• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Relevant

Ys2ag3F.jpg

Shaanyboi

Banned
ABOUT FUCKING TIME

So yeah the Earth One books are pretty damn legit. Earth One Batman is a stellar take on the character and the art is amazing.

Skybound has a sale going on this weekend, but their outlandish shipping costs kinda negates the whole thing.

Batman Earth One is a refreshing bit of humility and naivety for Batman. He doesn't know everything, he's still arrogant as shit. The background for Alfred is actually really compelling. Also its take on Killer Croc in Vol 2 made me really happy.

JTripper

Recently finished Dark Knight Strikes Again and Scott Snyder's Wytches Vol. 1

Strikes Again was fucking garbage but Wytches was great.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Oh hey, so Black Beetle Necrologue has to be officially gone forever, right? Like, seriously. What the hell is up with that.

I just came to comic-gaf for the first time in forever to ask about this and you're actually currently talking about it. Wow!

It was originally going to come out October 2013. Delayed to the winter, then delayed to Fall 2014, then just recently there were multiple previews for #1 coming out on September 16th (8 days ago). As far as I know, it did not come out last week, but my LCS probably wouldn't have it even if it did, so IDevenK.
For what it's worth, Francavilla said a week ago that he was "seriously planning the return of @TheBlackBeetle for 2016."

We shall see.

Isak_Borg

Just posted my comic collection in the Buy/Sell thread.

Here is a list if you're interested in checking it out.

Edit: Prices are just what I saw them going for online and not expecting to sell them for that much.

Owzers

Journey Into Mystery trade...what did i just read....

"Holy Smokes! That's Hellcat! Patsy, do you see this? Patsy!? Well, let's hope pastor dobbs doesn't find her in the back of a hearse with half the football team! Again!"

is that some inside Marvel history thing i'm missing?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I don't think I've ever enjoyed a comic that Lemire has written

(that probably isnt true, but yeah...)

I had a pretty good day. First, my copies of the Walking Dead hardcovers Vol. 10 and 11 shipped from IST. Which left only the wait for Vol.12 next week.

But wait, what's this!?
That's cool but that waifu is not. Disappointed.

Also missed the Wonder Woman Earth One post earlier but the cover looks great as expected. I missed the delay announcement or I forgot about it cause I thought it was still coming this year :(

ANAD Marvel is sounding better with the more recent announcements they've been making. So far I'm interested in:
Squirrel Girl (GOAT)
Ant-Man
New Avengers
Hellcat
Black Panther
Karnak
The Waid/Samnee book
And one of the Spider books

I haven't read the Mockingbird thing that came out recently but if I like that then that's another one for the pile.

edit: Forgot Venom so there's another. Not bad Marvel!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom