• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

It's interesting to look at the other community threads - I'm only active in a couple - and observe which tolerate off-topic stuff and which have practically none

We're one of the worst
Or one of the best, depending on how you look at it

Mindwipe

Guys, do I need anything from this Garth Ennis sale on comixology?

I'm pretty sure I've at least heard The Boys get mentioned, but I can't remember in what capacity...

The Boys is pretty bleak but good.

But as mentioned the Humble Bundle is cheaper.

Bleeding Cool reporting that they're doing some big history change to Cap on Weds. Sounds like (speculation-y)
they're going to reveal Cap is a LMD and always was or somesuch.

Nick Spencer is warning people to avoid Captain America spoilers and Bleedingcool until the book releases tomorrow.

The BC article is very vague to be fair. Basically just "something big is happening and similar in import to famous story x."

ElNarez

Banned
Bleeding Cool reporting that they're doing some big history change to Cap on Weds. Sounds like (speculation-y)
they're going to reveal Cap is a LMD and always was or somesuch.

The BC article is very vague to be fair. Basically just "something big is happening and similar in import to famous story x."

this would actually be dumber than anything DC's put in Rebirth

Mindwipe

I'm sure it won't be literally that, it wouldn't make any sense for like a million different reasons. But it sounds like it'll be something like that.

Also Dum Dum was supposed to be human, abeit long lived. If SHIELD could built robots as powerful as Cap on a whim why wouldn't they built a thousand of them and kick Thanos' ass?

Zombine

Banned
Comic day being Wednesday is amazing, because it can make a particularly shit week a little better or a vacation even more amazing. Can't wait to really dig into Civil War II stuff and the launch of Rebirth. I'm very content right now in comic land.

Still reading Plastic Man v2. It is fascinating how comics went from the callous deaths of villains and NPCs ("eh, he/she died") to the angst filled "oh my god, someone died" in the newer comics. There's some real dark stuff shown in such an off hand manner (lynchings, tarring and feathering, child abuse, bullying).

Pls PM me when something stupid happens.

RiUXFc5.gif

You got it, soldier

Zombine

Banned
I get all the Marvel books so yes.

I'm feeling kind of spoiled on Cap now. I know there's a change coming now. I wanted to experience change myself.
lol

Hellers

I'd be up for CMX Unlimited when it hits the UK if the range is good. In a heartbeart.

Maybe it'll force Marvel to up their game and do a decent app

TheFlow

Banned
Marvel is still sub-hd aka everything is blurry if blown up.

I don't think regular people are going to realize how great this especially when you get the first month free.

TheFlow

Banned
Yea idc about marvel since I have that but I would of loved a limited DC deal or maybe even vertigo.

the fact that I can read an whole volume of something I never really cared to start like Wicked+divine and Sabrina the teenage witch :D sooo good

Edit: DC physical stuff sells pretty good.

Yea idc about marvel since I have that but I would of loved a limited DC deal or maybe even vertigo.

the fact that I can read an whole volume of something I never really cared to start like Wicked+divine and Sabrina the teenage witch :D sooo good
Yes, same. I can finally check out Clean Room and W+D

TheFlow

Banned
X-Men by Claremont and Lee Sale!

the physical versions are available on Instock trade with volume 2 releasing this fall but this is a good deal for digital only peeps and ect.

I am holding out for the TMNT sale next week

Top Bottom