• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2016. Wilde for comics, 2 Hickman books this month.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
You know what I hate most about the new CBR site? That they can't just take you to the article you want to read. They have to load your article with another shitty article you don't care about right after it on the same page. Fuck you, CBR. Right in the pee-hole.
That and that there is no filter for CSBG

TheFlow

Banned
Infamous Iron-Man.

pretty solid issue. Doom stay rekting. Still not sure why he thinks the world needs a iron-man, but maybe it is help ease people into Doom being a hero.

4/5 one of the better Marvel 2.0

Make-America-Groot-Again.jpg

VanWinkle

Hoping to finish the Teen Titans by Johns omni during my two days off starting tomorrow. It's a beast, at 1440 pages, but I only have a little over 500 pages left. Shouldn't be a problem.

It really does a great job capturing the feel of the Wolfman/Perez series.

TheFlow

Banned
Doctor Strange and the Sorcerers Surpreme #1

well damn that was a great #1! A lot of revelations bombs were dropped. I think this might be my go to team book now that ultimates is about to get ugly.

5/5

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Curious, was the US news filled with shit about the EU vote before we did it, like we have been in the UK regarding the election?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Harvey Dent? Why would I vote for some guy who is put in places by Old Money?
He even seems to have a weird obsession with that one coin and he fucked up with that strange horror clown lunatic.

Lashley

Now that I've finished Fables I'm not sure what series to sink my teeth into next.

Read some Hellboy or get caught up with East of West? I've read 4 trades iirc

Now that I've finished Fables I'm not sure what series to sink my teeth into next.

Read some Hellboy or get caught up with East of West? I've read 4 trades iirc

Really different man, depends what itch you need scratched! I love east of west, but I do find the world building and plot to drive things over character too much at times . No one seems to exist outside of the plot that's on the page if that makes sense. I love something like Lazarus that is obviously quite high concept and story driven, but they find time to find ways to show how the common person is living and getting by in the world they've built, characters have their own brand of down time together etc. It is a pretty awesome story though, East Of West, and Hickman has an incredible writing style. His dialogue is something else.

I see no point in writing why I think HB is good haha

TheFlow

Banned
Thor #12 aka the origin of Mjolnir

I bow down to Jason Aaron. I am not worthy to read a story of this magnitude. He has a natural talent for writing Thor. like it is mind blowing how good this issue is especially given the pedestal he has put the series on. The origin fucking delivered on the same level as Godbomb. I love how the flashbacks and ect. get awesome art.

that being said War of the Realms is something everyone but the people of Asgard know about. like damn how is there already a Harry potter size book written about it?

I think Jane is going to die in this war though.

5/5

Best thing I've seen today
New Avengers 16-17: More than half of this run has been event tie-in issues and crossovers, so it's damn impressive that it has managed to maintain momentum despite all that. Ewing has done this primarily by continuing to do his thing no matter what banner is on the front of the book. Both the Standoff issues and this CWII crossover have very little to do with their respective events, and everything to do with the continuing conflict between AIM, SHIELD and WHISPER. Enjoyed these issues and can't wait to see how it all ends.
This book and Ultimates, in addition to how much I enjoyed Captain America and the Mighty Avengers are what make me want to read his Mighty Avengers book. Every time I go to read it I'm like, "Oh man this book is gonna be so goo-LAAAAAAAAAAND!"
First two issues were icky in that it implied she was Jason's mentally.damaged sex object.
I saw it as the opposite. Jason pretty much states that the only reason she's fucking him is because he looks like Dick, which seems to be the only person she remembers from her time in the Titans.
I voted for Harvey Dent
paxpPh7.gif

Minor The Transformers/Revolution spoilers:

changetruck.jpg

Other people call themselves the ruler of Earth,
Optimus Prime just shows up one day and says "I am in command, now."
How he didn't see something like this coming amazes me.

TheFlow

Banned
Moon Knight #8

this issue was like a 2 min drum solo that built up to a crushing finale joined in by the whole band. The art and Lemire making me lose my damn mind every issue is no easy task.

Bkata we gotta talk
so those were all versions of himself that were mashing together. He was pulling them all in together but for what? so many questions

I think the ending is what made this issue so damn good though. Like plot twist.

5/5

I really liked Marco Polo. Good show.

Totally man, just gorgeous production values, super interesting time period. I need the ost in my life. I should of mentioned, I'm watching season 1 but I have saw it before, rewatching then ill watch the new season. I would love a comic using this setting but im not aware of one unfortunately.

American Horror Story though...

I have no idea what I was watching, it was that incoherent. I just know it was ridiculous. Too silly to be offensive but just yea, blah. I did enjoy the first three seasons well enough, even if it was always a tad indulgent in itself, but the circus and then the hotel thing.

Moon Knight #8

this issue was like a 2 min drum solo that built up to a crushing finale joined in by the whole band. The art and Lemire making me lose my damn mind every issue is no easy task.

Bkata we gotta talk
so those were all versions of himself that were mashing together. He was pulling them all in together but for what? so many questions

I think the ending is what made this issue so damn good though. Like plot twist.

5/5

I gotta read it yet mane

Lashley

the fact we don't have some type of season 2 yet is bs. it is the most asked for sequel

I promise you will love this issue.

Especially after that ending

I'd much prefer a season 2 of this than another walking dead game

Lashley

Can't say I'm loving it and the story is somewhat lost on me but issue 22 of East of West was badass.

I have no idea what I was watching, it was that incoherent. I just know it was ridiculous. Too silly to be offensive but just yea, blah. I did enjoy the first three seasons well enough, even if it was always a tad indulgent in itself, but the circus and then the hotel thing.

The first three seasons were good. The entire show just jumped the shark with Freakshow. The current season is okay, but nowhere near as good as the series was in those first years. I would say that Asylum was probably the best season.

jurgen

Spider-Woman #13

This book might be the prototypical Marvel book under Axel Alonso as EiC. It's definitely got that post-Fraction-Hawkeye or post-Waid-Daredevil feel and has a turn that's way darker than it needs to be. Between the parenting stuff and the typical D-lister humor and everything else, this is a schizophrenic mess.

I was rooting for this book after the Manara debacle but if you wanted a case study in why Marvel's market share is waning, you might have it here. It's not a bad title. It just has no clue what the hell it wants to be.

Top Bottom