• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hagi

When does Xmen 92 start? I saw listings for start of June with the second issue at the end of July but I'm not sure if that's for the paper book or digital issues.

Vyer

So yeah, Secret Wars was awesome. I didn't realize though after all this time of reading everything that's happened in Avengers/NA how much I came to agree with Cap about most of these so called 'heroes' until
Reed and co are lifeboating away while Everything Dies. I was like 'fuck these guys'.

#Capwasright

Starfire Preview was really cute. I especially love that one of her enemies from Red Hood and the Outlaws,
Chesire
, was one of the people she was asking for advice from. That's a Starfire thing to do. They've definitely given her back her wordplay mannerisms that she was lacking in RHATO.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I hope people actually buy Midnighter, I want that book to stick around for awhile.

Grayson-related comics are just a great idea. Dickworld is like the one untainted aspect of the DCU right now.

I hope people actually buy Midnighter, I want that book to stick around for awhile.
I'll give the series a shot. Wasn't sold on it before but the preview was good.
Will you be picking it up? I can't wait.
Of course, friend. Conner/Palmiotti for life.
Starfire Preview was really cute. I especially love that one of her enemies from Red Hood and the Outlaws,
Chesire
, was one of the people she was asking for advice from. That's a Starfire thing to do. They've definitely given her back her wordplay mannerisms that she was lacking in RHATO.
I haven't read any of Red Hood and the Outlaws but I really liked this. They made her feel confident and naive at the same time and it works really well. I think it's gonna be a lot of fun seeing her trying to get used to Florida. The dialogue with the other DC characters in the beginning was really great.

I also got the previews for Prez and Section Eight, I'll check em out later.

So yeah, Secret Wars was awesome. I didn't realize though after all this time of reading everything that's happened in Avengers/NA how much I came to agree with Cap about most of these so called 'heroes' until
Reed and co are lifeboating away while Everything Dies. I was like 'fuck these guys'.

#Capwasright
If he was right, they'd have all died like two years ago. So yeah, he was as right as that time with Cyclops.

Hear, hear. I tried to get into Hickman's stuff on MU, just didn't click.

I'm kinda with ya

I mean I'll probably pick it up but I was blasting through his stuff on MU until I finished Infinity which I thought the ending was dumb and bad and stupid and bad (I didn't like it)

Haven't read any issues of either Avengers or New Avengers since then because of that stupid event

Penguin

Think fun little initiative by DC
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/05...man-superman-wonder-woman-and-justice-league/

DC Entertainment launching a new product line, and I have to say I think it’s rather good.

Six hardcover collected editions of classic DC stories, each featuring a related animated movie on both DVD and Blu-Ray discs, embedded in the inside back cover.

They’re priced at $26.99 and should be out in all stores on September 1st.

You can also get a slipcased set of all six for $145.99 – and a (taps on calculator) saving of $15.95

Hagi

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more Cap was actually wrong.

They survived. And unless the Beyonders or Doom prove other wise, Cap and his pride/ego sure as hell isn't.

Spoilerssss

By they, you mean like 5 people? out of a whole universe? lol He may not have been right but I wouldn't be applauding anyone else yet either.

Midnighter seems fun can't say I've read much Authority but I think I'll pick this up when it comes out.

tim1138

Grayson-related comics are just a great idea. Dickworld is like the one untainted aspect of the DCU right now.

I'll give the series a shot. Wasn't sold on it before but the preview was good.

It's nice to see one Wildstorm character survive the disaster N52 Stormwatch was. On a personal level it helps that it's Midnighter, who I love in those old Stormwatch and Authority comics. I also got a kick out of his one night stand being named Warren, that had to be an intentional homage.

Bii

Dammit guys. I was gonna wait for my SW #1 (aka Secret Wars) to come in with my Midtown order next week but I may just pick it up from my LCS today.

GAMEPROFF, you down with reading it with me today?

Vyer

Well... I guess I'll check out this Green Lantern preview, but I'm not exactly excited about it.

Midnighter, on the other hand....

Guys, what is the Marvel Unlimited code for the free month right now? Feel like giving it a go.
ULTRON I think.

Spoilerssss

By they, you mean like 5 people? out of a whole universe? lol He may not have been right but I wouldn't be applauding anyone else yet either.

Midnighter seems fun can't say I've read much Authority but I think I'll pick this up when it comes out.

Well, yeah... 'they' survived.
or I guess some of them did anyway?
I can agree with that, the point of a no-win scenario is that everyone trying to win is wrong about it. No matter what you do, you will lose. Cap was still utterly wrong and useless about it all.
Technically, the only one who was right was
Tony, as he knew from the beginning they couldn't win.

So like, I don't get Omega Men.

You kill
Kyle Rayner
to get me to read it? Nah, I think I'm good. Hope you're cancelled in 8 issues.

Ohnonono

So should most decent FLCS have a bunch of copys of something like SW#1? I think I am going to buy the mainline SW books as they come out (I swore I would never buy floppy books but fuck it, I gotta go up there to get the new Rat Queens TPB anyway.) I don't really want to start a pullbox for 8 issues of one book but also don't really know if places usually get a limited amount of this stuff.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Dammit guys. I was gonna wait for my SW #1 (aka Secret Wars) to come in with my Midtown order next week but I may just pick it up from my LCS today.

GAMEPROFF, you down with reading it with me today?
My copy hasnt arrived yet :(

Edit: Or do you mean something different? :D

Hagi

So like, I don't get Omega Men.

You kill
Kyle Rayner
to get me to read it? Nah, I think I'm good. Hope you're cancelled in 8 issues.

I'm not hip to the goings on in DC spaceland post Johns but having someone
seemingly rip off Kyles head after telling Carol to put the oven on because he'll be home soon
to drum up interest for a new book is a bit weird. To do it in a terrorist homemade video way adds another layer.

I don't even know what is going on with trench coat Hal.

I'm not hip to the goings on in DC spaceland post Johns but having someone
seemingly rip off Kyles head after telling Carol to put the oven on because he'll be home soon
to drum up interest for a new book is a bit weird. To do it in a terrorist homemade video way adds another layer.

I don't even know what is going on with trench coat Hal.
Wait, what.
Is this reverse fridge or something?

Free thick and glossy Skottie Young print and Battleworld foldout with the print version.

TNoS5yn.jpg

Messi

Any regular want a Punisher code from today or a Secret Wars code?

For some reason my store sold me punisher when I wasn't looking. I didn't willingly support that book.

Zombine

Banned
Any regular want a Punisher code from today or a Secret Wars code?

For some reason my store sold me punisher when I wasn't looking. I didn't willingly support that book.

Punisher would be cool. I'll support the book by stealing your code.

Just read Descender 3 and it was another good chapter in whats fast becoming a new favorite of mine. They're doing a great job of building a lot of mystery around Tim-21. I probably liked Issue 2 a bit better since it developed so much for Tim's character. A lot of interesting seeds continue to be planted
(wondering whats up with that ethereal scrapped robot purgatory)
and there's a sense for some method to the madness. Hopefully it continues to pan out well and, as always, I'm continually blown away by the art.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom