• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2016. Wilde for comics, 2 Hickman books this month.

Sandfox

I think they are gonna be pretty spread out but we'll see.

I hope Dust and Armor come back. What MIA mutants are you guys hoping to see in the ResX teams?
I'm guessing the two books are going to have the o5 and Claremont teams with other members added around them.
I know I'm the only one who wants this, but I really want an Uncanny Avengers-esque (yes, I know the book is still ongoing) team book with just Inhumans and X-Men. I've basically been pondering this for awhile. I can think of plenty of Inhumans candidates, but other than Rachel Grey, there aren't too many X-Men that I'd want on it.
They could pretty much just have Rogue build a team of nuhumans and x-characters not being used by the main books.

Ponn

Banned
Awesome. I'd love to get those, but the 30% discount on IST just always puts it lower down the priority list than other stuff I'm wanting that has a 42-45% discount.

yea i've been waiting for awhile and there really wasn't anything else this month except for the War of Kings omnibus so I said screw it. I'm not sure i've ever seen an IDW discount week or month.

Welcome!

I enjoyed the first issue of Surgeon X but I haven't read the second issue yet.

Also happy that Generation X is coming back as long as there aren't any O5 members on the roster.

I was also enjoying TMNT until they started getting greedy with all the tie-in crap. IDW seems even worse than Marvel/DC with that stuff.

Thanks, yeah. I need to get through the last month of comic pick ups too, so Surgeon X #2 is sitting in there for me too. Absolutely loved the first issue... gives me flash backs to Whisper from First Comics, one of my all time favorite series. I highly recommend those other books too... way my thing.

Not sure how TMNT has been the last few years. I know IDW is doing all their shared universe stuff with Revolution, but TMNT is it's own thing as far as I can tell. Wish I'd started reading this volume sooner. I'm getting Universe too, and people said #59 or #61 was apparently a good jumping on point.

Gonna try and pick up Batman x TMNT Adventures on Wednesday... I don't expect it to be anywhere near as great as Batman x TMNT was (GOAT material, instant classic for me), but it should be fun.

Ms. Marvel 11-12: I feel like the Civil War II tie-in dragged a little towards the end. I understand why we needed to see all of this but I feel the story would have benefited from tighter pacing. This started strong but kind of staggered over the finish line.
I'm so tired of Carol. Go away Carol.

Conversely, the story in #12 feels oddly truncated. I want to see more of Ms. Marvel exploring
Karachi. There feels like a lot of potential to be tapped into here. I hope this is a setting we revisit in the near future
. I suppose this was probably done for continuity reasons, since
Ms. Marvel is a big part of Champions and they couldn't have her actually take a full month away from New York/New Jersey
. Still, a nice little story with some interesting characters. Good to see CWII didn't derail this series too much.

PsychBat!

Banned
this real?

p8z9alw

Moon Knight #8
[5/5]: This is just so insane to really get a handle of. I'm going to stick with my memories clashing all at once theory from last issue. Can't wait to see how it actually plays out.

Spider-Woman #13
[3/5]: Felt like a hollow chapter, especially by the end. You know the event didn't happen so the focus on it (and the whole love thing preceding it) ontop of ending on it was just weak and makes this feel like a stop gap/filler issue rather then a strong standalone one.

Superman #10
[5/5]: Oh my god, how does this series just keep getting better and better? The small bit of dialogue about fathers between Bats and Supes was just so damn good in the context of the issue but especially the series. And the entire issue was just filled with so many great interactions. It's actually a joy to read this comic.

Oh god, I just looked out of the window and its all white.

Its beginning 😐

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I’ve tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.

Sandfox

Ms. Marvel 11-12: I feel like the Civil War II tie-in dragged a little towards the end. I understand why we needed to see all of this but I feel the story would have benefited from tighter pacing. This started strong but kind of staggered over the finish line.
I'm so tired of Carol. Go away Carol.

Conversely, the story in #12 feels oddly truncated. I want to see more of Ms. Marvel exploring
Karachi. There feels like a lot of potential to be tapped into here. I hope this is a setting we revisit in the near future
. I suppose this was probably done for continuity reasons, since
Ms. Marvel is a big part of Champions and they couldn't have her actually take a full month away from New York/New Jersey
. Still, a nice little story with some interesting characters. Good to see CWII didn't derail this series too much.

For #12
I feel that the point of story was that Kamala needed to be Ms. Marvel and in New Jersey. The Red Dagger showed us that Karachi had it's own hero with his own story(I like how Wilson intentionally didn't acknowledge the Kareem thing) and that Kamala in turn had her own place she needed to be. It would've been cool to see more issues of her there, but I think the story is stronger as a standalone.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Tomorrow I'm going to sleep right up until it's time to go to work and by the time I get home from work the election BS should be over with.

I think they are gonna be pretty spread out but we'll see.

I hope Dust and Armor come back. What MIA mutants are you guys hoping to see in the ResX teams?
Armor is my number one. Pixie and Dust are cool, too.
I'm guessing the two books are going to have the o5 and Claremont teams with other members added around them.

They could pretty much just have Rogue build a team of nuhumans and x-characters not being used by the main books.

I'd rather not have Rogue do it, but otherwise sure. Pick Tonaja, Inferno, and Flint from the Inhumans, and do like Rachel Grey, Idie, and Evan. For instance.

Sandfox

Armor is my number one. Pixie and Dust are cool, too.

I'd rather not have Rogue do it, but otherwise sure. Pick Tonaja, Inferno, and Flint from the Inhumans, and do like Rachel Grey, Idie, and Evan. For instance.

I mentioned Rogue because I'm expecting Uncanny Avengers to end in 2017 after
the Red Skull is dealt with.

jurgen

Chamber would be great on Generation X.

I was reading X-Men '92 a few months ago and decided to go back and watch that series. Now I'm fascinated with that time period's Mauraders, particularly Gorgeous George for some damn reason.

His arms are longer than normal because he forgot their normal length after getting drunk

Put this man on a damn team.

I mentioned Rogue because I'm expecting Uncanny Avengers to end in 2017 after
the Red Skull is dealt with.
That's fair. I dunno if it'd end, though, but she might leave the team.
Beautiful
Chamber would be great on Generation X.

I was reading X-Men '92 a few months ago and decided to go back and watch that series. Now I'm fascinated with that time period's Mauraders, particularly Gorgeous George for some damn reason.

Put this man on a damn team.
His name is even better when you consider that they used to be called the Nasty Boys.

Finished Thanos Rising. It was alright. I definitely never though Thanos could pull off angst, yet it happened. It's dark and creepy, and really puts some weight behind the "Mad" in "Mad Titan Thanos." I have to say that Bianchi's art has most improved, since I wasn't a fan of her run with Ellis in Astonishing X-Men, but I was in this.

All-New All-Different Avengers #15
Good story. I reall enjoyed it. Cool use of spreads and just really interesting as far as panelling goes. I also enjoyed the homage to the Silver Age though I don't remember
that era ever having that team. If I recall, Cap was basically thawed right as the old team was leaving, and Cap was left to lead Wanda, Pietro, and Clint.
All around good issue and a nice way to end things.

The Unworthy Thor #1
Good first issue. A lot of action and good character establishment. Some great lore callbacks and tie-ins. I'm very interested in a few things:
How everyone seems to know about the War of Realms save for the Thors, since we also saw the book detailing the prophecy in Jane Thor's book. Fuck, even the trolls know about it, and they can't even fucking read! Probably don't even know how to find a library or what a library even is; Who the Unseen is. Is it Nick Fury? Some other being? And finally, I also have to say that NO BILL! YOU'RE TOO GOOD FOR THIS WORLD!

Great issue, Aaron you magnificent bastard.

Finished Thanos Rising. It was alright. I definitely never though Thanos could pull off angst, yet it happened. It's dark and creepy, and really puts some weight behind the "Mad" in "Mad Titan Thanos." I have to say that Bianchi's art has most improved, since I wasn't a fan of her run with Ellis in Astonishing X-Men, but I was in on this.

Yea ill agree on the art actually, I wasn't a fan of Bianchi prior to this, not sure I'd go as far to say I really am in a big way now but I thought it was good work in that series and it fit the tone and story well. I need.to have a peek and see how the star wars stuff has been.

Skipped your thoughts on Thor to avoid spoilers but exciting, everyone unsurprisingly loves the book. I'd buy two ongoing Thor books for him too if they went that way.

Aaron putting out two Thor books, star wars, southern bastards.and the Goddard intermittently, truly a dude at the top of his game right now.

SArcher

Banned
I have a question about Marvel Unlimited (since I don't live in the US then I can't make an account). Does it have more back-issues than Marvel has available on comixology? I mean, many runs from 60s-90s are spotty at best (on Comixology that is).

I need to stop reading comics right before bed. I never remember shit unless it's something that annoyed me or made me angry. I read like 5-6 books but get in this morning to write up some reviews and all I can think about is Nailbiter annoying me because it seems like it's just spinning it's wheels. The closer it seems to getting to any kind of answer the more it seems like Williamson doesn't know what to do. We get a random dream sequence half of the issue just to reveal stuff we've really known the whole damn time.

Williamson just seems to like the weird crazy people scenes and isn't sure what to do with the book to maybe resolve any of the story lines.

TheFlow

Banned
I have a question about Marvel Unlimited (since I don't live in the US then I can't make an account). Does it have more back-issues than Marvel has available on comixology? I mean, many runs from 60s-90s are spotty at best (on Comixology that is).

I am positive it has more and for 10 bucks a month it is a great bargain.

it is even a better deal if you read a lot of comics per month because you could probably read entire runs within a month.

SArcher

Banned
I am positive it has more and for 10 bucks a month it is a great bargain.

it is even a better deal if you read a lot of comics per month because you could probably read entire runs within a month.

Do they now allow signing up if you don't live in the US?

Mindwipe

Do they now allow signing up if you don't live in the US?

For MU? Yeah, they have for years. Comixology Unlimited is still US only, for reasons that are not terribly clear, but CMX in context of this conversation was about the main, buy-issues-one-at-a-time site anyway.

I'd say that CMX and MU are pretty bloody close together for older issues. I expect Marvel probably process the digital files at the same time. Both are still a bit patchy for 80's/90's stuff in the same ways (such as my continued bugbear that the good runs of What If are missing).

Owzers

Tonight is the night
Bright lights, hype crowd
Yeah, we came to throw down
Everybody get loud

It's Trump day! I'm so excited, I've been watching cable news a lot and all the Trump surrogates say he's going to win.

Thank god for early voting. Now I can read comics instead of watching the vote lines and go crazy.

That's a lie. I'm totally playing Overwatch the entire day.

mreddie

MUU TIE INS

DOCTOR STRANGE #1.MU
Written by CHIP ZDARSKY
Art by JULIAN LOPEZ
Cover by CHIP ZDARSKY
40 pgs. – On Sale in February!

CHAMPIONS #1.MU
Written by JEREMY WHITLEY
Art by RO STEIN & TED BRANDT
Cover by SIMONE BIANCHI

UNCANNY INHUMANS #1.MU
Written by PAUL ALLOR
Art by BRIAN LEVEL
Cover by MICHAEL WALSH

ALL-NEW X-MEN #1.MU
Written by JEREMY WHITLEY
Art by CARLO BARBERI
Cover by ADAM KUBERT

Hmm. Some interesting new omnibuses in Marvel's 2017 2nd Qtr.

http://edelweiss.abovethetreeline.c...ailingID=0&mailingGroupID=0&catalogID=4069337

Dr Strange, Sorcerer Supreme Omnibus

Avengers by Hickman Omnibus!! Hopefully in a good reading order.

COLLECTING: AVENGERS (2012) 1-23, NEW AVENGERS (2013) 1-12, FREE COMIC BOOK DAY 2013: INFINITY 1, INFINITY 1-6, INFINITY: AGAINST THE TIDE INFINITE COMIC 1-2, ASTONISHING TALES: MOJOWORLD 1-6, MATERIAL FROM SHANG-CHI: MASTER OF KUNG FU (2009) 1

Loki: Journey into Mystery Omnibus!!

COLLECTING: JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY 622- 645, EXILED 1, NEW MUTANTS 42-43, THE MIGHTY THOR 18-21

Top Bottom