• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2016. Wilde for comics, 2 Hickman books this month.

Zombine

Banned
doubt it with Danny. The defender pics have already confirmed that.

I think my problem with these relationship plots with Claire is this:

• Hero is hurt
  • Night Nurse is magically there to help them
  • "Thanks for your help."
  • "I love you. Lets go on an adventure."

She has no depth. She's just a doormat/side chick #whatever for these dudes and she magically bonds with them because why? She's "rebellious" or something? It's just a really bad look and really shit characterization.

As shit as Misty Knight turned out to be, at least she took command of her own destiny. She's not just some sidekick. I understand why she does what she does, and she's not just out there looking for attention from superdudes.

My problem is that there is little reason for it to happen. It's the same deal...twice. I expect something similar to happen with Danny Rand.

Pretty much. Also, half of the main stars can't act. Theo Rosi and Alfre Woodard are AWFUL together. And
that nibble kiss was pretty much the worse thing ever.

Mahershala Ali made that show. Cottonmouth was an incredible character. Saving grace was at the end when
Misty was at the club in the red dress...
WOW.

Haha fuck, goes to show. Shades was so bad I had blanked him out. He was arguably worse than
diamondback
, you get the feeling you were supposed to take Shades seriously. That dude is a terrible actor though, you can tell. He starred in Sons Of Anarchy. Cottonmouth was good though, and I liked the family crime drama angle they were going down to start with
especially when you find out about their past and the father's death etc.
but it just totally gets away from itself.

Also,
drill bullets

TheFlow

Banned
I think my problem with these relationship plots with Claire is this:

• Hero is hurt
  • Night Nurse is magically there to help them
  • "Thanks for your help."
  • "I love you. Lets go on an adventure."

She has no depth. She's just a doormat/side chick #whatever for these dudes and she magically bonds with them because why? She's "rebellious" or something? It's just a really bad look and really shit characterization.

As shit as Misty Knight turned out to be, at least she took command of her own destiny. She's not just some sidekick.
her relationship was more organic with Luke. DD was like what 1-2 episodes .

ElNarez

Banned
deep down you hate David Ayer's Suicide Squad because it know who you are, it knows what you want, and it's giving you this, and nothing more "here's your pop-savvy superhero action movie, with all the songs you like, and the fights against person-shaped anonymous story blobs, and the giant pillar of light in the sky", it says "come on, indulge, be your worst self, join the war machine, let's do crimes"

where BvS is meditation, this is action, it's direct, to the point, shallow by design, it's showing, not telling, and its characters are well-realized enough to be memorable

Messi

Messis Avatar looks like the girl I asked out.
Confused me everytime :D

image.php

shingi70

Banned
Suicide Squad was a great movie, that it seems people are more mad about because so many people liked it and it shows we might have bad taste when that's a huge success but something like Kubo bombs.

It's a fun neon colored grimy me mess full of mostly shallow characters sporting one liners with hints of greatness in the dialogue. The characters are fun and okay off each other well, the action is cool, the music is awesome, and its a fun but brief ride that doesn't stay it's welcome. My only grievance us Leto was pretty poor and Incubus sucked,

oh you motherfuckers should be ready for Wonder Woman and Justice League

what are DCEU fanboys gonna do when Wonder Woman is actually good

"do we...do we hate it...im really scared now guyz >_<"

"downvote it. downvote it at every reddit, youtube page, facebook post...tell WB this isnt the quality of movie we want"

TheFlow

Banned
Suicide Squad was a great movie, that it seems people are more mad about because so many people liked it and it shows we might have bad taste when that's a huge success but something like Kubo bombs.

It's a fun neon colored grimy me mess full of mostly shallow characters sporting one liners with hints of greatness in the dialogue. The characters are fun and okay off each other well, the action is cool, the music is awesome, and its a fun but brief ride that doesn't stay it's welcome. My only grievance us Leto was pretty poor and Incubus sucked,
Suicide was a great movie? This is how Donald trump became president

VanWinkle

I never did read that run, despite best intentions. I really struggled with their TEC run though and I think it left me a little apathetic toward their teaming. Is Manapul stronger on his own with Trinity?

So far, what he's doing is more interesting, and I really like his characterizations of the trinity, but he's still not a GOOD writer. He does his best work on Trinity though, I'd say.

mreddie

You guys liked Suicide Squad?

Yes, the try to hard Joker, barely did anything Boomerang, Harley Quinn cosplay bait, and Fuego who didn't have to kill himself.

Oh Will was alright.

Owzers

...actually canceled it >_>

I have read zero comics the last 2 months at least, im literally wasting money. Im like those people that have gym subs and never go.

:(
I canceled partly because I kept reading books I'd normally drop just because they weren't additional money.

I'm still looking forward to seeing suicide squad when it hits blu way, I'm sure you guys are just exaggerating how bad it is...

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Yay! My weapon in Bloodborne is broken and I dont have any Bloodwhatever to fix it and I havent even reached the first lantern.

Fuck.

Hot Topic: the movie was a bad movie and anyone defending it will regret it on their death bed

Movies aren't good because you *really* want them to. Bud Light isn't a good beer because you drink it and Ceasers doesn't have good pizza because you eat there.

BC: A whole bunch of Marvel and some DC delays.

Black Panther #9, Captain America: Steve Rogers #8 and Infamous Iron Man #3=28th December

Black Panther #10 and Powers #8=11th January

Harley&#8217;s Little Black Book #5=28th December. #6=25th January

Justice League Of America #10=30th November

Clean Room #14 and Red Thorn #13=14th December

Silver Surfer #8=21st December

All-Star Batman #5 and Doom Patrol #4(now 40 pages for the same prize)=28th December

Karnak #6=1st February(was supposed to be out in April 2016)

Powers #9=15th February

CWII and Bendis really screwed Karnak up it seems.

Top Bottom