• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

Hagi

Variants and a digital comic

Oh sweet will definitely buy the digital comic then. I read the synopsis and it sounds cute.

I had a look at Duggans interview for Uncanny Avengers and it's got me really interested in reading the book especially now that Pymtron is back on earth. It's really weird to read about Red Skull still having Xaviers brain though I never finished SIXIS because I thought it was terrible. Always assumed that plot point would have got tied up then.

Owzers

Every time i see charity commercials on tv with starving kids i just think how lucky they are that they don't have to deal with splotchy statue paint or tilted bobble heads. It must be such a relief not to think about these things.

tsumtsumcover-4738a.jpg
wat
Oh sweet will definitely buy the digital comic then. I read the synopsis and it sounds cute.

I had a look at Duggans interview for Uncanny Avengers and it's got me really interested in reading the book especially now that Pymtron is back on earth. It's really weird to read about Red Skull still having Xaviers brain though I never finished SIXIS because I thought it was terrible. Always assumed that plot point would have got tied up then.

Skull got brain blasted, but he still has Xavier's brain grafted into his.

Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is everything a good crossover comic should be. Might be the best one since JLA/Avengers. Loved the whole series and it'll probably make my best of the year list. Just incredibly solid and entertaining. The grimy art really worked in its' favour.

It also has
Mr. Freeze as a polar bear, and he and Mikey get into a cold-based pun fight
, so that is an instant win.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Finished Uncharted yesterday instead of reading anything.

Won't spoil it for others but holy good goddamn, is that a gorgeous game. Perfect capper to the series.

Hagi

wat

Skull got brain blasted, but he still has Xavier's brain grafted into his.

Hmm maybe we'll get something cool with that then. I never really liked what Remender did with the Professor X/Red Skull stuff in his Uncanny run. I actually only liked the Planet X part of his run.

Finished Uncharted yesterday instead of reading anything.

Won't spoil it for others but holy good goddamn, is that a gorgeous game. Perfect capper to the series.

I'm fairly early on (chapter 6 i think) but I'm really enjoying it.

Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is everything a good crossover comic should be. Might be the best one since JLA/Avengers. Loved the whole series and it'll probably make my best of the year list. Just incredibly solid and entertaining. The grimy art really worked in its' favour.

It also has
Mr. Freeze as a polar bear, and he and Mikey get into a cold-based pun fight
, so that is an instant win.

Every time I read an issue of this I'm just floored by how perfectly it hits every beat of what a crossover comic should do. Like, I'm listing the tropes, the lines in my head, right as they're doing them and it's just such a joy.

Marvel have been putting out consistently good SW books.

I never said otherwise. I'm just surprised that they're still selling strongly now, is all. The hype for #1 was massive, they shipped 1M+ (though 700K or so was Loot Crate, I have one of those!), but I didn't think it would last. The new movie helps I guess, but it's impressive they've been able to retain as much of the audience from the early issues as they have.

I haven't kept up on the actual books because I'm not really bothered enough about Star Wars outside of movie release windows to buy all of them. Stopped around #12 for both, I think. Will gather them up on sales and stuff.

I never said otherwise. I'm just surprised that they're still selling strongly now, is all. The hype for #1 was massive, they shipped 1M+ (though 700K or so was Loot Crate, I have one of those!), but I didn't think it would last. The new movie helps I guess, but it's impressive they've been able to retain as much of the audience from the early issues as they have.

I haven't kept up on the actual books because I'm not really bothered enough about Star Wars outside of movie release windows to buy all of them. Stopped around #12 for both, I think. Will gather them up on sales and stuff.

Oh, I wasn't trying to be funny about it. I don't think anyone expected them to still be selling as well as they are. I didn't expect them to be as consistent either.

Vic_Viper

Does anyone have a link that shows Marvel's trade/omnibus release schedule. I found one the other day but can't seem to pull it up atm. Should have bookmarked it :(

Also can't anyone recommend me a good tablet that has a good selection of .cbr/.cbz reader apps and can use MU for 300$ or less. I'm looking for something with the largest screen possible and best display around that price point. Thinking about a gen 2 iPad with retina unless someone has a good suggestion for an Android. Also is there a good app people here use that will allow me to put individual books into a collection to keep things organized how I want. I've been using MU on the iPhone and hate how they don't let you organize your titles, seriously makes finding what I want to read a nightmare.

Vic_Viper

Also can anyone recommend me a good tablet that has a good selection of .cbr/.cbz reader apps and can use MU for 300$ or less. I'm looking for something with the largest screen possible and best display around that price point. Thinking about a gen 2 iPad with retina unless someone has a good suggestion for an Android. Also is there a good app people here use that will allow me to put individual books into a collection to keep things organized how I want. I've been using MU on the iPhone and hate how they don't let you organize your titles, seriously makes finding what I want to read a nightmare.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Fucking cancer. It sounds like treatment options have been exhausted. I hope Cooke can miraculously beat it, or barring that, find some peace and joy with his remaining time with his family.

Sou Da

Why is TMNT so consistently good? How blessed can one fan be.

Fucking Leatherhead is a three dimensional character in this. Leatherhead.

Man that Darwyn Cooke news is sad and depressing. I love the work he's produced over the years. Doesn't dound promising at all

It's not. Palliative care means they are just trying to address the symptoms and stress and give him the best quality of life possible, not attempting to cure the cancer.

Hagi

Have you seen the Vote Loki art? Yikes.

I've only seen the cover...the interiors are bad? I'm reading Thunderbolts so unless it's worse than that I'll be fine as long as the writing is good.

TMNT is awesome, definitely give it a shot if it goes on sale

I'm an estranged TMNT fan so yeah I'm looking forward to a sale and the new film which looks a lot better than the last one.

lol they had a whole IDW sale last month.

That's what I get for coming back to comics this month lol

Messi

I've only seen the cover...the interiors are bad? I'm reading Thunderbolts so unless it's worse than that I'll be fine as long as the writing is good.

I'm an estranged TMNT fan so yeah I'm looking forward to a sale and the new film which looks a lot better than the last one.

That's what I get for coming back to comics this month lol

I posted the preview pages above

It's not. Palliative care means they are just trying to address the symptoms and stress and give him the best quality of life possible, not attempting to cure the cancer.
Ugh. That sucks. I almost feel compelled to drop my current plans and reread DC Frontier again.

Their sales always suck. It's always collections and never single issues.
Not true. I only buy IDW comics that are on sale. Most of my collection is from single issues

Top Bottom