• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I was going to buy the Gotham Central Omnibus today but damn it's far too big I just couldn't do it. So glad I never ordered it online before seeing it in person. Might just get the series from Comixology.

Lol. C'mon, son. Gotham Central omnibus ain't nothin'. You want a real challenge, try reading BIG DAMN SIN CITY.

Regardless, the Official Omnibus Reading Position (TM) conquers omnibuses of all levels of enormity.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
So many omnibuses releasing this fall. Got my eye on the Ms Marvel and Ditko's Strange. Is the New 52 Flash one worth it? It includes the first 25 issues. Also Duggan/Posehn's Deadpool includes 50 issues worth, 1000+ pages. Hot damn. Was that series any good?

No.

Flash is fucking dire.

Scooby Apocalypse #1
This was actually pretty cool. Hopefully it becomes a really fun book. One thing that always bothered me about Scooby Doo as a franchise is that it always felt like one member of the group was useless, depending on the series. So far everyone seems to have their use, so that's a plus. Looking forward to the rest.

Captain America: Steve Rogers #1
Wow. This was actually really good. I like the set up, the action was decent, and Rick is still the worst. The world makes sense again. I enjoyed the twist people are so uptight about because it felt like a natural set-up. Still, Cap's new outfit bugs the shit out of me. Seriously. Way too much blue. Way too much.
-Change the light blue on his shield to white.
-Change all the brown, minus the pouches, to white.
-Remove his arm pouches.
-Add the wings back on, or at least the wing designs like he had on his Marvel NOW! design.
CaptainAmerica_SteveRogers_Costume.jpg
I might do a recolor just to see how it looks. Or someone else could. Otherwise I really enjoyed the first issue.
You should stick with it. At least until the big reveal. You'll probably figure it out before it happens, though. I did.

Tell me yes or no:

Is it government super soldier experiments?

Hagi

Lol. C'mon, son. Gotham Central omnibus ain't nothin'. You want a real challenge, try reading BIG DAMN SIN CITY.

Regardless, the Official Omnibus Reading Position (TM) conquers omnibuses of all levels of enormity.

Sorry Kipp I just ain't about that life. I know in the grand scheme of ridiculous sized Omnibus it isn't even that big but I ain't buying any books that might kill my cat.
Captain America: Steve Rogers #1
Wow. This was actually really good. I like the set up, the action was decent, and Rick is still the worst. The world makes sense again. I enjoyed the twist people are so uptight about because it felt like a natural set-up. Still, Cap's new outfit bugs the shit out of me. Seriously. Way too much blue. Way too much.
-Change the light blue on his shield to white.
-Change all the brown, minus the pouches, to white.
-Remove his arm pouches.
-Add the wings back on, or at least the wing designs like he had on his Marvel NOW! design.

I might do a recolor just to see how it looks. Or someone else could. Otherwise I really enjoyed the first issue.

I'll be honest his rather ugly costume bothered me more than hey heidi. His Marvel Now costume was a lot better, the new shield is terrible as well.

I'll be honest his rather ugly costume bothered me more than hey heidi. His Marvel Now costume was a lot better, the new shield is terrible as well.
I like the new shield. Harkens back to the old WW2 days. I dig it. Just change the pattern

But I agree that the costume bugged me way more than the twist

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Dang. Had a really fun run of Overwatch. It's funny how the characters I thought I'd gravitate to aren't the ones when I started playing. I'm really enjoying going support/tank. Especially Mercy. It's a lot of fun knowing you're making the win happening just healing, buffing, etc. also dig Reinhardt & Roadhog. I did spend an hour in training learning all heroes so I want so limited in my options.

same, dude - i'm basically all tank/support with a couple defense characters thrown in for good measure

you really don't know who you'll click with until you give em a shot - i just discovered Zarya and she is dope af

Finally read Cap 1 and I really don't understand what all the controversy was about? Were a ton of people suddenly reading comics for the first time? I felt like the book made it almost too obvious that his past was altered somehow, either by Red Skull or the Cosmic Cube girl. Obviously not who had really done it, but the way it interlaced his past made it seem obvious that it was just planted memories.

PsychBat!

Banned
First time I've defended the game in any way. Try again. It is unreasonable to expect more content 3 days after release. You knew what you were getting when you bought it. More content is coming. Give them time.

You would rather the beta was a map or two and one mode and lure people in with the hope of more? That's lol.
FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

tim1138

I just finished the Wes Craig/Nathan Fairnbairn issues of Guardians. God, I wish the entire series looked like that. Pelletier and Walker did good work, and the non Fairnbairn colored Craig issues look great as well, but I had forgotten how perfect the Craig/Fairnbairn stuff fit the series. It just perfectly captured the tone of the book.

And lord knows I'm a sucker for cosmic characters colored to look like they contain the cosmos. Fairbairn of course crushed it on Starhawk.

Zombine

Banned
Comedy & Tragedy is probably my favorite arc in Y: The Last Man. The quality of the art soars through the roof and the characters are incredibly relatable. The bit with Theresa and the jar is powerful as fuck too.

"No offense, but your play sounds like a piece of shit.

Lol

Lashley

Just read the final issue of Obi-Wan & Anakin.

Loved it. Especially those last two pages, Obi-Wan's willingness to leave the Jedi Order if Anakin did, to ensure he could still train him.

Hagi

If you go with the digital versions, do it through Amazon. You'll save about $12, since the books are $9.99 there compared to $12.99 on CMX

Missed this earlier thanks for the tip seems they are a little cheaper on UK Amazon as well.

Just read the final issue of Obi-Wan & Anakin.

Loved it. Especially those last two pages, Obi-Wan's willingness to leave the Jedi Order if Anakin did, to ensure he could still train him.

Looking forward to picking this up when the trade drops.

Lashley

Missed this earlier thanks for the tip seems they are a little cheaper on UK Amazon as well.

Looking forward to picking this up when the trade drops.

I highly recommend it.

Marvel's Star Wars books have been really great

Lashley

Think I'm going to drop Totally Awesome Hulk. It's so boring, I don't like Cho as the Hulk and his sister is an annoying, bad character.

Hagi

I highly recommend it.

Marvel's Star Wars books have been really great

I've really enjoyed Vader and Kanan but the main book hasn't really done anything for me so far, maybe volume 2 will be better. I have Chewie and Lando sitting on my shelf to read as well.

I read the first two issues of Poe Dameron earlier and that was okay. The BB-8 comic in the back of the first issue has been the highlight so far though.

Owzers

So far my ANAD MU rankings:
good
Deadpool

goodish
Invincible Iron Man
All New Wolverine despite deadpool scientist doppleganger
Vision

iffy
Uncanny Inhumans
Extraordinary X-Men
D.va

garbage
New Avengers

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Read the first couple issues of Gotham Central. Good stuff so far.

...I miss Hitman though :(

same, dude - i'm basically all tank/support with a couple defense characters thrown in for good measure

you really don't know who you'll click with until you give em a shot - i just discovered Zarya and she is dope af

I tried Zarya a few times, she's just not clicking with me yet. Mei on the other hand....

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So far my ANAD MU rankings:
good
Deadpool

goodish
Invincible Iron Man
All New Wolverine despite deadpool scientist doppleganger
Vision

iffy
Uncanny Inhumans
Extraordinary X-Men
D.va

garbage
New Avengers

Not-Sure-If-Fry-Meme-Gif.gif

jon bones

went away for mdw

forgot ipad full of comics at home

damnit

my "main" as it were - i've played lucio twice as much as my second most played hero

speed boosts out of the gate, aoe heals, wall rides & a nice "pushaway" when you need space - love em

my first legendary was his hockey costume 😎

I tried Zarya a few times, she's just not clicking with me yet. Mei on the other hand....

zarya adds so much survivability - she feels like a tank & support in one. wish she had a decent looking alt though

mei is bae, of course

eventually you will play as the only legendary skin you get.

Not counting the ones that came with the physical edition, I've unlocked four legendary outfits. I'm only level 17, so luck has been kind.

I've got Hanzo's Lone Wolf, which I think is one of the best looking in game. I'm not that great playing him yet, but slowly improving. It meets your definition in that a character I might normally skip over will be a top five played now. Just a fabulous skin.

Mystery Man for McCree, but can't stand the character. He feels incredibly slow in a game that rewards reaction and some twitch play. I see people do well on him and am fairly astounded. He's basically ultimate or die for me.

Stonehardt for Reinhardt, who I really dig. Probably my favorite of his legendary outfits, right next to Blackhardt. He'll likely be my second most played, since he's great in a good team.

But my pride and joy is Mercy's Sigrun. Absolutely love to the character and love the outfit. It would be the one I would purchase if given the option, so I'm stoked. It was my first unlock. Guess Blizz blessed me for all those healing hours I've logged. Mercy is the kind of character that can turn a good team into a great one.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Someone slap Tragic please, I would do it but im afraid

Zombine

Banned
I think I have at least one legendary per class. Haven't played at all today though.

You know what I've done all day? Read comics. Finishing up book 3 of 5 of Y. I'll wrap it up tomorrow and probably read Fables.

Someone slap Tragic please, I would do it but im afraid

Why, brother? You're on PC, correct? I'm PS4 but playing exclusively with random people. It's fun, but I'd like to group up with people. I'll heal/tank all day.

I think I have at least one legendary per class. Haven't played at all today though.

You know what I've done all day? Read comics. Finishing up book 3 of 5 of Y. I'll wrap it up tomorrow and probably read Fables.

Y is the best comic I've ever read, and I don't see that changing.

I ticked off my wife by spending all afternoon watching the Royals. One of the most unlikely comebacks I've ever witnessed.

jon bones

tragic add me on ps4 and we'll crew up

psn: cool_calm_jon

where you at in Fables?

Top Bottom