• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
545882-eating-chicken-and-waffles.jpg

Finished Mad Love for the first time today. I was expecting to enjoy it but not as much as I did. The 'Ride Your Harley' line was hilarious and I love Timm's art. It's a good origin story.

Owzers

Finished Mad Love for the first time today. I was expecting to enjoy it but not as much as I did. The 'Ride Your Harley' line was hilarious and I love Timm's art. It's a good origin story.

make sure to check out the three issue Harley and Ivy miniseries by Dini/Timm, it's getting a deluxe hardcover i think from messi's link awhile ago. It's a bit more wacky but a lot of fun.

besada

Banned
Would anyone be interested in a big comic giveaway? My wife is on a tear to reduce clutter, and since I've largely gone all digital, she has begun eyeing my comic boxes. So, rather than haul them all down to the lcs and get paid almost the amount it was worth to lug them down, I thought maybe some of you younger guys might be interested.

I'm talking straight giveaway, with the caveat that winners have to pay shipping, because I'm not going broke over it. Would that be worth doing for you guys? If it helps, we're talking about the limited comic collection of a guy who managed a comic store during the 80’s indie explosion - British New Wave. So, I know for sure there's at least one original Killing Joke, a bunch of early Dark Horse Presents, 1st printings of stuff like Black Orchid. There may be a Sandman #1 in there, but certainly most of the Sandman first printings, as I bought them as they came out.

Would anyone be interested in a big comic giveaway? My wife is on a tear to reduce clutter, and since I've largely gone all digital, she has begun eyeing my comic boxes. So, rather than haul them all down to the lcs and get paid almost the amount it was worth to lug them down, I thought maybe some of you younger guys might be interested.

I'm talking straight giveaway, with the caveat that winners have to pay shipping, because I'm not going broke over it. Would that be worth doing for you guys? If it helps, we're talking about the limited comic collection of a guy who managed a comic store during the 80’s indie explosion - British New Wave. So, I know for sure there's at least one original Killing Joke, a bunch of early Dark Horse Presents, 1st printings of stuff like Black Orchid. There may be a Sandman #1 in there, but certainly most of the Sandman first printings, as I bought them as they came out.

I'll trade you my AXIS digital codes for them

Zombine

Banned

If it doesn't work out, I'd be interested in the issue of The Killing Joke.

Edit:

Whatever Van Winkle offers add $10 to my offer.

besada, I would be very interested. Maybe not the Sandman/Killing joke stuff but any series you think is interesting but only available in single issues.

VanWinkle

That would be awesome! Depending on how many you have, you may want to piecemeal the giveaway a little so that there isn't one person paying an insane shipping fee (edit: though I doubt that's a huge deal). I'm really interested in The Killing Joke and Sandman and whatever DC stuff is in there, so I'd definitely participate in a giveaway.

VanWinkle

Here's my little collection so far:

rsz0906152207b.jpg

But I also ordered more that I have coming in hopefully sometime this week:

I'm a big Batman fan, so I'm having an amazing time reading all of these great stories for the first time.

Here's my little collection so far:

But I also ordered more that I have coming in hopefully sometime this week:

I'm a big Batman fan, so I'm having an amazing time reading all of these great stories for the first time.

Awesome to see you're enjoying them. Batman's got a ton of good stuff, so you've got plenty to choose from!

If you want another Superman book, definitely check out All-Star Superman.

Owzers

Until Dawn finished ( messi didn't make it :/ )

Atomic Robo vol 2 finished and i started vol 3 which isn't about WW2, which is great.

Hearthstone is wearing thin.....if there are millions of players then apparently i'm the only one with basic cards because everyone is rocking tailored decks.

Time to play Elder Scrolls Online ps4 for the first time.

Messi

Until Dawn finished ( messi didn't make it :/ )

Atomic Robo vol 2 finished and i started vol 3 which isn't about WW2, which is great.

Hearthstone is wearing thin.....if there are millions of players then apparently i'm the only one with basic cards because everyone is rocking tailored decks.

Time to play Elder Scrolls Online ps4 for the first time.

Save the cheerleader save the world :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom