• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2014. Witches, wytches, and things that go GROOT in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owzers

I'm struggling to get through FBP vol 1 even though i mostly like it, about halfway through if not more. I think the book would be better if it talked about what orgasms aspired to be. It's the plotting and subject matter, it isn't carrying the book for me, and the behind the scenes play isn't intriguing enough to compensate.

I'm struggling to get through FBP vol 1 even though i mostly like it, about halfway through if not more. I think the book would be better if it talked about what orgasms aspired to be. It's the plotting and subject matter, it isn't carrying the book for me, and the behind the scenes play isn't intriguing enough to compensate.

It's very much a robbi Rodriguez showcase(and he's not even on the book anymore)

This is my first list post!

Archie
Chilling Adventures of Sabrina #1

DC
Batgirl #35
Batman #35
Earth 2 #27
Green Arrow Volume 5: The Outsiders War (tpb)
Green Lantern Corps #35
Klarion #1
Superman / Wonder Woman #12

Wytches #1

Marvel
Amazing Spider-Man #7
Avengers #36
Avengers and X-Men: Axis #1
Captain Marvel #8
Punisher #11
Rocket Raccoon #4

Boogiepop

Ow, my head. Just had to start off with a light headache on the day Smash arrived. And of course I couldn't resist its call. Stupid self, making my stupid head hurt.

Ow, my head. Just had to start off with a light headache on the day Smash arrived. And of course I couldn't resist its call. Stupid self, making my stupid head hurt.

I am currently sick with what I can only assume is the flu. I feel your pain, my head is pounding. It's Smash though, few could resist.

Messi

I hope those of you getting Klarion get a good book, I'm not bitter. I just don't want to trust her with my money ever again.

I hope those of you getting Klarion get a good book, I'm not bitter. I just don't want to trust her with my money ever again.

That's completely understandable. Rest assured I won't be continuing past the first issue if doesn't make a good impression. One chance.

IST having a sale till Tuesday

http://www.instocktrades.com/moving.aspx

Any options on all new ghost rider?

I've only read the first three issues, but I thought it was great. I dropped it once Tradd Moore left the book, but it was fun. It felt far removed from traditional Ghost Rider stories. I think the characters absolutely stand out. Robbie and his younger brother have a fantastic relationship that completely carries the book.

Cheska

I've been trying to read comics all day, but just havent been able to focus :(

Might as well succumb to what's been on my mind! SMASH! Didn't some people in here say they got it? What's your friend code bitches? :)

Here's mine: 3007-8151-7174

Nudull

Banned

Might as well succumb to what's been on my mind! SMASH! Didn't some people in here say they got it? What's your friend code bitches? :)

I didn't know you had a 3DS. Huh. :eek:

2681-0454-6510

Please add me too!

4124-5030-9094

Adding you for SMASH, my friend code is

1977-0152-7220

added everyone who has posted so far.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Gotham Academy was not bad at all. It's a step in the right direction for diversifying DC's current output.

MG310

I think I'm prepared for NYCC. (and any convention for the forseeable future)
Also I may have gone full Messi with the Harley covers...I think there might even be another one floating around here somewhere...they're still in stock at Midtown so I keep ordering one here and there.

Definitely bringing a few Harleys, Elektra (hoping to get a Del Mundo sketch on it), both Spideys, a Justice League, and probably She-Hulk.

DSCN3806.jpg

My FC is 3110-4707-2704.
I hope there isn't much lag playing from here.

Might as well post my list in the meantime:
Chilling Adventures of Sabrina #1

Batman #35
Batgirl #35
Batman Eternal #27

Black Science #9
Manhattan Projects #24
Sex Criminals #8
Wytches #1

Avengers #36
Avengers And X-Men Axis #1
Rocket Raccoon #4

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Also I may have gone full Messi with the Harley covers...I think there might even be another one floating around here somewhere...they're still in stock at Midtown so I keep ordering one here and there.

Definitely bringing a few Harleys, Elektra (hoping to get a Del Mundo sketch on it), both Spideys, a Justice League, and probably She-Hulk.

You should get some of Comics-Gaf to doodle on a cover. I promise it won't be a dick.

Messi

I am so incredibly envious that you will be able to get sketch covers done :(. I'd do bad things for a chad Hardin Harley and Ivy cover. It seems he does that a lot at cons.

Owzers

I'm in entertainment purgatory between Shadow of Mordor and slowlyyyyyyyyyyyyyy working my way through FBP vol 1. Mordor is just another failure of a game that does a few things right and forgets it's not supposed to suck for the rest. You make an entire system about killing captains/chiefs/war chiefs yet have almost no story backing it, so you're just killing randomly generated orc and uruks with fancy sounding names, it's entirely interchangeable and seemingly never ending. Like DC books.

I was doing a mission and an orc guy thing comes in and says " remember me? You hurt me last time and i'm here to blah blah blah" and i'm thinking, no , i don't remember you, you were not special at all.

Filthy Slug

Hey, is it worth picking up the 52 omnibus? Final Crisis got me in the mood to read all things connected to it again, and I realized I'm missing two/four trades of 52 and don't remember much of it.

Hey, is it worth picking up the 52 omnibus? Final Crisis got me in the mood to read all things connected to it again, and I realized I'm missing two/four trades of 52 and don't remember much of it.

52 was one of DC's better events. If you haven't read the whole thing, I'd say the omnibus is certainly worth it.

52 alongside Final Crisis, sits as one of my favourite events in comics history, not least because it introduced my favourite DC heroine, Batwoman. I love the focus on largely underdeveloped DC heroes and villains, it gave me new appreciation for many characters I was otherwise unfamiliar with. The writing is far better than it should be, with that many writers and such strict weekly deadlines. If you can find the omnibus, I highly recommend it. It sits just outside of my budget, I've long been waiting a sale/discount, otherwise I'd have a copy of my own.

Messi

I'm in entertainment purgatory between Shadow of Mordor and slowlyyyyyyyyyyyyyy working my way through FBP vol 1. Mordor is just another failure of a game that does a few things right and forgets it's not supposed to suck for the rest. You make an entire system about killing captains/chiefs/war chiefs yet have almost no story backing it, so you're just killing randomly generated orc and uruks with fancy sounding names, it's entirely interchangeable and seemingly never ending. Like DC books.

I was doing a mission and an orc guy thing comes in and says " remember me? You hurt me last time and i'm here to blah blah blah" and i'm thinking, no , i don't remember you, you were not special at all.

I remember a handful of them that I had multiple epic fights with. I remember the ones that get one over on me.

Just finished reading Gotham Academy. My what a fantastic read that was. Just perfect for me. I love maps and olive. The art in my opinion is really beautiful and a unique style for Dc. I can't wait to read more of this going forward. The book really popped on my iPad. Great first issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom