• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

Messi

So in Power Man and iron Fist Danny complains that Jessica doesn't like him or something to that effect. He seems to forget in their first meeting he refused to let her see a critically injured Luke and then questioned if the baby was really his.

In ANAD?

Messi

Yo Spider Gwen is on sale for 5 bucks for the first volume. I know you guys are split on her but that is a fucking steal

also where do I start with silk and spider woman

Start with Spider-woman when she gets the new costume in the first run. Issue 4 or 5 the other issues are a crossover with Spider-verse and have land art. The new costume is almost a new start.

Edit. Oh shit I triple posted.

So Midnighter is basicly Taskmasker who looks like Batman?

image.php

TheFlow

Banned
I am going to see how much of spider woman and silk is on MU and then just pick up from there on cmx

Also I don't blame Jessica ever since Danny came through luke has gone through 3 shirts lol

Did anyone here kickstart this? Looks pretty interesting.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/101952017/no-holds-bard/description

http://www.freaksugar.com/exclusive-preview-no-holds-bard-1/

No Holds Bard is a 5-Act comic about Shakespeare fighting crime in Elizabethan England, written (mostly) in iambic pentameter. Featuring some of the hottest artists working in comics today, including Erica Henderson, Logan Faerber, Cara McGee, James Callahan, and Aaron Conley, with a cover by Dave Kloc and pin-ups from Sina Grace, Bobby Rubio and Ashlyn Anstee. No Holds Bard will feed your eyes and get all four humors moving. It won’t make you dumber, but you will fail your literature test.

While writing yet another one of his masterpieces, Shakespeare receives a call from his trusty page, Page, with most disturbing news—The Queen has been stolen! From there, the Dramatic Duo of The Bard and Page set off in a series of rollicking misadventures that lead to the highest echelons of Renaissance power. He'll cross paths with weirdos of all shapes and sizes. You might even recognize a few of them from someone's most famous plays (but then, I don't want to spoil all the fun).

tim1138

this sucks

It is with tremendous sadness that we announce Darwyn is now receiving palliative care following a bout with aggressive cancer. His brother Dennis and I, along with our families appreciate the outpouring of support we have received. We ask for privacy as we go through this very difficult time

Well that's just awful.

Darth Vader is ending with #25

"It was a situation where, you know, we've always said all the way through, from 'Darth Vader' #1, that this was a story with a beginning, a middle and an end," Gillen tells IGN. "we kind of looked where we were after 'Vader Down,' and we realized we were probably actually nearer to the end than we thought we were. And it was a situation where we were like, 'Okay, it's better to actually end this story in a way which we think is the most effective. We don't want to pad it out extraneously.' That was the kind of thing, we were like, 'Oh yeah, this is the end of this particular story,' in which case it's a natural place for Vader to move on."

Maybe not necessary to the plot, but definitely necessary for the film. Brought some levity to that scene as well as some much needed variety in terms of powers, and both of them walked away with the whole sequence. The film is arguably more fun for having them included.
Oh definitely.
I'm still salty they didn't give more time to develop Hawkgirl, GL, Flash and Dr. Fate before bringing back new versions of the Trinity. <.<

I don't even remember if Alan's fiance's death was ever fully explained. It's been so long since I read the series, and I didn't even bother touching World's End.
You should read World's End then.

Damn, unfortunate news about Cooke. Hopefully hes able to overcome this aggressive cancer and leaves it in the dust.

Finished reading Midnighter vol 1 by Orlando, Aco and Mooney this week. Ill have to reread since my mind was shutting off due to exhaustion but I really liked it. I think the way Midnighter is shown as a very confident and unbeatable fighter is nicely contrasted with how vulnerable and insecure he is in his personal life even as hes impressing the hell out of his romantic interests.

ACOs art is pretty killer. Id be really interested in his process and if anybody has a link showing it in some way id appreciate it. I wonder how big he draws because there are a lot of details that would be impossible to draw at print resolution and page size. There are few times where his page designs are a bit distraction and his inset panels dont add much for me so Id like to see him reign it in a bit. Theres a small oddness about some of his figures. I wonder if he uses 3d models in some cases because they sometimes look a bit inflexible and a little plastic. Overall his work here is pretty excellent.

I dont really know much about Mooney tbh Judging solely from his art, I would think hes a guy that hasnt drawn comics for too long but hes pretty talented. His panel to panel storytelling failed a few times imo and hes a bit inconsistent when creating interestingly composed fights. Still hes pretty effective and I could see a lot of potential for growth here.

I forgot who the colorist is but they really bring it. They texturize nicely; different surfaces are rendered differently and they help pull the eye where it needs to go. Its flashy without being overbearing. They really know how to enhance the linework. Just really solid work.

Overall Im definitely impressed and will definitely seek out vol 2

Damn, unfortunate news about Cooke. Hopefully hes able to overcome this aggressive cancer and leaves it in the dust.

Finished reading Midnighter vol 1 by Orlando, Aco and Mooney this week. Ill have to reread since my mind was shutting off due to exhaustion but I really liked it. I think the way Midnighter is shown as a very confident and unbeatable fighter is nicely contrasted with how vulnerable and insecure he is in his personal life even as hes impressing the hell out of his romantic interests.

ACOs art is pretty killer. Id be really interested in his process and if anybody has a link showing it in some way id appreciate it. I wonder how big he draws because there are a lot of details that would be impossible to draw at print resolution and page size. There are few times where his page designs are a bit distraction and his inset panels dont add much for me so Id like to see him reign it in a bit. Theres a small oddness about some of his figures. I wonder if he uses 3d models in some cases because they sometimes look a bit inflexible and a little plastic. Overall his work here is pretty excellent.

I dont really know much about Mooney tbh Judging solely from his art, I would think hes a guy that hasnt drawn comics for too long but hes pretty talented. His panel to panel storytelling failed a few times imo and hes a bit inconsistent when creating interestingly composed fights. Still hes pretty effective and I could see a lot of potential for growth here.

I forgot who the colorist is but they really bring it. They texturize nicely; different surfaces are rendered differently and they help pull the eye where it needs to go. Its flashy without being overbearing. They really know how to enhance the linework. Just really solid work.

The book never drops in quality, so if you liked vol. 1 then you'll like the rest

tim1138

One of us, one of us!

I've never been anything on ACO's process, but if you look him up on Facebook (Aco Aco) he posts his pages in various stages of completion. Inked, flatted, full colors, it's pretty cool to see the work in progress pages v the final version.

Midnighter was 12 issues of perfection, now you know why I love it so much.

Question I've always had - Is Darwyn pronounced as Darren or Darwin? I always thought it was the latter but a friend of mine pronounces it as the former.

Top Bottom