• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
sillymonkey, I remember you complaining about the black border pages in the Hellboy Library editions because of fingerprints but I am loving them. I think the extra background area adds a lot to those border-less panels, the characters seem to just float in a sea of darkness.

Dunno if any of you play them, but the new Dangan Ronpa seems pretty stellar.

Comics: I like more realistic looking stuff, o guess? Ross and whoever's in his wheelhouse is preferred. I like stylization too though. Like, I love Aja/Samnee/Sorrentino.

Really anything that doesn't look too cartoon-y.

I think I'm gonna read Squirrel Girl #1 right now though, so there you go.
I played the first Danganronpa and thought it was okay. I plan on getting the sequel when it goes on sale again.... maybe.

For art, I like pretty much anything. I dig more stylized art like from Ba but I also really enjoy realistic stuff from Maleev. As long as it's well illustrated, I'll enjoy it.

And Squirrel Girl is great, hope you like it!
sillymonkey, I remember you complaining about the black border pages in the Hellboy Library editions because of fingerprints but I am loving them. I think the extra background area adds a lot to those border-less panels, the characters seem to just float in a sea of darkness.

I don't have a problem with the black pages either. I never had finger print problems with any of them.

Owzers

I think i read through that section without leaving any smudges but i didn't embrace borders either. I haven't read my Hellboy Library volume 1 since finishing that arc either....i need to read comics.

And speaking of telltale and walking dead, i need to start Season 2 on ps4. I had played through some of the first season on ps3 but gave up on it.

I don't think I've ever seen anything of Mad's that I dislike from any period after his very early stuff.

tumblr_m7hfwkHuEy1qfwvado1_500.gif

Joe Mad's art speaks to me on a level none of you could comprehend.

And Mignola

And Maleev

And Sorrentino

And Gabriel Ba

Think my top ten artists right now are
Amanda Conner (GOAT)
Mike Mignola
David Aja
Annie Wu
Wes Craig
Guy Davis
Chris Samnee
JHW3
Steve Lieber
Alex Maleev

I think Paul Pope is rad as hell too, but I haven't read a lot from him.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Okay, these might be my new favorite things I own. They just make me so happy.
And they're way bigger than I thought they'd be, too! Can't believe I got them for $35 new.
Just the best.

That's how it starts. First you're just buying a few to fill up some empty shelf space, then you're buying new shelving for future purchases. Goodbye monies.

I didn't buy a new one but I cleared a shelf out today to make room for upcoming Black Series figures. It was quite nice having an empty shelf for a while.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Challa French Toast over everything

use it for a dope bacon double cheeseburger with fried onions, ketchup and maple syrup

Ponn

Banned
Im in the south but never understood the love for chicken and waffles. Nor do I like sweet tea, im a heathen in a foreign land. I love stuffed french toast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom