• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Black Knight #1 was alright (didnt know it was in weirdworld) but I was really hoping the last page cliffhanger would be
Dane in a padded room and this was all in his head
:(

I gave up on Supergirl at episode nine, i kept watching and feeling like the show was justtttttttttttt doing enough to kinda like it in parts but nothing more.
Sounds like the entirety of the Arrowverse
Watch Gotham instead.
I wasn't feeling it anymore. I'll jump back into it when it drops on Netflix. Maybe. Honestly I can't stand baby Bruce.
The DCTV shows are the best type of Average Sci-fi. Expect Arrow that's terrible.
The Flash is no fucking exception. It's just prettier. Both that and Arrow have garbage ass character drama and I got tired of Barry always getting his way, it backfiring, and everyone being okay with it. Arrow is just boring, and the only characters I like and am invested in (Roy and Thea) aren't doing anything. Stupid, convoluted relationship drama. I got tired of it, because the action and comic storylines aren't cutting it anymore.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
That's how Bendis decides to end his Xmen run? Man what a mess of an ending. the whole thing bugged me

9c3d6090-e6d4-0132-cef9-0e01949ad350.gif

Owzers

Sounds like the entirety of the Arrowverse

I wasn't feeling it anymore. I'll jump back into it when it drops on Netflix. Maybe. Honestly I can't stand baby Bruce.

The Flash is no fucking exception. It's just prettier. Both that and Arrow have garbage ass character drama and I got tired of Barry always getting his way, it backfiring, and everyone being okay with it. Arrow is just boring, and the only characters I like and am invested in (Roy and Thea) aren't doing anything. Stupid, convoluted relationship drama. I got tired of it, because the action and comic storylines aren't cutting it anymore.

The CW: Bad Dramas. I gave up on Gotham for baby bruce too, haven't tried Flash yet, liked the first episode of I Zombie, and gave up on Arrow after 12 episodes in Season one for drama reasons.

I don't like any of the live-action shows (except the Netflix shows which I like a lot). I've tried multiple times to get into several of them but they just don't do anything for me. The only two I haven't tried are Supergirl and Gotham and I doubt I'd get better results with either of them.

That's how Bendis decides to end his Xmen run? Man what a mess of an ending. the whole thing bugged me
The ending didn't piss me off as much as that useless last arc with that uber op mutant dude.

---

Does anyone know when Justice League Action is supposed to come out?

I don't like any of the live-action shows (except the Netflix shows which I like a lot). I've tried multiple times to get into several of them but they just don't do anything for me. The only two I haven't tried are Supergirl and Gotham and I doubt I'd get better results with either of them.

Gotham Season 2 absolutely destroys every other comic show other than maybe the Netflix ones, imo. Even Baby Bruce has gotten gud.

Mifune

Mehmber
I feel like AoS is the best comic book TV show and it's not even particularly close. I have no idea how anyone could prefer Arrow to it. Granted I've only seen up to season two of both shows.

I feel like AoS is the best comic book TV show and it's not even particularly close. I have no idea how anyone could prefer Arrow to it. Granted I've only seen up to season two of both shows.

I actually stopped watching AoS right in the middle of the two-part S2 finale because I realized I didn't like any of the characters, I didn't care what happened to them and I didn't care how the story resolved at all. It had a brief uptick post-Winter Soldier but none of the Inhumans stuff worked for me. When they became completely central to the plot I checked out.

Mifune

Mehmber
I actually stopped watching AoS right in the middle of the two-part S2 finale because I realized I didn't like any of the characters, I didn't care what happened to them and I didn't care how the story resolved at all. It had a brief uptick post-Winter Soldier but none of the Inhumans stuff worked for me. When they became completely central to the plot I checked out.

The S2 finale was so much fun, though.

Mind you, I don't think it's great TV by any means but binge-watching it comes closest to replicating the feeling of barreling through a pretty good 12-issue storyline. The plot actually develops, unlike in Arrow, which is the same exact thing week after week.

Zombine

Banned
iZombie is a REALLY good show. You guys can't avatar quote me anymore so you're just going to have to believe that I have no bias in favor of the franchise.

iZombie is a REALLY good show. You guys can't avatar quote me anymore so you're just going to have to believe that I have no bias in favor of the franchise.

SHOWS WHAT YOU KNOW

image.php

But yeah, I always forget iZombie but it really is very good. I've only seen the first season tho, waiting for the second to hit Netflix.

Unless it already has. Need to remember to check that.

Mifune

Mehmber

The few episodes I watched were a lot of fun. Need to get back into it. Honestly I think it's on another level from all the other comic book shows, though. It's closer to what I consider quality TV.

I have no idea why we stopped watching this. We watched the first two episodes and really enjoyed them and then just...stopped. Other stuff must have come along I suppose. We will have to get back to it but first we are catching up on Girls (almost done), then Man in the High Castle, that Kennedy assassination show with Franco, and the Americans S2-4 in no particular order

And of course Game of Thrones every Sunday, we rarely go for appointment viewing but our asses are on the couch as soon as the kid hits the sack on Sundays right now

Zombine

Banned
The few episodes I watched were a lot of fun. Need to get back into it. Honestly I think it's on another level from all the other comic book shows, though. It's closer to what I consider quality TV.

I would honestly even just say it's not a part of the genre at all. It's themes are loosely tied to the book at best, but what it does is something equally enjoyable in its own way.

That tease when she used the codename "Gwen" :(

My girlfriend fucking loves this show though, and I use it to validate all the money I spent on my iZombie page.

Messi

I would honestly even just say it's not a part of the genre at all. It's themes are loosely tied to the book at best, but what it does is something equally enjoyable in its own way.

That tease when she used the codename "Gwen" :(

My girlfriend fucking loves this show though, and I use it to validate all the money I spent on my iZombie page.

That is gonna need a lot more validation m8

TheFlow

Banned
Never gave it a try but now that I have the omnibus might as well

Edit:southern bastards looks like it is going to be filled with racist stuff

Owzers

Eating a mild salsa feels like i'm playing a game on Very Easy mode. There's no challenge here....i might as well eat tomato paste :( But the other one is too hot :/

Never gave it a try but now that I have the omnibus might as well

Edit:southern bastards looks like it is going to be filled with racist stuff
You're not alone
http://www.businessinsider.com/southern-bastards-comic-review-2015-6
At first, I didn't want to read "Southern Bastards." Having lived in various towns in Florida — a state often not considered part of the region but nonetheless has a lot of Southern culture running through its veins — I knew there was some truth to the stereotypes: the undercurrent of racism, the Confederate flags, the football, the Southern Gospel music, and even some of that backwoods hillbilly iconography. "Southern Bastards" seemed to revel in all that, and I didn't want to be bothered.

Then I read it, and it has been one of my favorite comics ever since. It's a comic that affords the South a depth and complexity rarely seen in pop culture outside of prose fiction (a medium overflowing with outstanding work from and about the South from Mark Twain and William Faulkner to James McBride and Karen Russell).

just gonna post to also say Southern Bastards is damn great
Love me some Appalachian/rural noir. At least that's the description I've seen used for that type of crime fiction. Stuff like No Country For Old Men, A Single Shot, A Simple Plan, Pike, etc.

shingi70

Banned
The Arrowverse isn't quality television but I enjoyed the first season of Arrow moreso than Agents of Shield because it is about a colorful dressed dudes beating guys up. At best Shield is a copy of the other Weadon shows at worse it sometimes feels like CSI with Iron Man references.

That said season 2 was the peak for both Arrow and Shield and everything that has come afterward has had some good stuff but is mostly wasted potential.

TheFlow

Banned
Arrow season 2 was so good. My because it was well written and paced but because it delivered Merlin and desthstroke on the regular.

Hands down the best of the flashbacks too

Mifune

Mehmber
I'm reading the sixth Criminal volume, The Last of the Innocent, and it's brilliant. It almost feels like a dark take on Archie. Like what if Archie later in life decided to murder Veronica? It's really one of the most original things I've read in a while. The entire series was special but this arc in particular ventures into the downright amazing.

God bless Brubaker and Phillips.

shingi70

Banned
Arrow season 2 was so good. My because it was well written and paced but because it delivered Merlin and desthstroke on the regular.

Hands down the best of the flashbacks too

Finding out that Slade was the main baddie was hype, and Ollie fighting that super powered dude was awesome.

Zombine

Banned
I was like whaaaaaaaaat at that recommendation

Lol bro. I'm a pretty whatever kind of guy when it comes to this kind of stuff, but 7 is just too damn young. Even from a developmental angle, a 7 year old doesn't have the reading comprehension skills for this shit. 7 year olds read basically the Call of Duty version of Goodnight Moon. Simple ass sentences that explain more complex shit in front of you. Instead of being told to go the fuck to bed, they get to read "The ocean has lots of fish. Fish can breathe under water."

Vyer

Love me some Appalachian/rural noir. At least that's the description I've seen used for that type of crime fiction. Stuff like No Country For Old Men, A Single Shot, A Simple Plan, Pike, etc.

Interesting description. also now I have to look up A Single Shot and Pike

Top Bottom