• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2016. Wilde for comics, 2 Hickman books this month.

Messi

landscape-1469021612-gameofthrones-tyrion-confused.gif

People who posted here for years and eventually got tired of it and left for other sites ect.

shingi70

Banned
After DC Unhinged gets too about episode 20 i want to start recording a second show. I'm throwing around doing mini casts that follow Maxi or finished comic series or events.

I'm guessing the comic gaf cast won't ever get off of the ground.

TheFlow

Banned
After DC Unhinged gets too about episode 20 i want to start recording a second show. I'm throwing around doing mini casts that follow Maxi or finished comic series or events.

start it up mate. there are willing people here.

Messi

People are too busy bitching and moaning here to actually do it. It's almost its own joke at this point. I was even in at one point. Cheska left and formed her own comic podcast.

Cheska used to sell me her Marvel codes for $1, and she bought almost everything. Great collection of statues, too, if that's your thing. She was a great poster.

Messi

Cheska used to sell me her Marvel codes for $1, and she bought almost everything. Great collection of statues, too, if that's your thing. She was a great poster.

That's a good deal.

Her statue collection IS NUTS. She collects those expensive ass premium format statues and she has loads.

Also has loads of books.

shingi70

Banned
People are too busy bitching and moaning here to actually do it. It's almost its own joke at this point. I was even in at one point. Cheska left and formed her own comic podcast.

What's it called?

Yeah the constant stop starts are apart of the reasons why Ijust grabbed a friend who had worked on a podcast and decided to start one.

Thinking a bit more about it I think i'm going to have my second podcast circle around DC series that have finished. I think the first book I want to tackle is Sword and Power of the Atom.

Messi

What's it called?

Yeah the constant stop starts are apart of the reasons why Ijust grabbed a friend who had worked on a podcast and decided to start one.

Thinking a bit more about it I think i'm going to have my second podcast circle around DC series that have finished. I think the first book I want to tackle is Sword and Power of the Atom.

Female Fanatic Force. Seems they are on a break.

I'd almost be sad to see one happen here. I just think it's funny how it comes up once or twice a year and a few people go let's do it and nothing ever happens.

VanWinkle

Just read the first six issues of Flash by Manapul/Booch in the omnibus, and I don't care ya'll, I liked it a lot. Helped, of course, that it was one of the most beautiful books I've ever read.

Just read the first six issues of Flash by Manapul/Booch in the omnibus, and I don't care ya'll, I liked it a lot. Helped, of course, that it was one of the most beautiful books I've ever read.
Like, it's gorgeous right? But then, it's also boring as fuck right? But then, it's gorgeous, right? But then it's about Barry Allen.

Long story short: Beauty is only skin deep

VanWinkle

Like, it's gorgeous right? But then, it's also boring as fuck right? But then, it's gorgeous, right? But then it's about Barry Allen.

Long story short: Beauty is only skin deep

I honestly didn't find it boring. Of course, I came in with pretty low expectations from the stuff I've heard in this thread. The writing isn't great, but Manapul's masterful visual storytelling propels it to a high level. I thought the arc was maybe one to two issues too long, but I thought it was very good overall.

I'm definitely not going to pretend this is doing amazing things, or tell everything they need to get this omni, but it's simple and fun with incredible art. That's plenty good enough for me here.

I enjoyed it also.

Good to hear.

That art:

0SjmtDu.jpg

I honestly didn't find it boring. Of course, I came in with pretty low expectations from the stuff I've heard in this thread. The writing isn't great, but Manapul's masterful visual storytelling propels it to a high level. I thought the arc was maybe one to two issues too long, but I thought it was very good overall.

I'm definitely not going to pretend this is doing amazing things, or tell everything they need to get this omni, but it's simple and fun with incredible art. That's plenty good enough for me here.

Good to hear.

That art:

0SjmtDu.jpg
I honestly think the story would have lost nothing if they removed the dialogue. The shit with Captain Cold is tight. Problem is that Barry is super boring and even being as visually amazing as it is couldn't save it.

Barely got through the first trade.

Owzers

Best Buy website has Black Friday stuff, bought my yearly two blu rays, civil war and hateful eight, despite being reallllllly iffy on civil war, and also ratchet and clank PS4 though that's not a huge deal.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
WWE Network is pretty cool. I might cancel my MU sub in favor of keeping the Network :3

Read all eight issues of Deathstroke. It became more enjoyable as the story progressed. Priest is successfully toeing the line between writing a fun book and more heavy handed dialogue.

A solid 7/10. I can't define how much better this is than Green Lanterns, because it's impossible to divide this score by the 0 that book deserves.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I feel like you are pitting two good things against each other, though I let MU go while I catch up on my trades.

So thats a yay on the Network over MU then, gotcha.

Rhaknar

I wouldn't know, brother. The last time I watched wrestling, Goldberg was dominating the WCW.

Wait, what's that your say? Goldberg is back? In 2016?!?!

You're not fooling anyone mark.

DOX would have been great with a tighter story, but JC is right.

I thought that's what was good about it. It wasn't an "event" it was just a story. I don't think the marketing does it any favors but
it actually rescued Scott from his character assassination. It was never him! Lol

Best Buy website has Black Friday stuff, bought my yearly two blu rays, civil war and hateful eight, despite being reallllllly iffy on civil war, and also ratchet and clank PS4 though that's not a huge deal.

I'm also getting Hateful Eight. The Xbox One version of FFXV is on sale on Microsoft's website (heh).

I'm going to have to write a whole thing about Death of X, because it's still bothering me.
The ethical nature of the Inhumans walking away from the entire situation as anything even vaguely resembling "heroes" is maddening. It is the final nail in the coffin of the idea that the world gives two shakes about mutants. If villainy is attempting to save your people from a death cloud, then the only true heroism is inaction, laying down and dying in the face of the collective apathy of the rest of the world.

That's almost disgusting in its implications.

I never did read that run, despite best intentions. I really struggled with their TEC run though and I think it left me a little apathetic toward their teaming. Is Manapul stronger on his own with Trinity?

Ponn

Banned

Is that the Manapul arc that has that beautiful two page spread of Barry running on helicopter blades? Because that was cool as fuck.

I'm going to have to write a whole thing about Death of X, because it's still bothering me.
The ethical nature of the Inhumans walking away from the entire situation as anything even vaguely resembling "heroes" is maddening. It is the final nail in the coffin of the idea that the world gives two shakes about mutants. If villainy is attempting to save your people from a death cloud, then the only true heroism is inaction, laying down and dying in the face of the collective apathy of the rest of the world.

That's almost disgusting in its implications.

So basically, Cyclops was right. Yea, that shit makes no sense, fuck the Inhumans. I think its actually speaking volumes about the state of things in the U.S. nowadays on what is seen as right and wrong but its doing it unintentionally. Which is funny in a sad way.

I think we've heard a few heavy hints via his newsletter, but Brubaker talking about his tv projects again, sounds like one is about ready to go public:

Especially now with "Westworld" having hit big, has it energized your other projects –- either the comic book properties that you own yourself, or the stuff that you've been working on as far as screenplays?

Unfortunately, a lot of the Hollywood stuff you're never allowed to talk about until they announce it. I have two different projects that are based on my books that are in development, at various stages. One is pretty close to being announced. Currently, I'm actually working on a TV show with a director that is a friend of mine, and that we've already sold, but it hasn't been announced yet. It'll probably be announced in the next week or two. And that's a thing that we created together.

link to interview

He made it sound previously that the one is Velvet.

Ross61

You know what's funny? The day before Black Bolt ongoing was announced I was looking at a list of PoC authors that should be getting more attention and he was on it. I woke up the next morning to find that he's on a Marvel book for his work "Throne of the Crescent Moon" lol. But I'm glad more new and diverse are getting a chance at the big two. Makes me happy for the future of comics going forward.

Rhaknar

...actually canceled it >_>

I have read zero comics the last 2 months at least, im literally wasting money. Im like those people that have gym subs and never go.

:(

Tizoc

...actually canceled it >_>

I have read zero comics the last 2 months at least, im literally wasting money. Im like those people that have gym subs and never go.

:(

Hey man
I go from time to time.
Finsih up reading More than meets the eye in the meantime Rhaky.

Top Bottom