• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Secret Wars is a comic book that costs $4.99 though

do you know how many 99 cent comics I could buy instead?

(the answer is 5 and still have 4 cents)

It's 40 pages

40 of the highest grade super hero comic like ever

There is seriously so much going on in every panel my senses are overloaded

I haven't read any of the Hickman Avengers run, though I did read SW #0, and I still enjoyed the hell out of SW #1. So many awesome things about it. Great art. That last page had me like "wut"

Hagi

I enjoyed my 20 minutes with Secret Wars more than my two and a half hours with Age of Ultron. Just sayin

Yeah can't say I disagree.

Kanan #2 was good. I really like Rebels so more background on the only character who they have really developed is cool with me.

Soooo much this. If Marvel had also released 20 tie ins today there's no way I wouldn't have bought them all.

I'm scared that I would actually buy all the ties ins if they dropped them today.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
There's a LOT of hype about this Secret Wars stuff. It's only $3 at my LCS today, so I'll probably pick it up. What do I need to read prior to "understanding" it all? Like, I see everyone saying Avengers or New Avengers, but searching that yields me oodles of Avengers comics. Any help?

Spoilers for Secret Wars

So do you guys think all of the 616 characters that died here are actually dead or just comics dead? Rocket? Black Widow? The entire FF except Reed? I kinda think at least some of them are really dead, to be replaced with alternate versions of themselves. Doesn't leave a lot of survivors from the 616 if they're ALL dead, but I suspect at least some of the on-panel deaths have gotta be legit.

Messi

There's a LOT of hype about this Secret Wars stuff. It's only $3 at my LCS today, so I'll probably pick it up. What do I need to read prior to "understanding" it all? Like, I see everyone saying Avengers or New Avengers, but searching that yields me oodles of Avengers comics. Any help?

Hickmans Avengers and New Avengers

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Kind of wishing I had read Hickman's Avengers run right about now...

Hagi

Spoilers for Secret Wars

So do you guys think all of the 616 characters that died here are actually dead or just comics dead? Rocket? Black Widow? The entire FF except Reed? I kinda think at least some of them are really dead, to be replaced with alternate versions of themselves. Doesn't leave a lot of survivors from the 616 if they're ALL dead, but I suspect at least some of the on-panel deaths have gotta be legit.

Hmm

I'm not sure how they are going to play it really. Groot is getting his own book so maybe that will deal with what happens going forward regarding Rocket. I can see them bringing back "new" versions of the characters though by the end. I'm not a hundred per cent that those in the tail section of the ship are even dead. Granted I don't have much prior knowledge of goings on but couldn't it be possible that Doom saved them them? I don't have any idea what the deal with him is though so I could be way off mark lol

Kind of wishing I had read Hickman's Avengers run right about now...

Issue one just gave me more incentive to go back and piece together everything.

tim1138

Starfire art from Lupacchino's Starfire. Apparently the 8pg preview is great. So hyped.

Lupacchino slaying everything.

It was the exact same premise as HQ (character moving across country for a new start), I can't imagine you not liking it.

Hmm

I'm not sure how they are going to play it really. Groot is getting his own book so maybe that will deal with what happens going forward regarding Rocket. I can see them bringing back "new" versions of the characters though by the end. I'm not a hundred per cent that those in the tail section of the ship are even dead. Granted I don't have much prior knowledge of goings on but couldn't it be possible that Doom saved them them? I don't have any idea what the deal with him is though so I could be way off mark lol

Issue one just gave me more incentive to go back and piece together everything.

Sw

p sure the groot series is pre sw

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
It's on sale at Comixology at the mo. I'm planning on buying the issues on Comixology that aren't on Unlimited so I'll be ready when I get there.

Can't support that digital, man. I like to feel my comics as I read them.

Hmm

(Secret Wars)
I don't think you're off the mark at all. They can't kill Franklin and Valeria, can they??? I'm convinced that everybody who didn't make it to the liferaft is actually dead, but I am holding on to hope that the section that split off made it somehow. They just have to....that was so heartbreaking. :(

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Guys, guys. Are you in when I later retell every Issue of Hickmann FF here? :D

When nothing bad should happen, I will bingread through the second half later this evening :D

Hagi

ComicGAF likes an Event, something is wrong.

These things take time.

(Secret Wars)
I don't think you're off the mark at all. They can't kill Franklin and Valeria, can they??? I'm convinced that everybody who didn't make it to the liferaft is actually dead, but I am holding on to hope that the section that split off made it somehow. They just have to....that was so heartbreaking. :(

Secret Wars

Yeah hold out hope. It was pretty sad I'm not a huge fan of Reed but I do love the family overall.

What I think was cool that might have been obvious to others but it just became apparent to me lol Is that I think that the last lines on the final three pages is actually Doom speaking and not Reed.

i swear to christ, if y'all are working me into a shoot and making me buy this fucking jonathan hickman marvel event comic and it's shit...

Depends on whether I'm feeling frisky or not.

But seriously, I like the act of holding, flipping through, and collecting physical comics.

I prefer them as well to be honest. I'm a bit old-fashioned when it comes to things really. Give me a physical book, game, film or comic over digital.

Afrodium

Banned
SW #1 went above and beyond my expectations, and I was pretty excited for it.

The Punisher bar scene was the best part.

Filthy Slug

i swear to christ, if y'all are working me into a shoot and making me buy this fucking jonathan hickman marvel event comic and it's shit...
Have you heard of Convergence, man? It's a pretty great DC event about...like..things people used to like...Rucka....fuck it.
I prefer them as well to be honest. I'm a bit old-fashioned when it comes to things really. Give me a physical book, game, film or comic over digital.
Yo, my man, seriously. I fucking love actual, real books. Old books, new books, whatever.

tim1138

Have you heard of Convergence, man? It's a pretty great DC event about...like..things people used to like...Rucka....fuck it.

Yo, my man, seriously. I fucking love actual, real books. Old books, new books, whatever.

At least go digital for those DC Sneak Peak stories for June, that way you don't have to waste money on Convergence tie in garbage.

Hagi

SW #1 went above and beyond my expectations, and I was pretty excited for it.

The Punisher bar scene was the best part.

This was one of my favourite parts because it's exactly what I'd picture him doing.

Okay, that was a pretty fantastic intro to an event

but seriously, why starlord of all people?

Secret Wars

Probably to tie into that Starlord Kitty Secret Wars book. Need one of them alive lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom