• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

PostMortem.JPG

Zombine

Banned
how is grant morrison's animal man.

like what is it about

and ect.

I mean...at its core it's about a guy who has the powers of animals...man. But I mean, Morrison's run is definitive and pretty god damn mind blowingly dronking awesome. Don't ask questions, just read.

I think you knowing jack shit about it puts you in an even better position to love the book.

You've purchased a fuck ton of books to build a collection, but it's not validated until you add Animal Man and Doom Patrol to your list.

squadr0n

Got my first DC Absolute Edition in the mail today and holy shit are these things nice. High price for what is basically a 20$ trade but the quality alone makes it worth it. I got Morrison's Batman & Robin. Thinking about getting All Star Superman or Batman Inc. in the future. If anyone was on the fence about getting one id say do it for sure!

Also got Gotham Central omibus, Secret Warriors Complete Collection Vol. 1, Lazarus Vol. 1, and East of West year one. Havent read any of those yet and cant wait. Missed out on alot of Image stuff recently.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Got my first DC Absolute Edition in the mail today and holy shit are these things nice. High price for what is basically a 20$ trade but the quality alone makes it worth it. I got Morrison's Batman & Robin. Thinking about getting All Star Superman or Batman Inc. in the future. If anyone was on the fence about getting one id say do it for sure!

Also got Gotham Central omibus, Secret Warriors Complete Collection Vol. 1, Lazarus Vol. 1, and East of West year one. Havent read any of those yet and cant wait. Missed out on alot of Image stuff recently.

Good shit. Enjoy it.

Zombine

Banned

You done good.

Hell of a haul, these are all among my very favorite things

TheFlow

Banned
I mean...at its core it's about a guy who has the powers of animals...man. But I mean, Morrison's run is definitive and pretty god damn mind blowingly dronking awesome. Don't ask questions, just read.

I think you knowing jack shit about it puts you in an even better position to love the book.

You've purchased a fuck ton of books to build a collection, but it's not validated until you add Animal Man and Doom Patrol to your list.

FUCKKK will buy them will get the chance.

Seconded. Amazing OT

(Since this is the comic thread though I would be remiss not to mention the IDW comic spoilers)

HORY SHIT yes spoilers. but the good news is he back to normal later

Everyone pointing out Gotham Central, I feel the need to say that Secret Warriors is an underappreciated gem.

Checking stuff off my wishlist:

American Vampire Volume 1 - Had high expectations for this, but I didn't do much for me. I guess I was expecting some more horror in a comic that was touted on a lot of best horror comic lists, but it was more vampire action than anything else. The vampire designs were cool though

Outcast Volume 1 - Now that's more like it. So far nothing that hasn't been done in a bunch of other movies or shows before, but it has a wonderfully uneasy atmosphere thanks to the moody art and shadows, and the characters are engaging

Velvet up to #14 - Yes, this is good. This is really really good. An entire spectrum of spy fiction condensed into one gorgeous action-packed series, from Bourne-esque hard-hitting take-no-prisoners action to Cold War-era espionage to Bond-style gadgets to the one-woman-army agent of the likes of Salt and Nikita.

Nailbiter Volumes 1-4 - This started off intriguing but by the end of the fourth volume, the only reason I was turning the page was to see what new killer or gruesome kill the creators thought of next. No real answers, only more questions, and the storylines got ridiculous fast

VanWinkle

What should I start next?

Daredevil by Waid OHC Vol. 1
Teen Titans by Geoff Johns Omnibus
Batman: Bruce Wayne: Murderer?
Superman Earth One Vol. 1

TheFlow

Banned
Checking stuff off my wishlist:

American Vampire Volume 1 - Had high expectations for this, but I didn't do much for me. I guess I was expecting some more horror in a comic that was touted on a lot of best horror comic lists, but it was more vampire action than anything else. The vampire designs were cool though

Outcast Volume 1 - Now that's more like it. So far nothing that hasn't been done in a bunch of other movies or shows before, but it has a wonderfully uneasy atmosphere thanks to the moody art and shadows, and the characters are engaging

Velvet up to #14 - Yes, this is good. This is really really good. An entire spectrum of spy fiction condensed into one gorgeous action-packed series, from Bourne-esque hard-hitting take-no-prisoners action to Cold War-esque espionage to Bond-style gadgets to the one-woman-army agent of the likes of Salt and Nikita.

Nailbiter Volumes 1-4 - This started off intriguing but by the end of the fourth volume, the only reason I was turning the page was to see what new killer or gruesome kill the creators thought of next. No real answers, only more questions, and the storylines got ridiculous fast

I love american vampire. like love it. second cycle is more horror than the first.

TheFlow

Banned
Haven't read many vampire comics outside of 30 Days of Night. Is there anything like Wytches, but with vampires? I like my vampires as ruthless monstrous predators
not any that I can think of. American Vampire does get more violent/gruesome for sure as it goes on. some of the best stuff is actually outside of the first volume.

second cycle is full on primal fear.

TheFlow

Banned
I didn't get past the first volume of American Vampire either, maybe I'll give it another shot. Might as well I already own a bunch of it

if I don't forget I will do some summaries of what each arc is about with some pics. definitely my favorite Vertigo title.

so many great moments
American-Vampire-Anthology-Panels-in-poor-taste-02.png

Guys you need to see this OT for Mutants in Manhattan:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1223044

Perfect. I needed this to distract from the heavy emotions of the Community series finale.

I realize I'm late to the party, but it's worth saying that I'm pretty sure that show's in my top ten and it hits pretty hard.

Anyways, no one cares because this is an Overwatch comics thread, so time to read some comics.

Rainy

Banned
Can't play Overwatch until Wednesday :\

Any previous knowledge to read Spider-Gwen? Or can I just jump straight in.

I got my first play of the game as Pharah! I was way up in the air on the Anubis map, and I saw what had to be the entire enemy team passing below me all scrunched together.

I just so happened to have an ultimate stored up.

tumblr_mybhuavhvT1spwwv4o1_500.gif

4 Kids was GREAT, nerds.

I'm gonna post Hanselmann now
edit: WOW no I'm not I completely misread that image
Geez good thing nobody is here.

Now I'm gonna sit here and read the new William Gibson comic

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
In all of Valiant that I've read so far, by far the biggest disappointment is Quantum and Woody. Based on the description and the general tone that they're going for I thought i would love it, but I really really hate it. It might just be James Asmus, though, because I read The Deliquents and he's also terrible at Archer and Armstrong.

That mini had some good art though.

4 Kids was GREAT, nerds.

I'm gonna post Hanselmann now
edit: WOW no I'm not I completely misread that image
Geez good thing nobody is here.

Now I'm gonna sit here and read the new William Gibson comic

I do think they're all gone, Echo. But I'm glad you liked 4 Kids.

Played the first level of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan.

Got my shit wrecked. Now I have to go to bed so I can wake up early. Fucking suuucks. Read comics until I fall asleep it is, then.

Top Bottom