• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2016. Wilde for comics, 2 Hickman books this month.

Captain America: Sam Wilson #15
What a righteous issue. Just so cool and heartwarming. Felt like an issue from when comic runs weren't so focused on serialization and plot arcs like a TV series, and more just about following these heroes through their time as heroes. I know people decry filler, but it's nice to have a relaxing break. Plus, D-Man is one of the greatest heroes of our time. And another Captain America mythology deep cut with
Battlestar
. I love it.

Infamous Iron Man #2
Enjoyable issue. Moved at a nice pace, and as always Maleev can draw a pretty action sequence. It's to see a Victor that has to learn how to do things, like protecting people and attempting to actually help them. To see him vulnerable and let his guard down. Just a nice change from the intimidating and godly goliath that Doom has been over the years. He still feels like Doom though. He still has this essence of "I'm better fuck you," which works. It's just cool to see and I really like it.

I am wondering, however that
in the previous issue, Ben mentioned he was an agent of SHIELD, but when he barges into the embassy he doesn't bother. So is he really, or did he lie? Because he's still wearing his Guardians gear.

Good issue.

Ms. Marvel #12
Much like the SamCap issue, it's nice to see a break, and this one was particularly nice. I actually felt the warmth and friendliness in this issue, and while I can't relate or really understand some of the issues, it's always good to bring out what makes Kamala such a special hero. It's a good character focused issue, and it's good in a sense that it reminds us that even though our heroes are big and epic and powerful, they are still human.

A good issue as always. Red Widow story in the back was whatever. Anyone here read that? Any good?

Power Man and Iron Fist #10
Good issue. A lot of set-up, primarily. The
meeting scene was interesting. Couldn't get over how wonky Steve looked. Also enjoy how it's basically a tour of Luke's rogues gallery. Or what he has of one. I know nothing about Alex Wilder, though. Never read Runaways, so I'm not sure who he is and what his motives really are. Also still funny to see Felicia as a gang leader.

Still a strong book, but it seems to have dipped into a slower pace. Which is a good idea after all the CW2 stuff.

Zombine

Banned
Watchmen: The Audio Book (Narrated by Sr David Attenborough)

Watchmen: Color by Numbers edition

Watchmen: Choose Your Own Adventure edition

Watchmen: en Español

Watchmen: The Stage Play: The Script: The Audiobook

Roman

Current Marvel has also put out some damn fine comics.

I've already clarified my comment:

I know that Marvel has lots of great titles. Ms. Marvel is great and so is Steve Rogers. I was specifically referring to their issues with the X-Men franchise books. Maybe I should've been clearer on that. The whole thing stinks currently, with minor exceptions.

I'm going to have to write a whole thing about Death of X, because it's still bothering me.
The ethical nature of the Inhumans walking away from the entire situation as anything even vaguely resembling "heroes" is maddening. It is the final nail in the coffin of the idea that the world gives two shakes about mutants. If villainy is attempting to save your people from a death cloud, then the only true heroism is inaction, laying down and dying in the face of the collective apathy of the rest of the world.

That's almost disgusting in its implications.

I fully agree, this is reaching unacceptable levels. I strongly hope comic book "journalism" confronts them about this.

On a side note I remember all the people you guys have mentioned - Cheska, Fauxtrot, even TTB and others whose names I don't remember but would recognize the avatars of.

Good times. A shame but an eventual inevitability in all OTs.

Roman

He used to obsess over this girl being his only chance and he never said a word to her.

Now that you mention it, I think I do! Wasn't it a coworker at Walmart?

Why?

Zombeen and Sillymonkey are also permed?

That would be a shame.

my goodness that guy loved the ultimate universe so much. it's too bad he got permed right before secret wars.

These threads would be a lot more entertaining with those guys' inputs. Their potential takes on "fun" events like AXIS, Age of Ultron, anything involving the X-Men...ah what could have been.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Last I remember he was sitting watching her at her work and he was debating talking to her or not because she was maybe pregnant. He wasn't sure.

I don't believe any of this story BTW.

Ahahahaha

I hope it isn't true

Zombine

Banned
Zombine will come out of the shadows after January 20th.

Holy shit though why is the choreography so terrible in this show...

The Snotgirl trade is getting it's own unique cover:

dyEDwV5.jpg

Dusknoir

Wonder Woman #11 tightly ties back to the imagery of the WW Rebirth issue. That means shit going to get down.

Also Happy Thanksgiving guys

TheFlow

Banned
Captain America: Sam Wilson #15
What a righteous issue. Just so cool and heartwarming. Felt like an issue from when comic runs weren't so focused on serialization and plot arcs like a TV series, and more just about following these heroes through their time as heroes. I know people decry filler, but it's nice to have a relaxing break. Plus, D-Man is one of the greatest heroes of our time. And another Captain America mythology deep cut with
Battlestar
. I love it.

Infamous Iron Man #2
Enjoyable issue. Moved at a nice pace, and as always Maleev can draw a pretty action sequence. It's to see a Victor that has to learn how to do things, like protecting people and attempting to actually help them. To see him vulnerable and let his guard down. Just a nice change from the intimidating and godly goliath that Doom has been over the years. He still feels like Doom though. He still has this essence of "I'm better fuck you," which works. It's just cool to see and I really like it.

I am wondering, however that
in the previous issue, Ben mentioned he was an agent of SHIELD, but when he barges into the embassy he doesn't bother. So is he really, or did he lie? Because he's still wearing his Guardians gear.

Good issue.

Ms. Marvel #12
Much like the SamCap issue, it's nice to see a break, and this one was particularly nice. I actually felt the warmth and friendliness in this issue, and while I can't relate or really understand some of the issues, it's always good to bring out what makes Kamala such a special hero. It's a good character focused issue, and it's good in a sense that it reminds us that even though our heroes are big and epic and powerful, they are still human.

A good issue as always. Red Widow story in the back was whatever. Anyone here read that? Any good?

Power Man and Iron Fist #10
Good issue. A lot of set-up, primarily. The
meeting scene was interesting. Couldn't get over how wonky Steve looked. Also enjoy how it's basically a tour of Luke's rogues gallery. Or what he has of one. I know nothing about Alex Wilder, though. Never read Runaways, so I'm not sure who he is and what his motives really are. Also still funny to see Felicia as a gang leader.

Still a strong book, but it seems to have dipped into a slower pace. Which is a good idea after all the CW2 stuff.
damnn player you and echo late with reviews. Owzer would love Cap:Sam #15. You also reminded me that I have a infamous #2 already bought, but haven't got to it.not sure how I forgot about it.

Zombine

Banned
only been 2 guys lol, and one of them is comic book canon.

My problem is that there is little reason for it to happen. It's the same deal...twice. I expect something similar to happen with Danny Rand.

It started to go off the rails for me after episode 4 to be honest, but yea, it takes a real turn for the worse once
Diamondback is introduced properly.

Pretty much. Also, half of the main stars can't act. Theo Rosi and Alfre Woodard are AWFUL together. And
that nibble kiss was pretty much the worse thing ever.

Mahershala Ali made that show. Cottonmouth was an incredible character. Saving grace was at the end when
Misty was at the club in the red dress...
WOW.

Mindwipe

Not had much reading time this week, but I started going through Rachel Rising.

Not really feeling it so far but maybe it'll pick up.

TheFlow

Banned
My problem is that there is little reason for it to happen. It's the same deal...twice. I expect something similar to happen with Danny Rand.

Pretty much. Also, half of the main stars can't act. Theo Rosi and Alfre Woodard are AWFUL together. And
that nibble kiss was pretty much the worse thing ever.

Mahershala Ali made that show. Cottonmouth was an incredible character. Saving grace was at the end when
Misty was at the club in the red dress...
WOW.

doubt it with Danny. The defender pics have already confirmed that.

Top Bottom