• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2016. Wilde for comics, 2 Hickman books this month.

I really want to know what the plans for ASM are post-CC. I wouldn't be surprised if at some point RYV was brought over to the main universe if people support this direction, especially when you look at Superman over at DC.

I think it depends on how RYV is received. If people say, "hey I remember this guy! Yeahhhh this rules!" then...maybe, maybe.

But. Killing 616 Peter and replacing him with nuPeter is a much taller order than replacing n52 Supes with OG Supes. If people think of RYV Peter as OG Peter (and buy the shit out of RYV), that changes everything.

I definitely think it's best to assume they will probably do nothing because it's a much different situation, but stranger things have happened.

Is that actually going to happen? Seems pretty insane to me
that they would even think about letting Doctor bloody Doom join the Avengers. Even if he does look like Vincent Cassel.

Confirmed happening. He's in the teaser image.

Hagi

Really no need to spoiler tag something that was announced months ago. He even had his own book as Ironman.

If I knew it had been announced I wouldn't have asked if it was happening. Not a fan of the Ironman stuff at all but then I haven't liked anything about the way Bendis has written him since he became Tonys weird stalker.

Confirmed happening. He's in the teaser image.

Huh should be interesting to see how they all come to terms with that . I hope it comes up in Sams main book. Somewhere in some strange dimension the hair on the back of Reed Richards neck are standing on end.

TheFlow

Banned
If I knew it had been announced I wouldn't have asked if it was happening. Not a fan of the Ironman stuff at all but then I haven't liked anything about the way Bendis has written him since he became Tonys weird stalker.

after ruling the universe it is down hill for Doom achievement wise.

I liked how it ended though and can't wait to see
what happens between them at the tail end of CW2. We seem to be missing a piece between Invincible and Infamous

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I need to get back to Invincible (well, I need to get back to comics in general really), did Tony warm up to Doom eventually or is he always a dick?

Justifiably so mind you, it is Doom afterall, but still :p

Sandfox

I think it depends on how RYV is received. If people say, "hey I remember this guy! Yeahhhh this rules!" then...maybe, maybe.

But. Killing 616 Peter and replacing him with nuPeter is a much taller order than replacing n52 Supes with OG Supes. If people think of RYV Peter as OG Peter, that changes everything.

If they were to make that change I would imagine it involving Mephisto rather than killing and replacing Peter.

I think how people feel about ASM will also play a factor because if people continue to be down on the book after CC, but you see them preferring RYV I wouldn't be surprised if it happened.

Huh should be interesting to see how they all come to terms with that . I hope it comes up in Sams main book. Somewhere in some strange dimension the hair on the back of Reed Richards neck are standing on end.

You know what's interesting about that?

In Hickman's Fantastic Four run, a member of the Council of Reeds tells 616 Reed that Dr. Doom is the greatest threat to the universe and that Reed is basically the only thing standing in his way.

Well, he ain't around anymore. And look at what's happening.

Hagi

after ruling the universe it is down hill for Doom achievement wise.

Yup to me this has all been pretty lame. I'm not even against the whole redemption thing it's just Bendis plus latching him onto Tony leaves a lot to be desired.

I liked how it ended though and can't wait to see
what happens between them at the tail end of CW2. We seem to be missing a piece between Invincible and Infamous

Maybe if the scheduling wasn't so borked and Civil War was actually finished I'd have had a better time with the first issue but it's difficult to go into something with an already negative perception. I did like the flashback at least!

I need to get back to Invincible (well, I need to get back to comics in general really), did Tony warm up to Doom eventually or is he always a dick?

Justifiably so mind you, it is Doom afterall, but still :p

Tony warm up to Doom?

Lol no, Bendis writes a competent Tony

TheFlow

Banned
Yup to me this has all been pretty lame. I'm not even against the whole redemption thing it's just Bendis plus latching him onto Tony leaves a lot to be desired.

Maybe if the scheduling wasn't so borked and Civil War was actually finished I'd have had a better time with the first issue but it's difficult to go into something with an already negative perception. I did like the flashback at least!

I am not against Doom playing dressing up and joining the avengers because we all know he will screw them over. I just don't want a retread of superior Spider-man.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Reed and Franklin watching Doom assume the mantle of Iron Man and joining the Avengers

Son. We fucked that one up real bad

Well Valerya is right there going "I believe in you Uncle Doom" so there.

Your heartless robot.

Hagi

Reed and Franklin watching Doom assume the mantle of Iron Man and joining the Avengers

Son. We fucked that one up real bad

I'm looking forward to them eventually coming back and thinking that they made a wrong turn somewhere. Then again this is a universe where Norman Osborne was director of a massive security agency.

Kinda funny to look at HAMMER then think where SHIELD is now because god-damn if Mariah Hill is any better.

Kitty and Emma as exclusives. Now I'm convinced Funko have it out for Messi.

Jesus, I just ordered Emma this afternoon from BigBadToyStore and she's sold out already. Funko exclusives sell out like nobody's business. People go fucking crazy for things that probably cost 10 cents to manufacture.

let me know how COD is.

The more I play this campaign the more I like it. Especially when it opens up the optional missions. It gives things a somewhat more loose mission structure than past games in the series. Outer space dogfights are the best.

yes. Wall running is so awesome. so cool how you can
switch the mech loadouts at anytime

Make sure you don't miss any loadouts. Most of them are obvious, but one of them is tricky. I missed it the first time and had to go back via mission-select when I was hunting trophies.

Foolkiller #1 is a great fucking comic.

I don't believe you.

I really want to know what the plans for ASM are post-CC. I wouldn't be surprised if at some point RYV was brought over to the main universe if people support this direction, especially when you look at Superman over at DC.

Slott's got plans, also that Zodiac guy is probably coming back.
rFKe9OL.png

TheFlow

Banned
Jesus, I just ordered Emma this afternoon from BigBadToyStore and she's sold out already. Funko exclusives sell out like nobody's business. People go fucking crazy for things that probably cost 10 cents to manufacture.

The more I play this campaign the more I like it. Especially when it opens up the optional missions. It gives things a somewhat more loose mission structure than past games in the series. Outer space dogfights are the best.

Make sure you don't miss any loadouts. Most of them are obvious, but one of them is tricky. I missed it the first time and had to go back via mission-select when I was hunting trophies.

I don't believe you.
Dog fights and optional missions? This is what I always wanted.

Slow clap. I am in

The main purpose of the optional missions from an upgrade perspective is that you find the enemy armory and hack their computer for new weapon schematics and ship upgrades.

And have I mentioned that you unlock new nose art for your fighter? AAAAHHHHHHH

mreddie

Slott's got plans, also that Zodiac guy is probably coming back.
rFKe9OL.png

Already did all of those or they're coming. Slott is playing the big game and I feel we're about to finally transition writers. Zodiac is being saved after all that since Peter pushed his ass to the future.

Owzers

I'm debating digital vs trades again, it might be that i don't really value owning digital comics as much as i enjoy MU like services. So, digital browsing and reading, sure. Buying and owning series digitally? Not so much. I would rather read a physical trade than read five issues of a thing digitally.

Also, reading first volume trades is weird because a lot of the time i'm reading i'm continually asking myself "do i want to read more of this when i'm done?" So judgemental.

With the judging.

I want to main Sombra.

And i signed up for a free Amazon Prime trial that i didn't know i could do again and got Tyrande for Hearthstone.

And i baked an Apple Pie and now i'm working on finishing Autumnlands vol 1 and watching the Lakers beat the Warriors?

I saw it earlier this week and have had some time to think on it. I'd honestly put it on the same tier as Iron Man 3.
I won't lie, the second half it was almost leaning into IM3 territory. I would say Ant-Man is better than Strange. The writing and characters in Ant-Man are stronger.

Top Bottom