• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

shingi70

Banned
It could be about political resistance to hosting the secret Avengers or a sleeper Hydra agent Bucky.

M'baku or White Wolf would good foils as men who truly love Wakanda and in White Wolf's case his brother but they simply disagree about the country opening its border's to foreigners.

I feel if you do M'baku he has to be much older than T'challa.

Hagi

M'baku or White Wolf would good foils as men who truly love Wakanda and in White Wolf's case his brother but they simply disagree about the country opening its border's to foreigners.

White Wolf being the one resistant to opening the borders of Wakanda would be interesting considering his background.

Hagi I want him swole as in huge though.

Jordan is a couple inches shorter than chadwick

Like peak Terry Crews huge? I just want someone who can hold theirselves just as well as Black Panther. Give me someone who glues you to the screen.

diaspora

Not just foreigners but one whose mind is still owned by Hydra in a way.

SG's art is perfectly in line with the tone of the book, tho.

Art like the one in that Winter Bro panel would make almost perfect sense if the book pursued a humoristic tone (except for his face, ffs what is that).

More like baby's first tumblr. damn good book, tbqh

Agreed. Its one thing to say USG art doesn't appeal to you, but its another to say its 'bad.' Its such damn good comedic art that I can't help but wonder how poorly conditioned someones art appreciation has to be to miss out on USG greatness

Owzers

I don't know what's going on here, but what's better: Overwatch multiplayer or Uncharted 4 multi? I'm thinking of buying UC4 or renting it and buying Overwatch. UC4...trying to avoid story spoilers but don't want to pay full price, Best buy has overwatch with the $10 rewards pre-order dealy.

I've been reading more Duggan Deadpool on MU, up to issue 34ish, whichever was the last Original Sin tie-in which was grim but good.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Agreed. Its one thing to say USG art doesn't appeal to you, but its another to say its 'bad.' Its such damn good comedic art that I can't help but wonder how poorly conditioned someones art appreciation has to be to miss out on USG greatness

Saying something doesn't appeal to you gets the same exact reactions so I figure I might as well be as harsh as possible.

shingi70

Banned
It could be about political resistance to hosting the secret Avengers or a sleeper Hydra agent Bucky.

Not just foreigners but one whose mind is still owned by Hydra in a way.

I've been wondering do they put Bucky into ensemble cast for this movie, seems like he was put their so he could get a bit more growth before Infinity War.

My real hope is that Shuri is played as being Peter Parker's age myself.

diaspora

Black Panther has a better rogues gallery than Iron Man could ever dream of.

Neither have particularly strong rogues unless you want to count Namor or Doom as Panther rogues.

I've been wondering do they put Bucky into ensemble cast for this movie, seems like he was put their so he could get a bit more growth before Infinity War.

My real hope is that Shuri is played as being Peter Parker's age myself.

Ideally. For all we know a conflict could stem from an attempt to heal Bucky's mind and/or arm. As for Shuri, older would be better imo. I was already hugely disappointed in MCU spider-man being like 15-16.

TheFlow

Banned
I don't know what's going on here, but what's better: Overwatch multiplayer or Uncharted 4 multi? I'm thinking of buying UC4 or renting it and buying Overwatch. UC4...trying to avoid story spoilers but don't want to pay full price, Best buy has overwatch with the $10 rewards pre-order dealy.

overwatch for sure

shingi70

Banned
Neither have particularly strong rogues unless you want to count Namor or Doom as Panther rogues.

Ideally. For all we know a conflict could stem from an attempt to heal Bucky's mind and/or arm. As for Shuri, older would be better imo. I was already hugely disappointed in MCU spider-man being like 15-16.

See I love Peter being 15 and i'm of the mind the MCU needs more younger heroes if only for the longevity of the universe.

diaspora

See I love Peter being 15 and i'm of the mind the MCU needs more younger heroes if only for the longevity of the universe.

My problem is that he represents some of the worse stretches of Spider-Man. The entire universe centered around May/MJ/Gwen and the teen years is just awful- including and especially Ultimate.

Not willing to pay full price for Uncharted 4? Ye stingy bugger.

TheFlow

Banned
You decided to buy it in print instead? my man.

I am actually going to buy the HC same with Thor.
The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Vol. 1 Hardcover – November 15, 2016
Thor by Jason Aaron & Russell Dauterman Hardcover – September 20, 2016

speaking of Thor I read the first 2 issues of Thor(2014 starring Jane)

Hory shit was it good, the art and brutality is what I missed.

The art is also amazing.

shingi70

Banned
My problem is that he represents some of the worse stretches of Spider-Man. The entire universe centered around May/MJ/Gwen and the teen years is just awful- including and especially Ultimate.

I love Ultimate, but overall it may not be the best run but I love the progression of Lee and Ditko to Lee and Rominta until we hit death of Gwen Stacy or Venom.

Plus secret identities seem to be a outdated trope I still enjoy and younger Spider-man has a bigger chance of having it.

Owzers

Not willing to pay full price for Uncharted 4? Ye stingy bugger.

Yar....yar. I subscribe to gamefly too, the only time i think about buying games is the keep it feature if i like a rental a lot, used gamefly sales for cheap, or sales/best buy $10 reward points for pre-ordering on top of my GCU discount.

It would be like paying $4.99 for a digital comic, it's not happening. I blame everything on buying God of War 3 and FF13 day one, made me think this whole buying games thing was a mistake, then buying Skyrim on ps4 was it.

diaspora

I love Ultimate, but overall it may not be the best run but I love the progression of Lee and Ditko to Lee and Rominta until we hit death of Gwen Stacy or Venom.

Plus secret identities seem to be a outdated trope I still enjoy and younger Spider-man has a bigger chance of having it.

The idea of a narrative focused around the highschool relationships, his secret identity, and May are some of the more tired elements from Spider-Man in like every medium possible, it's why I'd prefer they leave that behind asap. I know it wasn't going to happen but I would absolutely would have preferred a fresh/young adult scientist Spider-Man.

Hagi

I am actually going to buy the HC same with Thor.
The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Vol. 1 Hardcover – November 15, 2016
Thor by Jason Aaron & Russell Dauterman Hardcover – September 20, 2016

speaking of Thor I read the first 2 issues of Thor(2014 starring Jane)

Hory shit was it good, the art and brutality is what I missed.

The art is also amazing.

Jane Thor is amazing I really enjoyed the first run and need to pick up the current one. She's the best thing about Waids ANAD Avengers as well.

And Klaw. It's pretty decent.

Klaw counts for Iron Man? I remember the issue he appeared in Waids Daredevil being really good. The way Rivera drew those sound clone things was super cool.

TheFlow

Banned
Ok I will probably just finish the first Thor run then.

do I need to read Silk's first run to understand her ANAD current run?

ElNarez

Banned
people talking shit about langdon foss when they haven't read The Surface are my enemies

TheSurface02-Preview-Page5-55908.jpg

(there was another page from issue #4 I wanted to post because of its beautiful crazy layout but it's heavy on the spoilers and on all the cool weird thematic shit you need to see for yourself in context)

Hagi

Ok I will probably just finish the first Thor run then.

do I need to read Silk's first run to understand her ANAD current run?

I think it follows on directly from it so it would probably be better to. Her first run is really fun as well.

people talking shit about langdon foss when they haven't read The Surface are my enemies

(there was another page from issue #4 I wanted to post because of its beautiful crazy layout but it's heavy on the spoilers and on all the cool weird thematic shit you need to see for yourself in context)

yeah but do you think Vote Loki is gonna play to his strengths like that? plus, admit it, the line art in those preview pages looks poorly rendered, better hope its just a low res file

ElNarez

Banned
yeah but do you think Vote Loki is gonna play to his strengths like that? plus, admit it, the line art in those preview pages looks poorly rendered, better hope its just a low res file

a) it's loki, there's bound to be some weirdness
b) yeah, the aliasing is dirty and visible enough that it makes it obvious that someone somewhere kinda fucked up even if
c) those pages are not colored, so, that whole thing is pretty unfinished
d) but also it's more of a general thing because people were also complaining about his art on Winter Soldier and basically what I'm saying is: fuck all of that noise

Tizoc

Mike Mignola's dialog for Hellboy in the early stories can be awkward sometimes-
"When I do you, you're done!"
wot

I am leaving this community

Stop saying silly things.
You always say you're leaving but you come back the next day.
The joke's gone stale.

Black Panther has a better rogues gallery than Iron Man could ever dream of.

You don't even know who B. Panther's villains are :V

Messi

Mike Mignola's dialog for Hellboy in the early stories can be awkward sometimes-
"When I do you, you're done!"
wot

Stop saying silly things.
You always say you're leaving but you come back the next day.
The joke's gone stale.

You don't even know who B. Panther's villains are :V

Chill bro and just ignore me. I'll post whatever I like and you do the same.

Top Bottom