• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

Owzers

I can't be certain but it looks like the black paint spot on the front of my batwoman statue's bat is growing...i tried to use an eraser on it because i read something about it on the internet when searching about tilted headed funko bobbles but now i'm thinking that is a bunch of nonsense.

Internet nonsense.

TheFlow

Banned
Yup. Time travel was involved. It was up to three Thors to take down this dude.

Then yea Last days of Magic is similar but cross dimensional/multiple realities.

This dude rekted all the magic users including Wanda, Magik, doctor voodoo and more.

I also loved the flash back of Doctor Strange first training under the ancient one. that was really cool how they did. plus the epic fight in #6 is definitely an Eye-orgasm when it comes to art. It like the page becomes 3-D

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
WAT!?

oh God damn it.

RIP Darwyn. You were one of the greats.

I just learned he had cancer today and now just saw kurt busiek on twitter say RIP so I guess it was in the final stages >_<

Fuck cancer, it terrifies me

I just learned he had cancer today and now just saw kurt busiek on twitter say RIP so I guess it was in the final stages >_<

Yeah, it's starting to pop up on twitter.

They said he was going into palliative care, which is like hospice. It pretty much means it's a matter of when, not if.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
BATGIRL_37_Cooke_var.jpg

Dat wonderful art tho :(

Rhaknar

Did he do any Marvel stuff? I love that cartoony stuff as you know. Also no joke but yhats another artist that would be awesome on Squirrel Girl :/

Efit: kurt busiek deleted the tweet also.

TheFlow

Banned
Did he do any Marvel stuff? I love that cartoony stuff as you know. Also no joke but yhats another artist that would be awesome on Squirrel Girl :/

Efit: kurt busiek deleted the tweet also.

Spider man, Wolverine and doop, and an issue of X force.

Rhaknar

Yooooooooo

e2f5d5a510c1289316dfd11bbede7507.jpg

Ive never read this. Time to fix this

Rhaknar

What does his art remind me off? DC animated stuff right?

VanWinkle

I wish we could get an official statement on this. Twitter's blowing up with it but there's no statement about it. Maybe I'm just in denial, but still.

Rhaknar

Yeah. I mean, who knows, maybe it's true, but it seems like nobody is trying to find the original source and are just going off what everyone else is saying.

The source was a mike allred tweet

Rhaknar

Which was deleted a good while, and the tweets keep pouring in. Ugh, it's just frustrating that everybody is posting without trying to find a confirmation and/or statement.

Who is this "everybody"?

Rhaknar

Oh I'm looking at the Live tab of "Darwyn Cooke" on Twitter. Getting like 20+ tweets a minute ever people saying "RIP" and stuff to that effect.

My bad I thought you meant us

VanWinkle

So there was one "source" (I quote that because it was completely unsubstantiated) which was the Joe Shuster Awards website. They were reporting Cooke's death but didn't say where they got the information. Well they have since deleted the article, so there's literally ZERO sources on this, but people still keep tweeting RIP faster than I can keep up.

I wish people (on Twitter) would do the slightest bit of research before just accepting something as fact.

Yeah

I just spent almost $80 getting Zenith and each of the four books is under 150 pages

Now order the gorgeous slipcase from the 2000AD website to house them.

I can't be certain but it looks like the black paint spot on the front of my batwoman statue's bat is growing...i tried to use an eraser on it because i read something about it on the internet when searching about tilted headed funko bobbles but now i'm thinking that is a bunch of nonsense.

Internet nonsense.

This paint obsession is straight out of some Poe short story.

Top Bottom