tell me about Death of Wolverine, because I know literally nothing except that he dies and that his healing factor got removed somehow at some point

you know exactly as much as me then :)

theres a million different "Death of" books tho, and Ive been putting them all on hold because I havent read the current Wolverine volume (well, current before he died lol)

you know exactly as much as me then :)

theres a million different "Death of" books tho, and Ive been putting them all on hold because I havent read the current Wolverine volume (well, current before he died lol)

See, I misread your post. I thought you'd read it already.

SOMEONE TELL ME ABOUT DEATH OF WOLVERINE

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
It was superb. Wish it had gone on longer because I know Mieville had a couple of years worth of stories he wanted to tell. Dial H #13 might just be my favourite single issue of the past few years. Or at the very least is certainly up there.

Would have loved to have seen it under Vertigo where it might have survived longer with the lower sales threshold.
Everything arkon is saying is completely true. Issue 13 of Dial H is fucking masterful and if y'all love comics any amount, read it. I mean, read the whole series as well, 'cause it's short, smart, fun as fuck, and deserves love.

Fuck, this fish-man issue.

I never gave a shit about the Fantastic Four, but this is soooo good.

If Hickmana Avenger is just half that good... Oh my god.
It's about half as good. The one thing that Hickman had in FF that he is usually absent on other good runs is he didn't ignore the family and the heart. Usually Hickman can get cold with his stories and FF is ripe for that but he really added a ton of warmth between the characters along with the exploring the unknown.

He realized what sets FF apart from the avg team: exploration and family.

Everything arkon is saying is completely true. Issue 13 of Dial H is fucking masterful and if y'all love comics any amount, read it. I mean, read the whole series as well, 'cause it's short, smart, fun as fuck, and deserves love.

Okay, okay, fine. Almost 400 pages for $16 isn't bad.

Attention comic book lovers! Do you like Waid? Do you like Barry Kitson? Do you like Dr Doom? Have you ever wondered what'd happen if took over the world and won? Years before Waid did stories like Irredeemable he wrote the mini series Empire. And it looks like they're doing a reprint that comes out this week. It's a pretty under rated and fun read.

Golgoth rules the world - or does he? The armored despot thinks he controls most of the populated Earth, ruling through military might and fear. But he can't even trust his own super-powered staff as some plot to free themselves from his grip. It's a tumultuous time as the balance of power begins to shift.

http://www.amazon.com/Empire-Mark-Waid/dp/1631403052/ref=tmm_pap_title_0
http://www.instocktrades.com/TP/IDW/EMPIRE-TP/FEB150347

Attention comic book lovers! Do you like Waid? Do you like Barry Kitson? Do you like Dr Doom? Have you ever wondered what'd happen if took over the world and won? Years before Waid did stories like Irredeemable he wrote the mini series Empire. And it looks like they're doing a reprint that comes out this week. It's a pretty under rated and fun read.

Wasn't that already covered in What if? Secret Wars? Iirc, utopia ensued.

Thanks for the tip, tho. Will take a gander.

Cool I want it. I had the first three and something happened and i missed the rest. I don't know if it was delayed or something.

Rhaknar

Avengers #34

Cap gives out amazing speech about saving lives and what not...

Kang's reply: "noone cares"

Dat realism ether, poor Cap lol :(

styl3s

Went to Hastings tonight as a trial run to get the lay of the land and oh boy is it a complete fucking mess i spent like an hour just sifting through stuff i picked up Howard the Duck #2 because the selfie cover made me laugh and somewhat enjoyed #1. They had some cool short boxes with like Joker art and some other cool stuff.

I hope the Legendary Star Lord series is good because i ended up buying issues 1,4,5,6,7 and 8. They were on sale and i am already collecting the current Rocket series and Groot series is coming so i said fuck it. The #6 variant they had was pretty awesome as well and it was on sale for $6.99 normally $14.99 for some insane fucking reason.

Rhaknar

This 8 month jump is so weird. It was already jarring in New Avengers but it's even worse in Avengers. It feels like I'm missing an arc or something

Sam has a kid with Smasher and is living in Shi'ar planet.

Sunspot bought AIM. Nightmask is de-aging
... wtf is going on.

Hickman gonna Hickman I guess.

I picked this up as soon as I read your post, looking forward to it. :D

Also picked up some Valiant HC's.

Just to let people know IST is sold out of Harbinger OHC and the X-O Manowar OHC. They could be OOP soon.

What's the book?

51dRzL%2BAZrL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Set in a near-future LA, a man falls in love with a beautiful android--but when she is kidnapped and sold piecemeal on the black market, he must track down her parts to put her back together.

Bad luck for Eliot Lazar, he fell in love with an android, a beautiful C-900 named Iris Matsuo. That's the kind of thing that can get you killed in late 21th century Los Angeles or anywhere else for that matter - anywhere except the man-made island of Avernus, far out in the Pacific, which is where Eliot and Iris are headed once they get their hands on a boat. But then one night Eliot knocks on Iris's door only to find she was kidnapped, chopped up, sold for parts.

Unable to move on and unwilling to settle for a woman with a heartbeat, Eliot vows to find the parts to put Iris back together again--and to find the sonofabitch who did this to her and get his revenge.

With a determined LAPD detective on his trail and time running out in a city where machines and men battle for control, Eliot Lazar embarks on a bloody journey that will take him to the edge of a moral precipice from which he can never return, from which mankind can never return.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom