• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megatron

Well.... I mean..... You know what, I'm just going to let that go.

That's actually a series I really want to read. He's my favorite dc character easily.

Speaking of favorite characters, the voting for CBR's top 100 marvel and dc characters is still ongoing for anyone who wants to vote. Might be fun to see everyone's ballots.

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/category/top-100-marvel-and-dc-characters/

I'll show my ballot:
TOP TEN COMIC BOOK CHARACTERS

MARVEL
1. Black Bolt
2. Medusa
3. Cyclops (Scott Summers)
4. Emma Frost
5. Daredevil (Matt Murdock)
6. Kitty Pryde
7. Ms. Marvel (Kamala Kahn)
8. Rogue
9. Beta Ray Bill
10. Lockjaw

DC
1. Dick Grayson
2. Oracle (Barbara Gordon)
3. Bane
4. Terry McGinnis
5. Black Canary
6. John Constantine
7. Midnighter
8. Zatanna
9. Wally West
10. Boy Blue (from Fables)

GAMEPROFF

Banned
So Daken was on the CBR top 100 of 2011's list. Honestly, when I think of Daken, all I think of is this:
Daken-300x461.jpg

xforce34.jpg

2862411-uxf_zone_016.jpg
Both brutally heartbreaking, and immensely satisfying.

Because fuck Daken.

That's actually a series I really want to read. He's my favorite dc character easily.

Speaking of favorite characters, the voting for CBR's top 100 marvel and dc characters is still ongoing for anyone who wants to vote. Might be fun to see everyone's ballots.

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/category/top-100-marvel-and-dc-characters/

This is really hard.

Rogue
Han Solo
R2/D2
Kitty Pryde
She Hulk
Black Panther
Hulk
Daredevil
Spider-Man
Madrox
Nightcrawler
Spider girl Mayday
Silver Surfer
Jessica Jones

Dick Grayson
Supergirl
Aquaman
Wally west
Harley/Ivy/Selina
Spider Jerusalem
Barbara Gordon but steph and cass are better Batgirls
John Constantine
Booster and Beetle
Swamp thing
Animal Man
Lucifer Morningstar
Kyle rayner/Tim Drake/Damien/Power girl/Bigby Wolf/Endless/Huntress/Black Canary/Cinderella/Snow White/Tim Hunter

Maybe...

Hmm, a rough sketch of mine is probably,

• Superman
  • Batman
  • Mon-El
  • Power Girl
  • Dick Grayson
  • Brainiac 5
  • Barbara Gordon (Batgirl)
  • Damian Wayne
  • Terry McGinnis
  • Kyle Rayner

Hmm...

1. Jaime Reyes
2. Bruce Wayne
3. Clark Kent
4. Jason Todd
5. Dick Grayson
6. Wayon Jones
7. Damian Wayne
8. J'onn J'onzz (or however it's spelled)
9. Diana of Themyscira
10. Maps

Marvel
1. Spider-Man (Peter Parker)
2. Hawkeye (Kate Bishop)
3. Daredevil
4. Thanos
5. Boomerang (Fred Myers)
6. Scarlet Spider (Kaine)
7. Hummingbird (Aracely)
8. Nova (Richard Rider)
9. She-Hulk
10. Iron Fist (Danny Rand)

DC
1. Power Girl
2. Dick Grayson
3. Crazy Jane
4. Captain Marvel/Shazam
5. Batman
6. Superman
7. Robotman
8. Damian Wayne
9. Harley Quinn (meet me somewhere)
10. Flex Mentallo

Messi

Marvel
1. Angela
2. Gamora
3. Kitty Pryde
4. Miles Morales
5. Kate Bishop
6. Captain Marvel
7. Captain America (Sam)
8. Thor (odinson)
9. She Hulk
10. Black Widow

DC
1. Harley Quinn
2. Catwoman
3. Power Girl
4. Babs Gordon
5. Wonder Woman
6. Damian Wayne
7. Starfire
8. Terra
9. Dick Grayson (Batman)
10. Raven

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Marvel

1. Deadpool
2. Blink
3. Domino
4. Psylocke
5. Gambit
6. Kitty Pryde
7. Elsa Bloodstone
8. Rocket Racoon
9. Star Lord
10. Groot

DC

1. Harley Quinn
2. Starfire
3. Power Girl
4. Terra

Marvel:
1. Spider-Man
2. Kate Bishop
3. Kamala Khan
4. Captain America
5. Loki
6. Kitty Pryde
7. Star-Lord
8. Wolverine
9. Nico Minoru
10. Iron Man

DC:
1. Batman
2. Kyle Rayner
3. Wally West
4. Superman
5. Power Girl
6. Raven
7. Deathstroke
8. Scandal Savage
9. Catman
10. Deadshot

Mahvel
Spider-Man (Parker)
Kitty Pryde
Hawkeye
Reed Richards
Elsa Bloodstone
Doom
Kate Bishop
Kamala Khan
Spider-Man (Miles Morales)
Black Panther

DC (not counting Elijah Snow, Jakita Wagner, or The Drummer)
Dick Grayson
Batwoman
Mr. Nobody
Renee Montoya
Crazy Jane
Damian Wayne
Tim Drake
Robotman
Green Arrow (Oliver Queen)
Stephanie Brown

Valiant (somebody asked for this right?)
Ninjak
Geomancer (Kay McHenry)
Peter Stanchek
Toyo Harada
Kris Hathaway
Livewire
Ivar
Armstrong
Woody
Mech Major

Wtf how come nobody mentioned a Power Rangers series by Kyle Higgins??

They announced that series months ago, they only announced the writer today. I was hoping for Mairghread Scott since she did the one-page stories they gave out at SDCC, but this works too.

Yeah, it's Mighty Morphin, set during season one specifically (so Tommy is still the Green Ranger, Dinozords instead of Thunderzords, no Lord Zedd, etc).

Spider-Man (616 Peter Parker)
Captain America (Steve Rogers)
Norman Osborn
Bullseye
Iron Man (Tony Stark)

Sorry, not able to make more.

Mighty Morphin?

Because I didn't know it was occurring.

Will be purchasing

Mighty motherfucking Morphin'

Because it's a Power Ranger's series by Kyle Higgins.

Har har

His Nightwing was mediocre, but there were some good moments. I'm curious what he can do on a label like Boom

Har har

His Nightwing was mediocre, but there were some good moments. I'm curious what he can do on a label like Boom

I just don't think he's a particularly inspired writer yet so I'm not going to get excited by him on a property I might otherwise be down for. I also have a feeling the art will be shit. The art is always shit in these things.

Fucking Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.
Definitly in.

Is Boom with trades?

They put out trades, yeah. Nice ones too.

I just don't think he's a particularly inspired writer yet so I'm not going to get excited by him on a property I might otherwise be down for. I also have a feeling the art will be shit. The art is always shit in these things.

Im inclined to agree with the first part, but seeing a good writer come onto something less restrictive can turn out being amazing.

What makes you think the art will be shit? What do you mean by "these things"?

I think you just named the entire Valiant roster, there.

:D

I'm not sure why having a small roster is a diss... but no, there are a lot more Valiant characters that I omitted, including headliners like Bloodshot and XO.

Zombine

Banned
Marvel

1. Daredevil
2. Jean Grey
3. Silver Surfer
4. Captain Mar-vell
5. Boomerang
6. Hawkeye
7. Howard The Duck
8. Nightcrawler
9. U-Go Girl
10. Man-Thing

He means licensed comics in general, but it's gotten a lot better in recent years IMO. There are never any really bad artists, just blandness some of the time. There's tons of Big Two books that are just as bad for that sort of thing.

Nothing will ever be as bad in that sphere as the days of Pat Lee drawing Transformers. I was so happy to have a G1 book, but man:

lee_pat_transformers2.jpg

*shudder* And they had Jae Lee and Don Figueroa on their payroll (well, it was Dreamwave, so nobody got paid) at the same time!

Im inclined to agree with the first part, but seeing a good writer come onto something less restrictive can turn out being amazing.

These franchise "reboots" in comic form. They always have less skillful artists, on average, something you'd get as a McDonalds happy meal comic pack in, in quality. I got burned by this most recently in Robotech/Voltron.

He means licensed comics in general, but it's gotten a lot better in recent years IMO. There are never any really bad artists, just blandness some of the time. There's tons of Big Two books that are just as bad for that sort of thing.

Nothing will ever be as bad in that sphere as the days of Pat Lee drawing Transformers. I was so happy to have a G1 book, but man:

lee_pat_transformers2.jpg

*shudder* And they had Jae Lee and Don Figueroa on their payroll (well, it was Dreamwave, so nobody got paid) at the same time!

These franchise "reboots" in comic form. They always have less skillful artists, on average, something you'd get as a McDonalds happy meal comic pack in, in quality. I got burned by this most recently in Robotech/Voltron.

This definitely isn't true across the board. Dark Horse, Boom, Dynamite, and IDW all put out some quality licensed books currently.

tim1138

DC
Darkseid
Barry Allen
Orion
Animal Man
Mr Miracle
Hal Jordan
Etrigan
Zatanna
Wonder Woman
Booster Gold

Marvel
(Dark) Phoenix
Silver Surfer
Archangel
Hulk
Spider-Man
Medusa
Devil Dinosaur
Nightcrawler
Kitty Pryde
Lockheed

Tizoc

They announced that series months ago, they only announced the writer today. I was hoping for Mairghread Scott since she did the one-page stories they gave out at SDCC, but this works too.

Yeah, it's Mighty Morphin, set during season one specifically (so Tommy is still the Green Ranger, Dinozords instead of Thunderzords, no Lord Zedd, etc).

Will it borrow from the Japanese series I wonder...

This definitely isn't true across the board. Dark Horse, Boom, Dynamite, and IDW all put out some quality licensed books currently.

That's why I said it's gotten better. Transformers has a great roster of artists at the moment, but that's partly because there's lots of artists who only want to draw Transformers (and, at least until recently, if you wanted to design a Transformer you had to show how it would work as a toy or Hasbro wouldn't approve it).

Will it borrow from the Japanese series I wonder...

Saban generally go out of their way to avoid this, so I wouldn't count on it.

Still can't believe we didn't get a Go-Buster adaptation.

Mighty motherfucking Morphin'

Har har

Fucking Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.
Definitly in.

Is Boom with trades?
Mighty Morphin is cool, but let's be real: In Space is best series.

I would love just a straight Power Rangers Universe book. An original story that combines stuff from all the different series. That'd be super sick, as someone who is a bit of a Power Rangers fan.
I feel you. At the same time, though, I'm loving the whole thing of taking a show and a) make another 'season' of it or b) just making an entirely unique story based within the same franchise. I don't know why but I think it's really cool.

That's why I said it's gotten better. Transformers has a great roster of artists at the moment, but that's partly because there's lots of artists who only want to draw Transformers (and, at least until recently, if you wanted to design a Transformer you had to show how it would work as a toy or Hasbro wouldn't approve it).

Yeah, and the Buffy comics are way better than they have any right to be. At least, the ones Gage and Isaaks work on.

Mighty Morphin is cool, but let's be real: In Space is best series.

DUDE GET OUT OF MY HEAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom