• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombine

Banned
I dunnnnnnnnno, i'd be pretty disappointed if i talked to someone about how much i wanted a page and then they bought it before i could. Of course i don't own any pages....i only get statues that i have to repaint.

Now mind you, we were both looking for the same shit. And he was sitting on two pages for a rainy day. He makes it sound like he outed me or some shit. He said "did you buy the other one" and I said "yes lol" it's not like I made excuses (or bought both,) Also, it wasn't something I ever repeated so....dude needs to chill out and not make a scene. I could get mad, but really? Lol Jesus Christ this fucking place.

Messi

Now mind you, we were both looking for the same shit. And he was sitting on two pages for a rainy day. He makes it sound like he outed me or some shit. He said "did you buy the other one" and I said "yes lol" it's not like I made excuses (or bought both,) Also, it wasn't something I ever repeated so....dude needs to chill out and not make a scene. I could get mad, but really? Lol Jesus Christ this fucking place.

I don't care about the page tbh it's more the having it shoved in my face that you sniped ot every chance you get. But I suppose that is your way of being funny about it.

Also. They had been there for weeks. I said give me a day or two to think and I'd get one. You said cool you would buy the one Ididn't want. Next day I go back one is gone.

Owzers

This place....is great! I should stay outta this since i didn't have a lot of info. And now that i have more info i still wanna stay out of it. I'm going to go pretend to read comics.

Zombine

Banned
I don't care about the page tbh it's more the having it shoved in my face that you sniped ot every chance you get. But I suppose that is your way of being funny about it.

Also. They had been there for weeks. I said give me a day or two to think and I'd get one. You said cool you would buy the one Ididn't want. Next day I go back one is gone.

If you seriously believe I'm saying it to be mean you need to get a grip on reality and stop taking out your personal shit on the wrong person.

I think you people have the brewing Bagley/Romita feud beat.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/09...never-met-his-wife-amazing-houston-comic-con/

Bagley: “My point is if you’re going to do artwork you want to have something to focus on. You’re a real pain in the ass, you know that?”

Romita: “Which is exactly why I’m here, you’d be boring if I wasn’t a pain in the ass.”

Bagley: “I’m so not. Your wife didn’t think I was boring.”

Romita. “Wow. She would beat the shit out of you. She’s much bigger than you.”

Bagley: “I’ve never met his wife, so…”

Romita: “That was very good, I’m impressed.”

Bagley: “So was your wife.”

Romita: “I’m thinking, I don’t want to start picking on your wife, she’s a sweetheart.”

Bagley: “She is a sweetheart. And she has guns.”
More at the link.

Shade The Changing Man #1, #2: Damn, that first issue hits hard. And is such a great start to the series.
It was still the south.
It's been 25 years since this issue but if not for the Robocop 2 ad on one of the pages, I would have assumed it was written yesterday.

I have also come to the conclusion that a copious amounts of LSD was involved in the creative process.

I remember when ElNarez said he heard DD can equip a knife and kill enemies. I thought he was full of it. Then I unlocked.......

JyioPxi.jpg

Bruh, my dog was slicing necks up like a boss ninja.

Like I said, Fuck Pizza Dog.

What the hell happened? Metal Gear has ruined ComicGAF. I bet if it never came out, I would have been here more. I'm obviously the glue that holds this place together.

What the hell happened? Metal Gear has ruined ComicGAF. I bet if it never came out, I would have been here more. I'm obviously the glue that holds this place together.
I don't know. Everyone just needs to settle down. The thread isn't going to be shut down with one errant post. It's a silly thread to talk about comics and fun things around it. So let's go do that instead.

I don't know. Everyone just needs to settle down. The thread isn't going to be shut down with one errant post. It's a silly thread to talk about comics and fun things around it. So let's go do that instead.

I was referring more to the Messi vs. Zombeen art sniping. But as a general rule, if shit is that limited and I want it, I always keep it to myself until after I buy it or decide to pass. Trust no one.

But you see, if we repeat that joke every single week several times a week, it'll certainly be funny sometime.

It also helps that HE IS JUST ADORABLE! LOOK AT THAT FACE!

Hoping so hard that there's a scene where that damn dog gets shot and dies. Wish you could give the horse a knife.

Boogiepop

So, not done Power Girl: Power Trip just yet (got a few issues left), but... what exactly followed up on the stuff from the start of the trade, and was it any good? I'm sure it was because of creative staff or whatever, but it was still weird to read all that buildup of "yeah, but what really is Power Girl's origin?!" and all that stuff and ending on a big ol' "our plan is going perfectly, mwahaha", and then it snaps to "I've known about my history for a while and now I'm trying to move past it".

So, not done Power Girl: Power Trip just yet (got a few issues left), but... what exactly followed up on the stuff from the start of the trade, and was it any good? I'm sure it was because of creative staff or whatever, but it was still weird to read all that buildup of "yeah, but what really is Power Girl's origin?!" and all that stuff and ending on a big ol' "our plan is going perfectly, mwahaha", and then it snaps to "I've known about my history for a while and now I'm trying to move past it".
Blame DC and poor packaging. There's a four-year gap between the "what's her origin?" story from JSA Classified and the start of her ongoing series; the follow-up was Infinite Crisis and the regular JSA series, and Palmiotti/Gray/Conner wanted to start fresh.

The Johns/Conner story from Classified is what got people interested in PeeGee again to start with, but DC waited almost four years before doing something to capitalize on said interest.

Hagi

Hoping so hard that there's a scene where that damn dog gets shot and dies. Wish you could give the horse a knife.

I've got him killed quite a few times already.

The horse doesn't get a knife but you can get him to poop on yourself or dead people if you're into that.

Hellboy LE v1: Had already read this in trades but wanted to start again from the top. Some of the sketches in the collection were pretty great. It was also interesting to see that Frank Miller suggested to Mignola that he write the series as a collection of minis instead of an ongoing with a continuous numbering scheme. The structure is very similar to Usagi Yojimbo, where there are big arcs and then smaller stories. (Instead of a rhythmic 4-issue arcs.) I wonder if that changes past the 2nd LE.

I know dust jackets get some hate here but this book really needs one. Maybe I'll print one on A2 card stock or something.

I think you people have the brewing Bagley/Romita feud beat.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/09...never-met-his-wife-amazing-houston-comic-con/

More at the link.
This is pretty funny

I was tabling at this con over the weekend but didnt hear anything

Mark Bagley comes off as a crotchety old dude judging from my experience + friends experience with him. Him going back and forth with JRJR is just odd. Given they've been working in the same part of the industry for decades you'd think they'd know each other pretty well?

Zombine

Banned
This is pretty funny

I was tabling at this con over the weekend but didnt hear anything

Mark Bagley comes off as a crotchety old dude judging from my experience + friends experience with him. Him going back and forth with JRJR is just odd. Given they've been working in the same part of the industry for decades you'd think they'd know each other pretty well?

I took it as them having fun.

I took it as them having fun.

Ditto. I guess it'd depend on the tone of voice in the original interview, but it reads more like two friends taking shots at each other. Reminds me of how me and my buddies in highschool talked, almost entirely in insults, some of them quite vile.

Are there any comics that tell a whole story in each issue?

That used to be how all comics operated, but I can't really think of any today. Even if the plot of the issue is relatively self-contained, it almost always ties into something bigger, even if it's just character progression.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom