• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| May 2017 - Every Empire Falls

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's nothing, I ended up saving over $100 and my cart was around $60 (including several non-Image books) with mine. I made out like a thief.

I buy most books I want the day they come out, so there wasn't too much that I'd been meaning to pick up. I'm still thrilled that the coupon took a $50 bill down to $16.

I played 15 minutes more of horizon, it's like a less fun zelda botw

I'm of the opposite opinion. I get that Zelda is a masterpiece, but it didn't sink its hooks into me like Horizon. Might just be open world overload, but I sunk maybe 10-12 hours into Zelda and haven't been back. Horizon is a legit 10/10 for me.

My boy and I are loving Mario Kart, so that's where all my Switch time is going. I'm also diving back in to Marvel Heroes on the PS4
(after sinking well over 1,000 hours into it on the PC, because I make good use of my free time).

Speaking of Ellis, characterization and touches of humour......I still haven't read any of The Wild Storm :( I did just this minute finish up Injection vol 2 though, and it had all three of those things! Still a great book. I kiiiind of feel that with another other arc under the belt, the book didn't necessarily forward the overall plot significantly from where it left off last time BUT it is a magnificently written book. Great investigation, characters, dialogue, art, blah blah. Vivek is just the best.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Feels like Bungie fixing issues with Destiny 1, like a game mulligan. Bright side, they're reconnected with the Halo within, from the campaign mission and Strike I played.

I hope the whole campaign has the scale and set pieces like that first mission. It's the one thing that I missed the most going from Halo to Destiny.

Messi

I've never played a single second of any Zelda. So that must make me the least biased and perfect man for the job of reviewing Zelda.

Owzers

I've never played a single second of any Zelda. So that must make me the least biased and perfect man for the job of reviewing Zelda.
You should play botw, outside of weapons breaking and not exactly having good quests, it's prettttty good. Only the second Zelda I really played, beat wind waker after taking months off when I got to the fetch quest on GameCube and a little bit of link to the past till I got lost, some ocarina on 3ds that I need to get back to and 5 minutes of majoras 3ds which I don't like the time limit thing.

Messi

You should play botw, outside of weapons breaking and not exactly having good quests, it's prettttty good. Only the second Zelda I really played, beat wind waker after taking months off when I got to the fetch quest on GameCube and a little bit of link to the past till I got lost, some ocarina on 3ds that I need to get back to and 5 minutes of majoras 3ds which I don't like the time limit thing.

Is it like Overwatch?

PsychBat!

Banned
If this goes where I think it goes, let me just say that I've only played several Zelda games and out of those several, I've played one to completion. I am a Zelda fan but not to the extent where I have to force tears for a reaction video or masturbate every time a new Zelda trailer comes out. My emotions when it comes to new Zelda trailers or gameplay videos range from "neat" to "that's interesting" to "i'll buy this". Only when I play the actual game do these overwhelmingly positive seemingly hyperbolic praises every reviewer chants about have actual merit. I didn't get the game day one. But when I did get it, it blew every open world game out of the water, and I've played plenty.

Hoping to start A Link Between Worlds for the first time soon. I was never able to find it cheap when I had a 3DS, and I just rebought one. A Link to the Past is my favourite Zelda game so having a thematic sequel to that is rad.

They certainly knew what they were doing with the title screen music anyway.

I got Pokemon Sun as well though, I'm playing a lot of that the last few days.
I loved A Link Between Worlds and yeah, the soundtrack is excellent. I mainly bought my 3DS for it and didn't regret it.

VanWinkle

I'm of the opposite opinion. I get that Zelda is a masterpiece, but it didn't sink its hooks into me like Horizon. Might just be open world overload, but I sunk maybe 10-12 hours into Zelda and haven't been back. Horizon is a legit 10/10 for me.

My boy and I are loving Mario Kart, so that's where all my Switch time is going. I'm also diving back in to Marvel Heroes on the PS4
(after sinking well over 1,000 hours into it on the PC, because I make good use of my free time).

Agreed. Although I got about 25 hours into BOTW. I can acknowledge that it's a great game, but I just dislike a lot of the design decisions.

Aizo

Banned
You leave that young lady alone. She's probably in a relationship.
Haha. I didn't hit on her. I asked her if it was a gift, and she said she bought it for herself. She was cool, though. We just talked about Japanese Metal and shit.

Messi

Haha. I didn't hit on her. I asked her if it was a gift, and she said she bought it for herself. She was cool, though. We just talked about Japanese Metal and shit.

Do trains run late in Japan? I assume you met this lady out drinking in a pub. I don't even know if they have a train or a renfe system.

Savitar

Monstress is definitely worth the read that everyone said it was. I can't wait to read the second volume. Absolute a must read.

Currently going through IDW's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and it's a great read too albeit for it's own reasons. Definitely familiar and different in some nice ways that helps keep things from being absolutely similar to the past takes.

I missed the news that DC was raising the prices on their monthly titles to $3.99. Wasn't the $2.99 price point a massive part of the marketing focus for Rebirth?

I guess we can all stop giving Marvel shit for their more expensive books. Or give DC shit, too.

Messi

I missed the news that DC was raising the prices on their monthly titles to $3.99. Wasn't the $2.99 price point a massive part of the marketing focus for Rebirth?

I guess we can all stop giving Marvel shit for their more expensive books. Or give DC shit, too.

The raised the price on the monthly books by a dollar and added a digital code for the issue. Monthly issues on comixology are still 2.99 as are the bi weekly books.

They got shit on here when it was announced a few months ago.

Aizo

Banned
Did I ever post pics from the Marvel exhibit in Tokyo last month?
Do trains run late in Japan? I assume you met this lady out drinking in a pub. I don't even know if they have a train or a renfe system.
In big cities, it's typically until around 12:00am to 12:30. No over night trains outside of bullet trains really. I'm in Osaka this weekend, and I posted that last night while trains were still running. At the end of the night, we had to take a taxi at 3am since there were no trains, though. The other option is waiting till like 6am for the trains to start.

What's renfe?

The raised the price on the monthly books by a dollar and added a digital code for the issue. Monthly issues on comixology are still 2.99 as are the bi weekly books.

They got shit on here when it was announced a few months ago.

Wait, the digital stuff will remain $2.99? Only the physical books are going up in price? Zero impact to me then.

Seems like Marvel is doing something stupid with physical books, too. Two separate codes, neither for the book you just purchased? LOL.

Direct sales model leads both companies to shenanigans.

Wait, the digital stuff will remain $2.99? Only the physical books are going up in price? Zero impact to me then.

Seems like Marvel is doing something stupid with physical books, too. Two separate codes, neither for the book you just purchased? LOL.

Direct sales model leads both companies to shenanigans.

Marvel actually went back on that and they're doing digital versions of the physical again

Wish they would make their Comixology books cheaper like DC, but it is what it is

Messi

Did I ever post pics from the Marvel exhibit in Tokyo last month?

In big cities, it's typically until around 12:00am to 12:30. No over night trains outside of bullet trains really. I'm in Osaka this weekend, and I posted that last night while trains were still running. At the end of the night, we had to take a taxi at 3am since there were no trains, though. The other option is waiting till like 6am for the trains to start.

What's renfe?

Renfe is an underground rail system. It's pretty handy. It's like the Luas but underground and much faster.

You couldn't stay in the bar with the girl or rent a room? Seems dangerous.

holy shit at that image coupon

Pls you guys are rubbing it in

The best savings. Just tremendous, tremendous savings.

Monstress is definitely worth the read that everyone said it was. I can't wait to read the second volume. Absolute a must read.

Currently going through IDW's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and it's a great read too albeit for it's own reasons. Definitely familiar and different in some nice ways that helps keep things from being absolutely similar to the past takes.

Welcome to good comics. I have a hard time deciding whether the art or the writing in Monstress is better. It's one of my favorite books.

Messi

The best savings. Just tremendous, tremendous savings.

Welcome to good comics. I have a hard time deciding whether the art or the writing in Monstress is better. It's one of my favorite books.

It's the art.

This Beastcast comics section is as painful as you guys described. No one warned me Dan goes in on Harley Quinn. :(

Sandfox

All of the Image books are just going to go on sale in July anyways. I'll probably get into new stuff like God Country and Curse Words then if they don't put some dumb limitation on the sale like their most recent ones.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I had no idea they were adapting I Kill Giants.

http://screenanarchy.com/2017/05/i-kill-giants-first-images-from-the-graphic-novel-adaptation.html
uBfeWXe.jpg

Then again, A Monster Calls is pretty much I Kill Giants, so that might've beat them to the punch.

What does that mean? I've never played a Halo game.

Destiny felt mechanically great. The shooting and abilities mechanics were rather smooth and intuitive. The problem is the world felt dead and the narrative went nowhere. There was no hook to hang your head on.

Halo was very good at providing context and an interesting wrapper on what was largely a basic first-person shooter. Bungie seemingly lost that with most of Destiny. Destiny 2 looks like they've gotten that groove back.

Destiny felt mechanically great. The shooting and abilities mechanics were rather smooth and intuitive. The problem is the world felt dead and the narrative went nowhere. There was no hook to hang your head on.

Halo was very good at providing context and an interesting wrapper on what was largely a basic first-person shooter. Bungie seemingly lost that with most of Destiny. Destiny 2 looks like they've gotten that groove back.

That's good to hear, but the part where Destiny lost me was the MMO aspects. I very much wanted a game I could play solo. If Destiny 2 is more of the same, I'm probably not going to bother with this one, either. It also seems weird that they wouldn't go in for dedicated servers for something like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom