• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2016. Wilde for comics, 2 Hickman books this month.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Seems like Michigan is Trumpland.

I am seriously worried and I hate that evertime you guys vote there is a douche that makes me so worried -,-

You know with how DC have featured Obama in quite a few of the Rebirth books I wonder if they're going to have Clinton take his place next year. In-universe Clinton spoke at post-Crisis!Superman's funeral after Doomsday.

Drink tea and moan about the shape of chocolate bars that I don't even like?

Don't bring Toblerone into this.

I'm going to buy one tomorrow. I need to see it for myself.

You know with how DC have featured Obama in quite a few of the Rebirth books I wonder if they're going to have Clinton take his place next year. In-universe Clinton spoke at post-Crisis!Superman's funeral after Doomsday.

America needs strong leadership in a time of Crisis:

1417292433951.jpeg

He's even better at scandals than the other candidates. He engineered a giant rock of Kryptonite coming in from space and blamed it on Superman.

HOMIES has a comic? Huh.

Yeah, it was actually pretty great too, for my taste. Extremely cool art style, fully realized the characters and world with a slice of life, introduction story. 100% Latino creative team too. Looking forward to the second issue tomorrow.

The closest thing I can parallel the line work and pseudo-grahf style to is probably Kieth Giffen's really unique pencil work on Lobo Infanticide and Trencher back in the early-mid 90's.

Owzers

My nephew drew a little on my ballot so I wanted to throw it out but it registered fine.

That was a close one America.

Mother Panic will be Hillary's nickname as the voting totals come in tonight.

Ross61

Cyborg should take on a new personality esque of Teen Titans/Go. That's the one kids love most, and one where the writers could have more fun with.

New Avengers 16-17: More than half of this run has been event tie-in issues and crossovers, so it's damn impressive that it has managed to maintain momentum despite all that. Ewing has done this primarily by continuing to do his thing no matter what banner is on the front of the book. Both the Standoff issues and this CWII crossover have very little to do with their respective events, and everything to do with the continuing conflict between AIM, SHIELD and WHISPER. Enjoyed these issues and can't wait to see how it all ends.

New Super-Man #4: Great issue. That last page, ohhhhh shit. O_O Did not see that coming.

That's about as cohesive as my reviews are going to be today, I'm afraid.

Dammit.

But wasn't that meme a thing and months later, the Starfire got announced?
Not really. That got made right around when RHatO came out. Starfire's solo wasn't out until like almost 2 years later. DC's response was basically "whatever" and then Lobdell wrote #6 to be mainly Starfire focused to explain who she is in the New 52.

mreddie

Not really. That got made right around when RHatO came out. Starfire's solo wasn't out until like almost 2 years later. DC's response was basically "whatever" and then Lobdell wrote #6 to be mainly Starfire focused to explain who she is in the New 52.

And then, she got her groove back thanks to Palmotti/Conner

If I may be so bold, what was wrong with Rhato Starfire?
When first introduced she was an airhead. Then issue 6 came out and presented her as someone that wants to live free and love all around, which was an upgrade to her first appearance. Finally as the series was ending she just kinda, was there. Not much character developement after her story arc with saving her planet and Blackfire.

shingi70

Banned
When first introduced she was an airhead. Then issue 6 came out and presented her as someone that wants to live free and love all around, which was an upgrade to her first appearance. Finally as the series was ending she just kinda, was there. Not much character developement after her story arc with saving her planet and Blackfire.

First two issues were icky in that it implied she was Jason's mentally.damaged sex object.

The best route to go would have been making the three exist in a bi sexual polygamous relationship. Irrc the second red Hood book totally had some Jason/Roy ship bait.

I think they also lowered her IQ.

They made her dumb but it wasn't in a completley bad way. It was more of a not understanding humans sort of way. It was like she just came to Earth and was amazed by everything she saw or heard. It lead to some great thought bubbles when she heard random expressions.

First two issues were icky in that it implied she was Jason's mentally.damaged sex object.

The best route to go would have been making the three exist in a bi sexual polygamous relationship. Irrc the second red Hood book totally had some Jason/Roy ship bait.
It's pretty clear Jason is Bi. Whether Lobdell intentionally is leaving hints or not, it's there for whoever writes him to just come out with it.

Ross61

New Avengers 16-17: More than half of this run has been event tie-in issues and crossovers, so it's damn impressive that it has managed to maintain momentum despite all that. Ewing has done this primarily by continuing to do his thing no matter what banner is on the front of the book. Both the Standoff issues and this CWII crossover have very little to do with their respective events, and everything to do with the continuing conflict between AIM, SHIELD and WHISPER. Enjoyed these issues and can't wait to see how it all ends.

New Super-Man #4: Great issue. That last page, ohhhhh shit. O_O Did not see that coming.

That's about as cohesive as my reviews are going to be today, I'm afraid.
You didn't expect that "twist" at the end? I thought it was pretty much spelled out. Especially with his father being a part of a group he doesn't tell his son much about, the confrontation him and Kenan had, and the members of the group looking similar to the freedom fighters. And I think his father said something about investing his comrades being illegally imprisoned. I put all that together in my head and it just clicked to me before the final reveal.

Isn't the DC new writers/artist workshop showcase book out later this month?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Canny week

James Bond #11
James Bond Hammerhead #2 (Of 6)

All-Star Batman #4
Detective Comics #944
Hal Jordan And The Green Lantern Corps #8
New Super-Man #5
Wonder Woman #10

All-New X-Men #15
Captain America Steve Rogers #7
Clone Conspiracy #2
Daredevil #13
Invincible Iron Man #1
Star Wars Poe Dameron #8
Uncanny Avengers #16

You know what I hate most about the new CBR site? That they can't just take you to the article you want to read. They have to load your article with another shitty article you don't care about right after it on the same page. Fuck you, CBR. Right in the pee-hole.

You know what I hate most about the new CBR site? That they can't just take you to the article you want to read. They have to load your article with another shitty article you don't care about right after it on the same page. Fuck you, CBR. Right in the pee-hole.

Also, auto-loading more articles after it assumes you have finished reading the current one.

Top Bottom