• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Mofucker I got books on books!

Too many!

detail.jpg

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Cute doggy. Looks just like your avatar.

Should have named it Harden though.

Yeah that's Apollo. He's mine too. He's older now though.

Also it still amazes me that Harden became a star in the NBA. He moved like a geriatric old man at Arizona State.

Tizoc

Just beat Uncharted 4
Good fucking riddance
Game really dragged at the end. Disliked any time I had to shooty bang people, and it really should've been a straight up adventure game with less climbing on walls and the final battle should've been a traditional QTE.

Humor got stale by the end; these people can't go 2 minutes without saying a funny quip.

This game really is like golf; a good walk wasted.

In other related news did anyone get their books from the Atomic Robo kickstarter?

New Avengers: Illuminati #1 - #5/Avengers #7-#12,#12.1: I don't know how there can be such a large quality gap between two Bendis Avengers books written at about the same time. This felt very disconnected, more gimme-paycheck Bendis than the involved Bendis from the New Avengers issues.

Illuminati seemed to just be a string of random issues. Where did this Beyonder person come from abruptly? The issue where they were talking about their girlfriends/wives was just... ugh.

Why did what looks like a random C-Tier villain almost collect all the infinity stones? Why did Steve Rogers' righteous indignation not last more than 3 issues before he joined the Illuminati?

Ultimates v3 #1 - #12: This was ok I guess. Started looking rather interesting but nothing was seriously developed and the end was such a fizzle out.

Squire

Banned
New Avengers: Illuminati #1 - #5/Avengers #7-#12,#12.1: I don't know how there can be such a large quality gap between two Bendis Avengers books written at about the same time. This felt very disconnected, more gimme-paycheck Bendis than the involved Bendis from the New Avengers issues.

Illuminati seemed to just be a string of random issues. Where did this Beyonder person come from abruptly? The issue where they were talking about their girlfriends/wives was just... ugh.

Why did what looks like a random C-Tier villain almost collect all the infinity stones? Why did Steve Rogers' righteous indignation not last more than 3 issues before he joined the Illuminati?

Ultimates v3 #1 - #12: This was ok I guess. Started looking rather interesting but nothing was seriously developed and the end was such a fizzle out.

Illuminati is right up there with Secret Warriors (actually above it) as a Bendis concept that Hickman actually delivers on, don't you worry.

Hagi

I'm in a Planet Hulk kind of mood today. Am I gonna read it? Absolute not, but that's how I'm feeling.

Maybe you should watch it?

Cameron Stewart is posting some heartfelt things about Darwyn Cooke on twitter so RIP Darwyn. New Frontier is amazing stuff.

Zombine

Banned
I mean I guess they could be wrong but a lot of his seemingly close friends are posting about it so YMMV

But it wasn't on comicbook.com so it can't be real.

Smfh.

Regardless, RIP Cooke. My only regret was not getting to meet you at NYCC. Thank you for all of the stunning work which I have admired for a long time.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
But it wasn't on comicbook.com so it can't be real.

Smfh.

Regardless, RIP Cooke. My only regret was not getting to meet you at NYCC. Thank you for all of the stunning work which I have admired for a long time.
Maybe its possible that people are confused because you all shitted on Rhanar earlier because when he began to start with the RIPs.
Also, I dont creep relatives of Comicbook artists on Twitter.

Hagi

Maybe its possible that people are confused because you all shitted on Rhanar earlier because when he began to start with the RIPs.

"you all" I mean I wasn't even awake at that time. As for the shitty creeper comment I follow a lot of artists on twitter who are friends with him so you can kindly piss off with that shit.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
"you all" I mean I wasn't even awake at that time. As for the shitty creeper comment I follow a lot of artists on twitter who are friends with him so you can kindly piss off with that shit.
I would have quoted you if I had been talking to you.

I don't either? Get over yourself. Cameron Stewart clearly knows something that everyone else doesn't.
Maybe you could start to stop write so snooty posts?

Zombine

Banned
Maybe you could start to stop write so snooty posts?

Please inform me how me expressing my condolences toward an artist I have enjoyed for years as "snooty." Last time I checked I wasn't the one trying to infer that I stalk artists family members on Twitter

when I don't even have one.

I am trying this sous vide style cooking for the first time ever. Hopefully I don't give myself food poisoning. If I don't make it, y'all can have any Geoff Johns books I have in my collection.

Illuminati is right up there with Secret Warriors (actually above it) as a Bendis concept that Hickman actually delivers on, don't you worry.

Hopefully. Will start on it today.

Finished New Frontier last night. Purely coincidental that I purchased it in last week in the Comixology sale, but it makes the news of his passing hit much harder then it otherwise would. Gorgeous art and incredible writing.

