• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Jokes old. Stop saying it please. I have comics to talk about.

Is that what this group is for? I thought we all just waited around for Kipp to pop in so we could learn more about the fabled land of New Hampshire, with its republic of bananas and its hunting of heads.

I've been wondering do they put Bucky into ensemble cast for this movie, seems like he was put their so he could get a bit more growth before Infinity War.

My real hope is that Shuri is played as being Peter Parker's age myself.

Because part of the reason they got the actor on a looooong-ass contract is because he'll eventually become Cap. Gotta build him up to it.

Oh man! Doom is amazing! Playing on PC with mouse and keyboard and it's so great. Feels like a modern refresh of doom. The game is very fast when you up the FOV. No reloads, no plot, no aim down sights, no fall damage, finding keys fun!

I know some were on the fence but if you like doom games buy it. I've been about an hour in and had to force to stop for dinner. Feels like the true Doom 3

Messi

Oh man! Doom is amazing! Playing on PC with mouse and keyboard and it's so great. Feels like a modern refresh of doom. The game is very fast when you up the FOV. No reloads, no plot, no aim down sights, no fall damage, finding keys fun!

I know some were on the fence but if you like doom games buy it. I've been about an hour in and had to force to stop for dinner. Feels like the true Doom 3

Watching the Giant Bomb quicklook right now and I think I am sold. It looks really fun.

tim1138

Oh awesome, I've been tempted to pick this up and now I will.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

A co-worker asked me about this earlier in the week and I told him it would probably be shit.

I guess I better let him know it's not terrible.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Finished Lando. Man this whole Marvel Star Wars thing has been pure gold with some exceptions here and there.

Edit: ditto for Kanan.

Southern Bastards is excellent. Scalped is supposed to be fantastic (next on my reading list)

So...how's The Goddamned? Anyone reading that?

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Southern Bastards is excellent. Scalped is supposed to be fantastic (next on my reading list)

So...how's The Goddamned? Anyone reading that?

People seemed to be pretty positive on the first few issues of The Goddamned. Haven't heard much about it in a while though.

I have not read it myself though.

Aizo

Banned
Just read the two X23 prequel minis. They were... okay? I really didn't like the first one (don't get me started on the Japanese), but it seems like Liu's X23 run is better. I hope.

It sucks to see some of the news that's been popping up here

Seriously Fuck off cancer

In some good news I finally got the cast off my hand that was recovering from removing a pyogenic granuloma. Now I just have a shallow hole in my hand that will take some time to recover.

Also COMICS TO READ
qZLUxbB.jpg

tim1138

In some good news I finally got the cast off my hand that was recovering from removing a pyogenic granuloma. Now I just have a shallow hole in my hand that will take some time to recover.

Also COMICS TO READ

How are those Sweet Tooth deluxe editions?

TheFlow

Banned

Also COMICS TO READ

Ah so thick so juicy. Might have to get those sweet tooth

Boothisman.jif her first ongoing is really good and for me at least makes her new run all the better because you really have a grasp on how far her character has come.
I wouldn't know lol

Owzers

Finished the Deadpool movie, i thought it was both fantastic and kinda iffy. I loved the parts with
Colossus and negasonic both the beginning segment and the last part of the movie. But everything around that is slightly iffy for me, i didn't care much about Wade's origin story, i'm origined out and wished the movie had more of a story which is what so many cape movies lack, there's no substance to fall back on and no matter how amazing the best parts were as a whole i'm kinda bored
I'd give it a solid 7.

I also forgot about ebay auctions for the Hughes Harley and Poison Ivy i was watching, i could have had at least one statue to paint....

How are those Sweet Tooth deluxe editions?

I am never disappointed with DC/Vertigo Deluxe Editions in quality, the extras are some early sketches and pin-up art, the binding is the glue/sewn hybrid I think, good paper and a good amount of issues.

The price is good too, $30 cover price with the instocktrades discount.
That's an amazing haul, man.
:D
I envy you for that Teen Titans omni. Such a nostalgic series for me.
I got it from Hamiltonbook for fifty bucks, I think someone here mentioned it a few pages back, no way would I let that price get away from me.

VanWinkle

I'm pretty proud of my OHC collection these days. There's a lot of good stuff in there (and, sure, a few not-that-great things).

Only category I really feel lacking on is Marvel omnis, but I don't know how much that will ever improve. It's a combination of generally more expensive books than DC and tons of OOP stuff. Like, I would LIKE to have the Bendis Daredevil omnis, and all of the Brubaker Cap omnis, and several others, but they're all long OOP. Then there's the new GoTG omni, which I want to get, but feel overwhelmed by cosmic events surrounding the run that it is pretty ingrained in.

Man, comics is an expensive hobby

Anyway, picked up the current issues of Goddamned and all of The Metabarons. Heard a ton of great stuff about the latter, and after Prophet and Saga, I'm itching for some more epic sci-fi

TheFlow

Banned
Doctor Strange #4-7

IDC what anyone says if this book is hands down one of the best if not the best thing to ever brew out of ANAD. So many "oh shit this is great" moments. For anyone who stopped reading...pick that shit back up it gets better and better and better. Last Days of Magic is firing on cylinders. I am going to pick

like damn.

Doctor Strange: Last Days of Magic #1
haha what a great issue. It basically gives you a lil story on some of the wizards and wtiches you might not be familiar with in the Marvel Universe. I loved the Wu and hope she occurs more.

Best books that I have read in order. Still gotta read 3 issues of Vision.
1.Doctor Strange
2.Power Man and Iron Fist
3.Ultimates
4.Vision
4.Moon Knight.(honestly too early to list but still better than most)
5.Black Panther(same as moon knight)

Tl:DR Doctor Strange is in the Amazing tier up there with Vision and ultimates. People are going to be talking about this run for years./5

Man, comics is an expensive hobby

Anyway, picked up the current issues of Goddamned and all of The Metabarons. Heard a ton of great stuff about the latter, and after Prophet and Saga, I'm itching for some more epic sci-fi

Yeah

I just spent almost $80 getting Zenith and each of the four books is under 150 pages

TheFlow

Banned
maaaaaaaaan you haven't read Thor: God of Thunder? You need to get on it. It's by Aaron too.

The basic gist is that a villain has a hatred of gods and has a plan to destroy them all at once.

I refused to read Marvel for a long time lol.

Ok so the plan was to destroy all gods in existence. like universe wise. multiple dimensions?

Top Bottom