• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2016. Wilde for comics, 2 Hickman books this month.

Boogiepop

That Catwoman / Prez Election Night one-shot just reminded me there won't be anymore Prez. God dammit DC, pull your heads out of your asses.

Wait, I knew Prez got downgraded to one last one-shot, but I didn't realize that was this. I was skimming the new books and read it as some sort of weird Catwoman presidential election special. Whoops! So did Prez get downgraded to also being a backup in a Catwoman book, or did Catwoman get jammed into the last issue or something? Either way I guess I'll pick it up and bite the bullet of paying for some Catwoman (who really, really doesn't interest me at all, like, as a character, Like, not that I hate her, just find her bland) in order to pick this up.

In more TWD progression news, nearly caught up. on ish 155.

Dwight is a wonderful character. Shame the cast is so god damn large nowadays that people like jay-z dont get more frame time.

And where are they now?

You gon pretend that DC aint gon hit the reset button on that family bidness in the next 3-5 years?

Did they? They were always on the verge of cancellation.

nah b. only when they got shit writers. (which was 95% of the time, tbqh).

WicDiv is so weird this time. It's in an actual magazine format. Like, with articles and stuff. In-canon, but still heavier reading than I'm up for tonight.

Wait, I knew Prez got downgraded to one last one-shot, but I didn't realize that was this. I was skimming the new books and read it as some sort of weird Catwoman presidential election special. Whoops! So did Prez get downgraded to also being a backup in a Catwoman book, or did Catwoman get jammed into the last issue or something?

It's about half and half.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..................

17YU02M.gif

Fuck you 8th inning just...........FUCK.

Ross61

Dwight is a wonderful character. Shame the cast is so god damn large nowadays that people like jay-z dont get more frame time.

You gon pretend that DC aint gon hit the reset button on that family bidness in the next 3-5 years?

They ain't hit reset on Damian yet. Hell, they don't even need Kon-El anymore.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

They make shit writers out of everyone because they are just lame characters.

Sandfox

The Fantastic Four had some pretty strong writers for their last few runs.

Ross61

Reading Superman #10 now, and Jesus Christ is Superman's behavior erratic. His mood changes on a flip of a dime.

Edit: Loved this issue. Just further cements my belief that Super Sons will be excellent. But
how dare Jon stand up for himself against my precious Damian! Little bastard sucker punched my little Robin! FUCK HIM!

jurgen

They make shit writers out of everyone because they are just lame characters.

I'd give you this for everyone but Reed. Hickman's FF run made him one of the most interesting Marvel characters at the time.

Reading Superman #10 now, and Jesus Christ is Superman's behavior erratic. His mood changes on a flip of a dime.

I think it made sense. He entered the issue and scene thinking Jon was kidnapped and then de-escalated from there. Super Sons is going to be too much damn fun (dat Jimenez art...)

On an unrelated note:

Humphries is somehow becoming a writer I enjoy a lot. His GL is a blast.

mreddie

You sure, I mean Weirdworld was good but his Starlord was the pits. Also, has GL gotten any better, I'm not a GL fan as much as Flash but I do like the mythos.

Sam Humphries is all over the map for me, but his recent Image limited, Citizen Jack, was terrific. I might do a write-up for it next week so you will all know how Trump is going to steal this thing

jurgen

You sure, I mean Weirdworld was good but his Starlord was the pits. Also, has GL gotten any better, I'm not a GL fan as much as Flash but I do like the mythos.

Starlord was crappy partly because he was saddled with editorial movie synergy™ and couldn't rock the status quo at all because it was at the mercy of what Bendis was doing. Remember Kitty Pryde doing the stupid "Ooga Chaka?"

He had a string of shit-bombs at Marvel starting with him dropping the ball on Hickman's Ultimates run at the end. Though Avengers A.I. convinced me that he is potentially a great writer. His take on Hank Pym was actually brilliant and I was surprised no one went there before.

But GLs has been surprisingly good. Baz and Jessica make an entertaining buddy cop duo and he's expanding the mythos a little more.

mreddie

It's weird, mostly all the writers do good books from Sci Fi, Capes, Spy, Detective, Slice of Life but yet alsmot all are trapped with one Capes book and they can't do much in.

Lemire/Soule have the same issue.

jurgen

It's weird, mostly all the writers do good books from Sci Fi, Capes, Spy, Detective, Slice of Life but yet alsmot all are trapped with one Capes book and they can't do much in.

Lemire/Soule have the same issue.

Lemire's issue is team books. He can never juggle a huge cast.

Soule's issue is writing for Marvel. His quality tanked drastically as soon as he signed that exclusive. I swear they must have just copyrighted the name "Charles Soule" and let Frank Tieri write under an alias...

Ross61

I'd give you this for everyone but Reed. Hickman's FF run made him one of the most interesting Marvel characters at the time.

I think it made sense. He entered the issue and scene thinking Jon was kidnapped and then de-escalated from there. Super Sons is going to be too much damn fun (dat Jimenez art...)

On an unrelated note:

Humphries is somehow becoming a writer I enjoy a lot. His GL is a blast.

Oh, Superman's behavior going from 0-10 has been a common theme from Rebirth. He was all shoot first and ask questions later with Eradicator. Even though he was proven right, with his past history with his own Eradicator I don't think he would've jumped the gun so fast. Also the way he treated his neighbor when Jon needed. I can get that he feels very protective of his family and fatherhood changes people tho.

Top Bottom