• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2016. Wilde for comics, 2 Hickman books this month.

mreddie

Last two weeks of Big Bang talks. Messi will like this one.

No Marvel success stories thus far. Champions is doing about as well as the latest issue of Aquaman and Foolkiller did slightly better than Solo. Batman sold 4 times as many copies as the new Avengers and JL still sells out. Occupy did really badly.

What's the issue? Did the new team not named Avengers hurt it? Occupy needs some love, once again, some people are clueless.

God, the new Nova looks dope.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Up to the very last issue of Fables 😭😭

My personal favourite ever comic series. Not sure what to read when I've finished it.

I hated everything about Mosaic #1, surprising no one. Dropped so hard. Good god what terrible dialogue.
I honestly forgot everything about it intentionally until right now. It was bad and I was confused about the whole thing.
NOT A DREAM

NOT A HOAX

YOUNG JUSTICE SEASON THREE

http://comicsalliance.com/young-justice-season-3-announced/

144183-citizen-kane-slow-clap-gif-Img-CqjA.gif

Nice, time to get my kid into Young Justice I guess :) was always sad he missed out on that.

I was going to watch that Dead Rising footage but I didn't realise it was literally the whole intro to the game, I'll pass on that.

ElNarez

Banned
Honest opinion: Young Justice was the best X-Men animated show ever on television. Like, it did the superhero action teen drama blend better than any X-Men show ever broadcast, which, man, how do you fuck up making X-Men cartoons that bad.

Ross61

CN's going to be without it's gravity hitters Adventure Time and Regular show in a few years, so a great idea would be for DC/Warner and CN to work together in bringing some properties to cartoons. I feel something like Gotham Academy, Blue Beetle, or even Wonder Woman would be well suited for television.

TheFlow

Banned
CN's going to be without it's gravity hitters Adventure Time and Regular show in a few years, so a great idea would be for DC/Warner and CN to work together in bringing some properties to cartoons. I feel something like Gotham Academy, Blue Beetle, or even Wonder Woman would be well suited for television.

gotham academy can work

If I were WB I would not be so eager to get back into bed with CN. DC Nation is still a pretty recent thing that happened and they had no faith in that initiative. Too many girls watch Young Justice, they said. The whole thing was a fiasco.

But there's no network announcement here so I guess we'll see. CN is a possibility, I just don't think it's the best choice.

Is the guy who said too many girls watch DC and canned the show still running CN?

If so, Netflix or Amazon.

I really hope it's Netflix. You know why?

xx7Zdop.gif

They already have a relationship with Disney. And if they get YJ they're gonna have a relationship with Greg Weisman. Why not bring back one of the greatest animated shows of all time?

This may be a pipe dream but you never know!

Ross61

If I were WB I would not be so eager to get back into bed with CN. DC Nation is still a pretty recent thing that happened and they had no faith in that initiative. Too many girls watch Young Justice, they said. The whole thing was a fiasco.

But there's no network announcement here so I guess we'll see. CN is a possibility, I just don't think it's the best choice.
It's so stupid. DC/WB realized how underrepresented the female market is and made the acclaimed Super Hero Girls show and are making so much success from it. Something is wrong over there at CN if they don't realize and cater to their female fans. Yes I know they have Steven Universe and to a little lesser extent Adventure Time, but the lack of female lead shows is disheartening.

Vic_Viper

When does the new Nova book come out?

Also anyone get the War of Kings Omnibus? How is it? Worth getting if you don't own Anniahalation?

Ross61

Is the guy who said too many girls watch DC and canned the show still running CN?

If so, Netflix or Amazon.
Nope, a women called Christina Miller is in charge. Just checked. It's too bad he wasn't alone in his sentiments, as the head of adultswim is also a sexist piece of shit. If they brought some women aboard maybe 90% of their shows wouldn't be garbage.

Sandfox

Did anyone hear the rumor about the X-Men coming to Avengers Academy?

If it's true, I'm more excited about what it would mean for future Marvel games. No longer would new Marvel games be restricted in their character choices like what happened for the last 2 or so years. I guess Marvel Entertainment & Fox's improving relationship may be finally spreading throughout other forms of media, after all.
From my understanding Marvel is cutting back on the X-Men restriction in 2017.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I read the first bunch of arcs, stopped right before the deep dive into the lore.

Did he maintain the same quality all the way through?
Yes, it's been fantastic all the way through. Although the ending felt a tad rushed. I love seeing plot points be resolved years later, even minor things you paid no mind too. I'll miss the series.

Nope, a women called Christina Miller is in charge. Just checked. It's too bad he wasn't alone in his sentiments, as the head of adultswim is also a sexist piece of shit. If they brought some women aboard maybe 90% of their shows wouldn't be garbage.

Adult Swim is run separate from CN. Basically no one can tell the head of AS what to do.

Ross61

Adult Swim is run separate from CN. Basically no one can tell the head of AS what to do.
And that's just sad. How any executive above him can see some shit like the head of one of your most successful programs being a sexist dipshit and just let it be is just sad. Like this is just bad on a public relations thing.

mreddie

Did anyone hear the rumor about the X-Men coming to Avengers Academy?

If it's true, I'm more excited about what it would mean for future Marvel games. No longer would new Marvel games be restricted in their character choices like what happened for the last 2 or so years. I guess Marvel Entertainment & Fox's improving relationship may be finally spreading throughout other forms of media, after all.

The bridge seems to be rebuilding, must be the blowback from Inhumans getting delayed and whatever resulted in Legion.

Not even a rumor. Outright said that they're setting up for a new imprint with original creators helping out IIRC.

Sweet, I knew I'd heard something like that, but I'd forgotten if it was real or not, lol.

Oh fuck yes! Pipe dream stuff right here.

But this is true.

S1 was good, S2 was a clusterfuck.

I'm meh about it.
Clusterfuck is a bit overboard. It just focused on a much bigger cast and plot, but I wouldn't describe it as a clusterfuck.
Honest opinion: Young Justice was the best X-Men animated show ever on television. Like, it did the superhero action teen drama blend better than any X-Men show ever broadcast, which, man, how do you fuck up making X-Men cartoons that bad.

You ain't wrong. I thought Wolverine and the X-Men was decent enough. It scratched an itch. Momentarily, but still scratched.

Neoxon

From my understanding Marvel is cutting back on the X-Men restriction in 2017.
Which would be music to my ears.
If it's true, in the event that MvC4 happens, Capcom won't have to worry about Marvel's decisions pissing off the fans.....Capcom just has to make sure that they don't piss off the fans themselves.

TheFlow

Banned
Clusterfuck is a bit overboard. It just focused on a much bigger cast and plot, but I wouldn't describe it as a clusterfuck.

You ain't wrong. I thought Wolverine and the X-Men was decent enough. It scratched an itch. Momentarily, but still scratched.
This. I also liked x men evolution but I was in middle school so eh

Top Bottom