Glad to see Comics GAF handle this with maturity and not get into a pissing contest of who knew what on Twitter and when. Twitter has always been a mistake. Comics GAF doesn't have to be.

Zombine

Banned
Finished New Frontier last night. Purely coincidental that I purchased it in last week in the Comixology sale, but it makes the news of his passing hit much harder then it otherwise would. Gorgeous art and incredible writing.

Glad to see Comics GAF handle this with maturity and not get into a pissing contest of who knew what on Twitter and when. Twitter has always been a mistake. Comics GAF doesn't have to be.

Genuinely one of my favorite self contained DC books, and the movie is pretty damn good as well.

Also, trust me. I just popped my head in say RIP after seeing the post about Cameron and verifying after a Google search (because I wasn't ready to believe it either) and then whatever the heck just happened happened lol.

Hagi

I never read the extra issue, didn't even know it existed before today. Is it worth a read?

Comics GAF was always a mistake. Leaving this community, CIA, Rafa to be new Marvel EIC

Genuinely one of my favorite self contained DC books, and the movie is pretty damn good as well.

Also, trust me. I just popped my head in say RIP after seeing the post about Cameron and verifying after a Google search (because I wasn't ready to believe it either) and then whatever the heck just happened happened lol.

My take, too. Favorite DC book to date. They way he ties everyone together in the end...damn.

I never read the extra issue, didn't even know it existed before today. Is it worth a read?

Comics GAF was always a mistake. Leaving this community, CIA, Rafa to be new Marvel EIC

It's basically side stories that happen concurrently. Or after. Or before. He specifically says the continuity is irrelevant. Simple stuff, but I think it complements the run nicely.

Hagi

It's basically side stories that happen concurrently. Or after. Or before. He specifically says the continuity is irrelevant. Simple stuff, but I think it complements the run nicely.

Sounds cool I'm just going to buy the whole thing digitally and give it a read tomorrow. I want to read his Spirit run but they only seem to have the Batman crossover on CMX.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

dude I didnt beging with the RIPs >_> I saw a kurt busiek tweet and assumed it was real because we just had reports Cooke had some sort of agressive cancer. You say it like I did it to get some jollies or something

TheFlow

Banned
Vision #5-7

Good issues and #7 is hands down my favorite so far.

1.Doctor Strange
2. The Ultimates
3.Power Man and Iron Fist
4.Vision
5.Moon Knight and Black Panther. Tie

Hagi

Rhaknar really did ignore me for my Squirrel Girl comment Q_Q

You went too far he takes his furries very seriously.

Vision #5-7

Good issues and #7 is hands down my favorite so far.

1.Doctor Strange
2. The Ultimates
3.Power Man and Iron Fist
4.Vision
5.Moon Knight and Black Panther. Tie

I really need to read Ultimates and Vision, the latter especially. Everyone seems to be singing Visions praises.

TheFlow

Banned
You went too far he takes his furries very seriously.

I really need to read Ultimates and Vision, the latter especially. Everyone seems to be singing Visions praises.

Vision is good But Doctor Strange should be your #1 priority.

Ultimates will blow any readers mind.

Rhaknar

you guys shouldnt sleep on Cullen Bunn's Moon Knight when Warren "I only write 6 issues of books because lol shut up thats why" Ellis left, its pretty good take on his crazyness. Its mostly stand alone stories tho, instead of a "arc"

no he cant see, because youre a crazy motherfucker and theres nothing there
or Kanshu is only visible by her disciples

TheFlow

Banned
Imo Vision is the best book Marvel currently publishes.
Nah. Strange!

I felt like #5-6 were a lil weaker than the previous 4 issues. 7 made up for it. Doctor Strange on the otherhand started off amazing and has only gotten better per issue which is crazy

Rhaknar

is that lady from issue 2 back in later issues? and if so, does she talk to the snakes? :eek:

TheFlow

Banned
is that lady from issue 2 back in later issues? and if so, does she talk to the snakes? :eek:

Yes she is and no she doesn't. She just hangs out with Wong and stuff. She is the reason behind Last days of magic #1.

I wish I could find pics to post from the recent issues because they are gorgeous.

Strange fighting Giant Tiger things with a Sword and dagger is awesome

Rhaknar

Yes she is and no she doesn't. She just hangs out with Wong and stuff. She is the reason behind Last days of magic #1.

I wish I could find pics to post from the recent issues because they are gorgeous.

Strange fighting Giant Tiger things with a Sword and dagger is awesome

oh well Strange did tell her not to talk to the snakes :(

Rhaknar

does Magik ever show up? She still says shes training with him

Top Bottom