• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What matters is memory if when all this ends all the people forget the past universe and only remember a new configuration of history then yes reboot. However, if at the end there is some weird drastically different physical world (unlike any Earth the marvel universe has ever known) but everyone remembers everything, not a reboot.

Mindwipe

But also, really, it's not. You knew it from the moment it started.

Everything Dies
Everyone on Earth dies in the original Secret Wars too, until they don't. I still don't think we're looking at a reboot. I think it's conspicuous that the two characters from the Ultimate universe we know are around post SW explicitly travel to 616 before it dies, which suggests that Earth comes back. I was hoping Franklin would be important though, so that's a shame.

I could easily see a situation where either the Cyclops/Pheonix or Doom brings everyone on 616 back to life (which does leave a question about Sue...), and restores evil Reed and Miles in that same move.

Could I enjoy Secret Wars of I know nothing of the build up?

Most likely the build up can be described as fabric of realities got weakened and universes started to collide now everything you know is gone (physically) and all the multiverse has been merged into one world and shit is going down.

Edit: Or maybe not. LOL

God damn, you guys. Secret Wars #1 was fantastic.

They actually went and did it, they blew it up!

On a side note, now I am infinitely more bummed than Convergence is terrible.

Cade

So this will only matter to like a handful of people but I wanted to test it out, and if you read Marvel Unlimited in a browser, go for Firefox, not Chrome:
marvelunlimitedgiupi.png
Chrome's scaling is super blurry and Firefox's is sharp. I was reading in Chrome before testing it out today, but never again.

Zombine

Banned
I just wanted to say that New Avengers & Avengers is badass, and I love Opeña's Art.

I love that yellow banana bull looking guy.

Hagi

I haven't caught up with Hickmans Avengers yet but I'm going all in on Secret Wars anyway. Also Kanan #2 today yay.

Ohnonono

Though I am trying to read it in trades so there is no way I will be up on all of the Secret Wars stuff anytime soon, NA/A lead up is pretty crazy and fun so far. Almost makes me want to just say screw it and get paperbacks of Secret Wars and just read the rest of the trades spoiled.

Though I am trying to read it in trades so there is no way I will be up on all of the Secret Wars stuff anytime soon, NA/A lead up is pretty crazy and fun so far. Almost makes me want to just say screw it and get paperbacks of Secret Wars and just read the rest of the trades spoiled.

I think reading NA/A in trades is a really smart thing to do. Because it's been going so long it can get a bit confusing trying to remember what happens, when, in which book and why. I intend to read the whole thing again when SW is all done though, expect it to be an even more enjoyable time.

Messi

Guy in my store today was complaining about how boring and run of the mill comics are these days. That they were better "back in the day". He bought one comic. Amazing Spider-Man.

:|

Dunbar

I don't think reading Secret Wars would actually spoil Avengers/New Avengers except for the most big and obvious plot points. Most of the fun in those series was the issue-by-issue revelations and reveals, and as far as I can tell, the only thing you really need to know going into SW is the incursion/worlds colliding stuff. So even if you're starting with SW #0 or 1, it's worth going back to read A/NA, even if you have to wait for them to be released in trade or on MU.

DC Previews I have read so far.

Detective Comics - get to see Apple Seed Bats in action here first and Renee Montoya. But....... Pretty art, weak story. I'm jumping off of this book.

Green Arrow was awesome and it is going back on my list so fast. That was good stuff.

Guys. Guys. Secret Wars. Guys.

That was AWESOME! So glad I spent the weekend on the Hickman Avengers run.

AND MY PC IS COMING TODAY! GET HYPE SON!

Also, I may not be a big Olivia fan, but I am a huge Tron fan and those figures will be mine. I don't even own any Disney Infinity games.

Secret Wars #1 was SO GOOD.

I don't think you *have* to read NA/A to enjoy it but you certainly need to read them to get the most out of it. Honestly though I think anyone could read the first few issues of New Avengers and have a pretty good grasp on just about everything.

I think #2 will be even easier, too. SW #1 is the payoff issue for everything NA/A has been leading up to, I doubt #2 will be the same way.

Hagi

Holy shit Secret Wars was amazing. This is why I buy comics.

Now I need to go back through the rest of New/Avengers I've missed. Exciting times to be a Marvel fan.

Messi

Man, Squirrel Girl is going places I didn't expect her to go. Fuck, this is too funny.

Yes

I'm going to buy this.

Yess

Guys. Guys. Secret Wars. Guys.

That was AWESOME! So glad I spent the weekend on the Hickman Avengers run.

AND MY PC IS COMING TODAY! GET HYPE SON!

Also, I may not be a big Olivia fan, but I am a huge Tron fan and those figures will be mine. I don't even own any Disney Infinity games.

YESSSSSS

Secret Wars is a comic book that costs $4.99 though

do you know how many 99 cent comics I could buy instead?

(the answer is 5 and still have 4 cents)

Hagi

I don't think not finishing New Avengers or Avengers impeded my enjoyment of Secret Wars at all. If anything I have more questions than I probably would have otherwise and will make going back through Hickmans run more fun.

Secret Wars Spoilers hooo
Oh no Rocket :/ Namor isn't dead? What the fuck is Ultimate Reed doing? What the fuck is normal Reed doing? What the fuck at Scott going Phoenix again?!

There's so much going on in this book it's easily the most excited I've been about an event like ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom