• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2014. Witches, wytches, and things that go GROOT in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I have just two Issues left of Brubaker Captain America until I have to wait until December before the Omnibus releases and I would be able to continue :(

(Reborn is such a shitty story, a big letdown after all the great stuff that happened before...)

Messi

Her Villains' Month issue was enough to grant me an intense hatred of both Joker's Daughter and Nocenti's writing, which is certainly deserved from what I hear.

Also, just got Smash in from Amazon! Didn't know stuff could arrive on Sundays now, but awesome!

The Joker's Daughter one shot was decent. Explained why she is the way that she is. But dc have wasted her since. Her Villains month issue was crap. Nocenti standard.

I have just two Issues left of Brubaker Captain America until I have to wait until December before the Omnibus releases and I would be able to continue :(

(Reborn is such a shitty story, a big letdown after all the great stuff that happened before...)

It's no retun of Bruce Wayne . Pretty wierd how Morrison and brubaker did their big legacy story at the same time

GAMEPROFF

Banned
It's no retun of Bruce Wayne . Pretty wierd how Morrison and brubaker did their big legacy story at the same time
My biggest complain is that its almost exactly the same what JMS did years Go on the 500th issue Arc of Amazing Spider-Man, where Peter also hopped because of a Villain through time to relive some of his famoust moments and were also theoretical able to change history. Even while it made there a little sense with this magical demon, this just was strange to read as a Brubaker Captain America Story. I just dont see Arnim Zola, the Red Skull and neither Dr. Doom as able to create a bullet that sucks somebody out of his body, create a clone in the exact moment and put the person in a time stream.

I know, its a comicbook. But I liked how Brubaker were able to not fill his storys with those bullshit technologies and create a believable spy thriller with Superheroes. I hope that comtinues again in the The Trial of Captain America Omnibus.

frye

My biggest complain is that its almost exactly the same what JMS did years Go on the 500th issue Arc of Amazing Spider-Man, where Peter also hopped because of a Villain through time to relive some of his famoust moments and were also theoretical able to change history. Even while it made there a little sense with this magical demon, this just was strange to read as a Brubaker Captain America Story. I just dont see Arnim Zola, the Red Skull and neither Dr. Doom as able to create a bullet that sucks somebody out of his body, create a clone in the exact moment and put the person in a time stream.

I know, its a comicbook. But I liked how Brubaker were able to not fill his storys with those bullshit technologies and create a believable spy thriller with Superheroes. I hope that comtinues again in the The Trial of Captain America Omnibus.

Reborn is a low point and the post 600 stuff isn't as good as 25-50, but the solo Winter Soldier series is about as good as that run ever got.

That bullet is literally the dumbest plot device I can think of since the silver age. I just choose to believe it was thought up by some editor at a retreat and he had to do his best with it.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Almost done with my Simonson Thor omnibus, only 100 pages left. Stopped reading a long time ago after the Surtur saga, but most of the arcs after that managed to be entertaining as well. I love how this feels like one giant story with every arc bleeding in to the next. Now I'm nearing the end and they're still picking up the pieces from the Surtur war. Simonson's art is incredible, but I'm in the Buscema part now and it's just as good. Sometimes I find myself flipping back to earlier issues just to look at the pages again. It's just beautiful.

When I'm done I was planning on hopping right on the Straczynski omnibus which I have lying around, or get a change of pace with Bendis Daredevil.

I also have 'Thor: The Mighty Avenger' coming in, which I will read asap. It's just a small collection and it's getting rave impressions. Also tempted to get the first trades of Jason Aaron's Thor (looks badass), but I'll read some other stuff first.

"SHIT, I've got two tests this week" List:

DC Comics
Batman #35
Batgirl# 35
Justice League United #5

Image Comics
Wytches #1

Marvel Comics
Axis #1
Avengers #36

The biggest thing at NYCC isn't comic related at all. Dark Horse brought The Art of Naughty Dog with them and there are only ever going to be 2k copies made. That sounds like quite a bit for an art book to be honest, but it is beautiful.

Is it a limited edition thing? Because I've seen the book listed on Amazon.

That's not out until December IIRC.

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Mistook my October list with the one for December... Sorry, false alert, no Comics next week for me :(

image.php

Owzers

placed december dcbs order:

Specials

Outcast vol 1 tp
Rumble #1
Secret Six #1
They're Not Like Us #1

Rest: Batman, Gotham Academy, Grayson #5, Justice League, Multiversity, Superman

East of West, Walking Dead, Wicked and Divine.

All New Cap, Avengers, Axis, Bucky, Daredevil, New Avengers, Rocket Racoon, Secret Avengers, She Hulk, Thor.

Maybes that didn't make it yet
Batgirl and Catwoman, i want to read the first two issues before i keep ordering. Grayson Annual, Batman Annual, Catwoman Annual because $4.99. Spider-Man and the X-Men #1 is intriguing but i might wait until Marvel Unlimited. Hellboy and the BRPD will be digital. And Bitch Planet.

Who's getting Bitch Planet? Expectations?

tim1138

placed december dcbs order:

Specials

Outcast vol 1 tp
Rumble #1
Secret Six #1
They're Not Like Us #1

Rest: Batman, Gotham Academy, Grayson #5, Justice League, Multiversity, Superman

East of West, Walking Dead, Wicked and Divine.

All New Cap, Avengers, Axis, Bucky, Daredevil, New Avengers, Rocket Racoon, Secret Avengers, She Hulk, Thor.

Maybes that didn't make it yet
Batgirl and Catwoman, i want to read the first two issues before i keep ordering. Grayson Annual, Batman Annual, Catwoman Annual because $4.99. Spider-Man and the X-Men #1 is intriguing but i might wait until Marvel Unlimited. Hellboy and the BRPD will be digital. And Bitch Planet.

Who's getting Bitch Planet? Expectations?

I'll be picking up Bitch Planet, I usually give KSD books a shot.

Started reading Brubaker Daredevil. Only other Daredevil I've read is the Waid one. Not to extrapolate from two data points but,
is the Foggy fake death thing a running gag?

The List:

Guardians of the Galaxy Complete Collection Vol. 2
Runaways Complete Collection Vol. 2

Iron Fist: Rage Vol. 1

I need these. I was given GotG Complete Collection Vol 1 for my birthday. I had high expectations given the hype associated with the run and it delivered on every level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom